ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero on BBN tonight

If he continues to go after the ball and get the ball then he will be on the floor. We need a guy that plays D, goes for boards and can score enough to keep defenses honest. If A. T. could get 7 pts, 7 boards a game we will be in good shape.
But wasn’t he a 3 star?

• Haha
Reactions: deep3
If he continues to go after the ball and get the ball then he will be on the floor. We need a guy that plays D, goes for boards and can score enough to keep defenses honest. If A. T. could get 7 pts, 7 boards a game we will be in good shape.
I think he easily gets that this year they way he looked this summer. He’s coming along nicely.

I'm not at all comparing their games.. but I have a feeling he might be like how Andre Jackson was for Uconn last year. Nose for the ball, do anything kind of player to help get you the win. Can put up unique stat lines like 6pts 7-rebounds and 4-assists.

I have to say Theiro impressed me in Canada, but it will be hard to keep him on floor 25 minutes a game. You all are saying he can get you 6 or 7 points a game. The guys who will take his spot have better chance at getting 14 to 20 points a game.

What I hope and remain doubtful based upon Cal's observable history is that we stop seeing the favorites who at the time are not performing well. Instead those with effort with judgement get rewarded. So guys like Theiro if contributing (and quit just focusing on him or one playing have to be the one scoring) then play them. No more just giving major minutes to the B.J. Bostons or Askews and on and on because they came to the program highly rated. I am not staying they shouldn't have an opportunity for growth, but not at the expense of the team winning versus having certain favorites costing us games.

Its going to be so interesting seeing our roster combos this year. Thiero is going to be a stat stuffer. His 3 point shot needs some work.

Also who said he can’t shoot?

He shoots with decent confidence on spot up 3s. Hit several in the Bahamas last year.

Think with more game experience and finding his spots he’ll become more than serviceable there.

Thiero has the makings of being that glue guy that every title team has.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT