ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero

Red Flag Japan GIF by MotoGP™

• Haha
Reactions: Rockford
Id love for Thiero, Z and Reed back. Maybe convince Flagg or Richmond to stay. Bring Jaxson and another guy or 2 from BYU and fill the rest of the roster with portal guys and let's go to work.
I wish we had Flagg. Assuming you mean Boogie Fland? And there is smoke out there that he isn’t a lock to follow Cal so it’s a possibility.

I really want Thiero though. I know his dad played for Cal but I think they saw the writing on the wall. They knew he was underused bc Cal played favorites for 2 years. He would be a great energy and D piece to match the offensive firepower we will bring. THIERO is a huge reason we beat UNC, Auburn, UT

I think it was about Cal more than UK. That said, he may not shoot well enough for the Pope system.

Reactions: Farsight
Ohh…. I hope that young man comes back so bad….
Should had started over Edwards especially early in the season.
Should had got more of those Edwards minutes.
Not knocking on Edwards as he has crazy upside talent.
Just praising Thiero and giving his dues….

I wish we had Flagg. Assuming you mean Boogie Fland? And there is smoke out there that he isn’t a lock to follow Cal so it’s a possibility.

I really want Thiero though. I know his dad played for Cal but I think they saw the writing on the wall. They knew he was underused bc Cal played favorites for 2 years. He would be a great energy and D piece to match the offensive firepower we will bring. THIERO is a huge reason we beat UNC, Auburn, UT

Yep Fland lol

I think it was about Cal more than UK. That said, he may not shoot well enough for the Pope system.
Good point though his energy and floor presence could make him a valuable 6th man as I’m reminded of James Lee. A summer with 3 point tutoring with Popes assistants could make him our starter.

Good point though his energy and floor presence could make him a valuable 6th man as I’m reminded of James Lee. A summer with 3 point tutoring with Popes assistants could make him our starter.
I'm still waiting for a coach that can make a 65% free-throwing shooter surpass the 80% clip and a coach who can take a .200 hitter and make a .280 hitter out of him. There are simply limits in the majority of situations.

Every system needs balance. Perimeter shooting needs at least some interior threat. Thiero is going to be a stud somewhere next year. Would be nice if he would be in Lex.

I'm okay saying bye to Thiero... doesn't fit the offense.

Outside of Reed and Z I'm cool reloading with players that Pope wants.

I really like Thiero as a contributing piece, but Pope’s offense revolves around having a lot of shooters, and Thiero isn’t exactly a monster threat.

Reactions: catben
Ohh…. I hope that young man comes back so bad….
Should had started over Edwards especially early in the season.
Should had got more of those Edwards minutes.
Not knocking on Edwards as he has crazy upside talent.
Just praising Thiero and giving his dues….
You were seeing what I was seeing

Reactions: westerncat
Pope will have to adjust his system if he wants to get “some dudes” here. Thiero was the heart and soul of this team, in my opinion. If the basketball coach would’ve played him more against Oakland, we would’ve won. Period.
Quick question. You think Thiero could’ve face guarded Gohlke enough to turn a 4 point loss into a win?
Supposedly the basketball coach didn’t know he was OK to check back into the game until the very end.

Pope will have to adjust his system if he wants to get “some dudes” here. Thiero was the heart and soul of this team, in my opinion. If the basketball coach would’ve played him more against Oakland, we would’ve won. Period.
Quick question. You think Thiero could’ve face guarded Gohlke enough to turn a 4 point loss into a win?
Supposedly the basketball coach didn’t know he was OK to check back into the game until the very end.
I will not miss Cals roster mismanagement of the last 4 years!

He could be a beast in that fun and gun style Pope coaches. Big athletic dude who has handles, can finish at the rim and has shown a solid ability to knock down 3s.

He was just waiting for that final loss to hit the door. He is a talent and when Tre was struggling, Cal should have stuck with Adou.

I believe he could . Some folks don’t realize Polk Salad and eggs can really be a good meal. Thiero is just that. If you wait it out man you gotta great moment in Weatetn Kentucky anyway. I’m an old timer and I like aged whiskey and this one and done stuff ain’t cutting it. This kid is a wildcat, or was. Damn I hate seeing him any place else but I really hope the best for him. I wanna believe Pope sees that and will ask him back

Reactions: westerncat
I believe he could . Some folks don’t realize Polk Salad and eggs can really be a good meal. Thiero is just that. If you wait it out man you gotta great moment in Weatetn Kentucky anyway. I’m an old timer and I like aged whiskey and this one and done stuff ain’t cutting it. This kid is a wildcat, or was. Damn I hate seeing him any place else but I really hope the best for him. I wanna believe Pope sees that and will ask him back
Sorry that was western Ky dang this is good stuff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT