ADVERTISEMENT

This Board is Ridiculous

Okay, lets get this straight. Was I severely upset and pissed off after the So. Miss game? Yes, I was. Completely unacceptable. Was I even more pissed after Florida made a fool of us once again. Yes, I was.

Has there been drastic improvement in the past 4 games to give me optimism CMS can turn this sinking ship around and save the future? Absolutely!! There are always going to be things we can do better. Hell, Saban was pissed after he beat the #19 team in the nation by three Scores. The point is, the name calling and bashing of players are going to do nothing to benefit you, these players or this program. If you for one second don't think that these players, past players or future players and their parents don't check this message board, think again. You may directly or indirectly cause a mindset about this program that makes it "toxic". There is a difference in wanting a change and cussing every coach and player thats involved with the program. That's all I'm saying. Have some hope, have some faith. We are what we are this season and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. Go CATS!!

I just love how these new posters pop up to tell us all how our lack of success, is due to us just being bad fans. Mitch, and all your sunshine pumpers can pound fricken sand. Beat a Sec team with a pulse, and then I'll be fully on board. Seriously, I'm happy that our players won, but spare me the transparent moral lectures on fandom, just because we expect a higher standard to be met. We beat stinkin Vandy at home, and some of you Stoops nut huggers thinks that gives you the moral pedestal to start pointing fingers. Pfft.

That's not the point. The point is how rediculous it is for some fans to spew hatred against players and coaches who are working their balls off and getting W's. They take a freakin beating every game. They pull out two SEC wins and you can't even congratulate them and at least take a wait and see approach. Really?????

There are a lot of dumb people on this board. For a group that is "football" first, and presumably played football from middle-school up through college, there is a definite lack of intelligence or comprehension. I see Petrino this and Petrino that, and the damn "but the school down the road!".

That school down the road has been working on building a winner since the early 90's..not in the past 4 fcking years! Building something from NOTHING takes time.

In some respects, I hope all the moaners and bitchers on here get their way. I hope they get the coach they want, I hope it falls in place exactly like they THINK it should, and when it fails because we start back from zero and it doesn't happen fast enough for them, maybe then they will STFU and realize that just because they played in this school or that school, that they really don't know jack about building a program, and every damn detail involved.

We don't have the worst fan base in the country, that is saved for N.D., but by GOD we sure as hell have the most delusional.

Do yourself a solid and pray for brains

Just an observation: Your snide remarks and internet tough guy persona aren't winning you any converts to your side, but you aren't here for that are you? No, you're just here to flaunt your "holy than thou" attitude. You said here that you'd rather UK shut down the football program than hire a coach you didn't agree with. You sir/maam are the worst kind of fan.

Now carry on with your sanctimonious platitudes.

That's not the point. The point is how rediculous it is for some fans to spew hatred against players and coaches who are working their balls off and getting W's. They take a freakin beating every game. They pull out two SEC wins and you can't even congratulate them and at least take a wait and see approach. Really?????

Sorry, I only occasionally see anyone bashing the player's efforts on here. Quit trying to conflate the two, to further your agenda. The majority take aim at the coaching and the AD.

His press conferences are an embarrassment , you're not getting him either . Pick again
Much rather see his results on the field. MS has embarrassed himself enough in press conf. as well so I don't see how you can go there. The statement he made Sat. Night about the fans was stupid. And you are right , probably not getting him because the AD at Oregon cares about winning and I'm guessing PK will open up the check book. I would be totally surprised if MB had a list of names he would like to pursue when it is time to replace MS, but even though I don't think he is going to need it , that Jurich has a top 5 list just in case he needs to replace BP.

Much rather see his results on the field. MS has embarrassed himself enough in press conf. as well so I don't see how you can go there. The statement he made Sat. Night about the fans was stupid. And you are right , probably not getting him because the AD at Oregon cares about winning and I'm guessing PK will open up the check book. I would be totally surprised if MB had a list of names he would like to pursue when it is time to replace MS, but even though I don't think he is going to need it , that Jurich has a top 5 list just in case he needs to replace BP.

What does Oregon have to do with WSU?

That school down the road has been working on building a winner since the early 90's..not in the past 4 fcking years! Building something from NOTHING takes time.

Steve Kragthorpe

What has UK been doing? trying to tear down a program since the 90's with Tim Couch?

That 4 years is because Joker tore down a program that was moving up with Brooks as Coach.

Steve Kragthorpe

What has UK been doing? trying to tear down a program since the 90's?

That 4 years is because Joker tore down a program that was moving up with Brooks as Coach.

My point is people talk about the school down the road like it happened over night, and it didn't. They took some steps forward, then back, then forward again...it takes time. I can't think of a program that went from nothing to something in a year or even two. Sure there have been programs that were top programs and had down years that recovered quickly, but they aren't a good example because they were top programs before.

Some will point to Oregon...look how long it took them to build a program, all the way back to Coach Brooks.

The closes comparison to UK football in the country is sadly...DUKE.

Yeah, Joker screwed up royally and we may have well been on probation when Stoops got here. Stoops has made his share of mistakes and I acknowledge those, but he has also brought us some things to have hope when looking to the future. Anyone hear the stories about our recruiting room before he got here? How about our training facilities? He deserves some credit there.

As for what UK has been doing since the 90's...not much. 4 years ago is when UK started to make football a priority, not before then.

I know someone within the UK athletic program and Stoops will be here next year. Everyone needs to accept that and support the team.

I'm not obese and there's no such thing as curses. He's an elite coach. There's no debate about that among serious adults. Only a damn fool would pass on him to hire Mark Stoops.

stop it, lots of people passed on Neckbrace before UofL took him back. Lots of stupidity around here.

Reactions: allabouttheUK
They will be looking for a new coach this winter and wouldn't be at all surprised if Leach isn't in the mix and maybe the top choice

Ahhh ok. I went back and read the exchange and was confused. I must have missed the tie in between the two.

I think Leach would be a good fit at Oregon, it's a system not much different than what he has always ran, so not much overhaul of players.

Can't believe Oregon would drop their coach after 1 down year, but hey when you have PK money you can do what you want I guess.

stop it, lots of people passed on Neckbrace before UofL took him back. Lots of stupidity around here.

Lots of people did pass on Petrino and they could afford to, but UK couldn't. UK has exactly ZERO chance of hiring one of the top coaches in the country unless they have some warts on them. This was a chance for UK to have the coaching talent to compete AND to keep him away from the school down I-64.

Sadly like with Schnellenberger UK has let another golden opportunity pass them by and I'm afraid this one too, is going to haunt them for years.

Ahhh ok. I went back and read the exchange and was confused. I must have missed the tie in between the two.

I think Leach would be a good fit at Oregon, it's a system not much different than what he has always ran, so not much overhaul of players.

Can't believe Oregon would drop their coach after 1 down year, but hey when you have PK money you can do what you want I guess.
More like you do what PK wants!!

Just an observation: Your snide remarks and internet tough guy persona aren't winning you any converts to your side, but you aren't here for that are you? No, you're just here to flaunt your "holy than thou" attitude. You said here that you'd rather UK shut down the football program than hire a coach you didn't agree with. You sir/maam are the worst kind of fan.

Now carry on with your sanctimonious platitudes.
Impossible to convert the group I'm talking to and that's not even an effort I'm going to make . I post , they get mad and post back . It turns into a back and forth , your approval is a factor I won't even consider .

an embarrassment for who - every other school that doesn't have him but could have? they are pure awesome.
In all seriousness the obvious reason is that leach had a similar incident that BCG had and Mitch won't even consider him , so you are setting yourself up for disappointment yet again . No chance he hires a coach accused of locking a player in a closet after BCG banished a player to a stall and everything that came with that . Throw in the press conferences and there's too many red flags going off for Mitch .

This is an easy thing to figure out if you take the time to look at it through your schools perspective . Picking the coach you want based on your qualifications and thinking it might happen is going to leave you seven yards short of the sticks . But hey , I'm not going to crush your dream so carry on .

In all seriousness the obvious reason is that leach had a similar incident that BCG had and Mitch won't even consider him , so you are setting yourself up for disappointment yet again . No chance he hires a coach accused of locking a player in a closet after BCG banished a player to a stall and everything that came with that . Throw in the press conferences and there's too many red flags going off for Mitch .

This is an easy thing to figure out if you take the time to look at it through your schools perspective . Picking the coach you want based on your qualifications and thinking it might happen is going to leave you seven yards short of the sticks . But hey , I'm not going to crush your dream so carry on .
You, MB and guys like you and your pompous ass attitudes are THE RED FLAGS that are kèeping this program from ever getting to another level...would you put up with BS if it were the bb program? And the thing with ML at TT was bogus BS!

You, MB and guys like you and your pompous ass attitudes are THE RED FLAGS that are kèeping this program from ever getting to another level...would you put up with BS if it were the bb program? And the thing with ML at TT was bogus BS!
Try to lend you reasoning and you get angry , by all means continue to lust for coaches you will never get and be mystified by it .

Try to lend you reasoning and you get angry , by all means continue to lust for coaches you will never get and be mystified by it .
Maybe Mitch Barnhart should just sign Stoops to a ten year extension and then guys like you and your ilk would be satisfied to be the laughing stock of the Southeastern Conference and the entire country just so long as we have a "righteous" coach...just a question for you... Saying Mark Stoops doesn't make it, and I certainly don't think he will, who would you be satisfied with?

Funny, that's exactly what we heard during joker's tenure, until the ticket sales plunged.
You have a pint there. If it got bad enough and I mean bad, they would have no other choice. At this point he is here and I think it's best to support him and the team until otherwise. Cats have some momentum. Wins are wins

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
My point is people talk about the school down the road like it happened over night, and it didn't. They took some steps forward, then back, then forward again...it takes time. I can't think of a program that went from nothing to something in a year or even two. Sure there have been programs that were top programs and had down years that recovered quickly, but they aren't a good example because they were top programs before.

Some will point to Oregon...look how long it took them to build a program, all the way back to Coach Brooks.

The closes comparison to UK football in the country is sadly...DUKE.

Yeah, Joker screwed up royally and we may have well been on probation when Stoops got here. Stoops has made his share of mistakes and I acknowledge those, but he has also brought us some things to have hope when looking to the future. Anyone hear the stories about our recruiting room before he got here? How about our training facilities? He deserves some credit there.

As for what UK has been doing since the 90's...not much. 4 years ago is when UK started to make football a priority, not before then.
If we keep a 4th year coach that has never been to a bowl game then I say football still isn't a priority. No other school would tolerate that. Even Vandy would be moving on by now.

Who's the recruit?
it was in response to AMJ_13's link to a tweet from a mother of a recruit who was quoting stoops saying they had no idea the program was so toxic when he committed. It looks like its no longer there.

It's people like me that prevents the program from moving to corruption and a win at any cost operation . The vast majority of your group never attended UK , don't care about anything but the game and aren't invested in anything except needing a win to raise low self esteem . Rest assured that I will continue to support the schools position of not hiring trash such as Petrino , Briles or anyone like that . Go pull for Louisville if you want Petrino , hookers in the dorms , probation and overall corruption . Only to get beat when you play Clemson with the supposed best qb ever and a mastermind coach .
I don't think it's your, mine, anybody's place who is a uk fan to criticize what Louisville did at Clemson. Can you imagine if that was uk in Death Valley down 28-10 at halftime? And your delusional to think that stuff like that doesn't go on at other campuses.

I don't think it's your, mine, anybody's place who is a uk fan to criticize what Louisville did at Clemson. Can you imagine if that was uk in Death Valley down 28-10 at halftime? And your delusional to think that stuff like that doesn't go on at other campuses.

Really, there are more whore houses in other college dorms that we don't know about? Wow!

Really, there are more whore houses in other college dorms that we don't know about? Wow!
I'm not defending it in any way. And I'm not even from the state of Kentucky so I don't care about either school But to my knowledge the players may have known about it but it's not like they were like ohhh I wanna bang a hooker too and I'll even give you money. We both know every one of those guys have 157 women at their leisure that they can go do stuff like that with. The situation there was most likely that Andre McGee was paying for them to have sex with multiple of the players at the same time and literally doing ANYTHING ANYTHING ANYTHING they wanted to which you can't tell me that no uk players have ever done that. Maybe not paid and got caught but yes. In some forms a lot of university's have some type of deal along those lines

I'm not defending it in any way. And I'm not even from the state of Kentucky so I don't care about either school But to my knowledge the players may have known about it but it's not like they were like ohhh I wanna bang a hooker too and I'll even give you money. We both know every one of those guys have 157 women at their leisure that they can go do stuff like that with. The situation there was most likely that Andre McGee was paying for them to have sex with multiple of the players at the same time and literally doing ANYTHING ANYTHING ANYTHING they wanted to which you can't tell me that no uk players have ever done that. Maybe not paid and got caught but yes. In some forms a lot of university's have some type of deal along those lines

Since you're not from Kentucky, you don't know crap and yes losersville could be the only college doing what they did. Show me some facts about these colleges who have deals for whores in the dorms, or sthu.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT