ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero

Loved UK so much he had a meeting with Hubert Davis at Malone's
Dude was trying to get away from Cal (since no one knew Cal was gonna be gone)
Then Cal leaves he tries to come back here and is told “meh not happening”
By that point non one else is gonna tak him so he reluctantly follows the one dude who will take him.

I just hope he gets the Pat he deserves.

Neither did Cal (in my book).
He failed at the end of his tenure.

But he added to our Legacy (2012) and elevated us in ways many despise.
(NBA loaded with UK alumni gives us great PR)
I think back in 2009 if people were told we'd hire a coach who had never won a title, who would then stick around for 14 years, get to four Final 4s, two title games, and would win one title everyone would take it in a heartbeat. The relationship got sour by the end, but he did the program a solid by leaving on his own and avoiding the buyout.

I have no ill will towards him whatsoever
There's very very few former players I have ill will towards no matter what they do. Yes, they're all more or less paid athletes now, but at the end of the day they're just young men trying to make the best decisions for their future. I know how confused I was with life in general at that age, and they have to live it out in front of cameras and crowds of tens of thousands of people.

I think back in 2009 if people were told we'd hire a coach who had never won a title, who would then stick around for 14 years, get to four Final 4s, two title games, and would win one title everyone would take it in a heartbeat. The relationship got sour by the end, but he did the program a solid by leaving on his own and avoiding the buyout.
Did the program a solid, left on his own. Did you pay ANY attention to how his departure actually went down.

Really hope we don’t boo these guys when they come back for the game. Idc if we boo Cal, but these kids didn’t do anything wrong.
I hope we do boo them. Why should we treat them like they didn't run off leaving Pope high and dry? They made their decision to choose Cal of Kentucky, so I have no love for them.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Nah. They made the decision to follow the coach that recruited them. Nothing wrong with that per se. Especially DJ.
I have no issue with DJ going. He would have to really improve to be seen as a real value to the team.

Did the program a solid, left on his own. Did you pay ANY attention to how his departure actually went down.
He didn't leave on his own. He got caught trying to use Arkansas as leverage. They outsmarted him by leaking the story to the press. Since his behavior put him in violation of his contract, he got booted.

Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
I hope we do boo them. Why should we treat them like they didn't run off leaving Pope high and dry? They made their decision to choose Cal of Kentucky, so I have no love for them.
I’m not saying cheer them on when they score a basket. They haven’t said a bad word about Pope or UK.

They don't have any bad words to say about either; however, if they did, who cares?
I do not care one way or the other if people boo them. I wouldn’t and it appears a lot of other posters share that opinion. Hope we beat the ever living crap out of Cal, though.

There's very very few former players I have ill will towards no matter what they do. Yes, they're all more or less paid athletes now, but at the end of the day they're just young men trying to make the best decisions for their future. I know how confused I was with life in general at that age, and they have to live it out in front of cameras and crowds of tens of thousands of people.
I bet you didn't have millions of dollars in your pockets as they do. CRY ME A RIVER for those players who either turned their backs on Kentucky or have been seen wearing Arkansas colors.

I would never boo a Coach that won a title for Uk. With that logic you would boo Davis, Wall , Fox, or Reed too? They were here for one year only tooo…
You must new around here, though I suspect you're not. And I'm not going to take the time to explain the mess with Calipari all over again. I'll boo Cal because he was UTTER GARBAGE, who won his only title in a game he damn near tried to lose with his crap. Thankfully the players saved his ass. He's Shiece Of Pit. I'm a very firm believer in loyalty. Players today, and for quite some time now, don't give a crap about loyalty. Very few professional athletes do, either. Every single one of those guys you mentioned, if they left UK and played for some other team, HELL YEAH I would boo them. UK first for me.

• Love
Reactions: LmdCat
I do not care one way or the other if people boo them. I wouldn’t and it appears a lot of other posters share that opinion. Hope we beat the ever living crap out of Cal, though.
I hear you and respect your decision; however, I make no distinction between Cal and his followers.

Dude was trying to get away from Cal (since no one knew Cal was gonna be gone)
Then Cal leaves he tries to come back here and is told “meh not happening”
By that point non one else is gonna tak him so he reluctantly follows the one dude who will take him.

I just hope he gets the Pat he deserves.
Where was it ever reported that he wanted to come back to Kentucky? If it is simply your opinion, you should state it as such.

I bet you didn't have millions of dollars in your pockets as they do. CRY ME A RIVER for those players who either turned their backs on Kentucky or have been seen wearing Arkansas colors.
Like I said, the money doesn't change how I feel. Giving someone empathy costs you nothing and is actually easier than the opposite. You should try it.

Was he fired? Did we pay his buyout? No? Okay, then it was a net positive for the program.

He could have returned and dragged this out a few more years or forced Mitch's hand into getting fired. He did neither. I don't care if him leaving for Arkansas was self serving or anything else. The athletic department didn't have to pay tens of millions of dollars to get rid of him. That's all I care about.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Like I said, the money doesn't change how I feel. Giving someone empathy costs you nothing and is actually easier than the opposite. You should try it.
You can give him all the empathy you choose. He has been given enough so I have nothing close to empathy to give him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT