ADVERTISEMENT

These statements should settle, permanently, any debate about the GOAT.

Hell, I can find “players” to quote that I’m the greatest. What is meant from this whole thread, since you can’t seem to figure it out are top 50 players of all time, Dream Team players and over 75% say MJ.
Bruh i don’t care who is better on the list of players . He simply responded saying that what is being done about MJ in this thread can be done for Lebron with other NBA players . You told him to make a list and he did that . You then cherry pick the list saying such and such isn’t as good as the other list. Even took two hall of famers from the list and said they didn’t like Mike .

His original point still stands .

Reactions: BigCat241
I’m 58. Lebron is the best all-around player I’ve ever seen. Jordan is the greatest shooting guard ever. You can’t compare players who didn’t even play the same position. It’s like arguing who the greatest NFL player is … Tom Brady, Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice. You also can’t accurately compare players of different eras. It’s ridiculous to even attempt to.

Bruh i don’t care who is better on the list of players . He simply responded saying that what is being done about MJ in this thread can be done for Lebron with other NBA players . You told him to make a list and he did that . You then cherry pick the list saying such and such isn’t as good as the other list. Even took two hall of famers from the list and said they didn’t like Mike .

The cherry picking to the point where Gary Payton didnt count because he doesnt consider him a top tier player is very werid to me lol.

Dude said the point of this thread is to prove what top 50 players think about the goat .

Meanwhile Stephon Marbury is in the original post 😂😂😂

The cherry picking to the point where Gary Payton didnt count because he doesnt consider him a top tier player is very werid to me lol.
Oh but he didn’t cherry pick Stephon Marbury off .

I don’t have a problem with anyone picking MJ, but I find it hilarious that the dude has a problem with your original quote .

Reactions: BigCat241
Larry Bird: "I would never call him the best player I've ever seen if I wasn't serious."

Magic Johnson: "There's Michael Jordan, and then the rest of us."

Allen Iverson: "Mike is the GOAT, Mike will always be the GOAT."

Shaquille O'Neal: "The Last Dance only solidified the argument about who is the greatest player of all time"

Kevin Durant: "MJ is one of one, God level, incomparable, a pure master in this shit. I'm still watching his games to learn"

Charles Barkley: "He didn't just want to beat his opponents, he wanted to break them. Like I said, no disrespect to Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, LeBron James, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, the best thing I've ever seen is Michael Jordan and it was an honor and a privilege to play against him. He is the best player I have ever seen."

Dwyane Wade: "MJ was chosen to be the GOAT."

Jerry West: "He is the best basketball player, the best athlete I have ever seen in my life."

Kevin Garnett: "He saved basketball when basketball was about to be lost. When we had addicts, when kids were coming to camp overweight. Who do you think started coming to camp fit, ready for day one? Who started it's?

Dirk Nowitzki: "The Last Dance was excellent. I was a huge Bulls fan in the '90s. So many things I never knew or had forgotten! MJ is the GOAT."

Patrick Ewing: "LeBron is incredible, but he is not Michael Jordan"

Vince Carter: "I still have to give it to Michael Jordan. Kobe Bryant second."

Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon: "When people start comparing LeBron to Jordan, it's not a fair comparison. Jordan was a much more superior player in a tougher league. He was was very creative. That doesn't take anything away from LeBron because He's a great player, but it's not a fair comparison, Jordan is just so superior."

Stephon Marbury: "You really want to rank Jordan? Jordan shouldn't even be in a ranking. I don't know why they keep mentioning MJ's name in the same conversation. LeBron is great, but Jordan is not from this earth. He's just different.

Carmelo Anthony: "MJ is the GOAT. He is the best player of all time, and we all agree with that"
Michael-Jordan-LeBron-James-Michael-Jordan-GOAT-LeBron-James-GOAT-1122x673.jpg

They’re both douchebags.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdnerd
Larry Bird: "I would never call him the best player I've ever seen if I wasn't serious."

Magic Johnson: "There's Michael Jordan, and then the rest of us."

Allen Iverson: "Mike is the GOAT, Mike will always be the GOAT."

Shaquille O'Neal: "The Last Dance only solidified the argument about who is the greatest player of all time"

Kevin Durant: "MJ is one of one, God level, incomparable, a pure master in this shit. I'm still watching his games to learn"

Charles Barkley: "He didn't just want to beat his opponents, he wanted to break them. Like I said, no disrespect to Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, LeBron James, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, the best thing I've ever seen is Michael Jordan and it was an honor and a privilege to play against him. He is the best player I have ever seen."

Dwyane Wade: "MJ was chosen to be the GOAT."

Jerry West: "He is the best basketball player, the best athlete I have ever seen in my life."

Kevin Garnett: "He saved basketball when basketball was about to be lost. When we had addicts, when kids were coming to camp overweight. Who do you think started coming to camp fit, ready for day one? Who started it's?

Dirk Nowitzki: "The Last Dance was excellent. I was a huge Bulls fan in the '90s. So many things I never knew or had forgotten! MJ is the GOAT."

Patrick Ewing: "LeBron is incredible, but he is not Michael Jordan"

Vince Carter: "I still have to give it to Michael Jordan. Kobe Bryant second."

Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon: "When people start comparing LeBron to Jordan, it's not a fair comparison. Jordan was a much more superior player in a tougher league. He was was very creative. That doesn't take anything away from LeBron because He's a great player, but it's not a fair comparison, Jordan is just so superior."

Stephon Marbury: "You really want to rank Jordan? Jordan shouldn't even be in a ranking. I don't know why they keep mentioning MJ's name in the same conversation. LeBron is great, but Jordan is not from this earth. He's just different.

Carmelo Anthony: "MJ is the GOAT. He is the best player of all time, and we all agree with that"
Anybody who watched the goat in his prime would not even entertain lebum in the ballpark !! Kobe ,Bird ,Magic and Chamberlain is better to me and its not even close!

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
Well the statements won’t settle anything . If you had someone other than MJ as your goat these statements aren’t going to all of a sudden make you change your mind .
Really? Those statements aren't from Bubba and Jimmy down the road. Those statements are from the best of the best who ever played the game.

"Bruh", that maybe the "gay-ist" response back from a male, I've ever read. I don't have anything against you at all but I'm not your brother. The 2 Hall of Famers definitely didn't say they didn't like Mike, they said Lebron was the Greatest. All you millennials can say what you will, but the old guys, me, know who was the best.

• Haha
Reactions: shaudyshaud
Not really, the topic just comes up often and I'd never seen this list of greats giving their opinion. Its nearly impossible to argue against these guys.
So what do you do when other NBA greats/players don’t name MJ? Your point would make sense if every single great named MJ. But even then it would still be “an opinion”.

"Bruh", that maybe the "gay-ist" response back from a male, I've ever read. I don't have anything against you at all but I'm not your brother. The 2 Hall of Famers definitely didn't say they didn't like Mike, they said Lebron was the Greatest. All you millennials can say what you will, but the old guys, me, know who was the best.
Do you want us to get off your lawn while we are at it?

• Haha
Reactions: shaudyshaud
Do you want us to get off your lawn while we are at it?
Absolutely, I don't let anyone on my lawn, especially when its been this wet. So, let me get this straight. Your argument was some former NBA players say Lebron was better and you quoted some. The best of those were Dr. J, Oscar Robinson and Isiah Thomas. The other guy quoted, Bird, Magic, Durant, the Logo, Olajuwon, etc. We didn't use Shaq, Iverson as they contradicted. We didn't use Barkley, KG, Isiah Thomas or Pippen as two of those hated MJ and you said 2 hated Lebron. So we can agree that "most" Hall of Famers, Dream Team members and NBA All Stars agree that its Jordan? Correct?

So what do you do when other NBA greats/players don’t name MJ? Your point would make sense if every single great named MJ. But even then it would still be “an opinion”.
Who? Give me this big of a list from players of this level and it might mean something.

All I can think of MJ is the dunk from free throw line, the championships, and his ability to take a defender and get them off-balance and then create separation to make an open jump shot.

He could do that like nobody else.

Actually I think a better argument would be which team is better all-time? The Bulls of the mid 90s? Or how about them Lakers or Celtics of yesteryears?

Reactions: wildcatwelder
His players are not very much above the Ball Brothers except for Oscar Robinson and Dr J. Isiah Thomas wasn’t on the Dream Team and I gave him that one.
Isaiah is the least credible source he gave on the subject. He wasn’t on the Dream Team bc Jordan didn’t like him & didn’t want him on the team. MJ gave an ultimatum & said he was out if Isaiah was in. Isaiah has always held that against MJ & will always be bitter bc of it. And, they hated each other before that. So, Isaiah can’t be taken seriously on this topic. Laimbeer hated MJ, too, so idk about him, either. And, Pippen apparently has an inferiority complex bc of MJ & also has an axe to grind. Those 3 are compromised, IMO, &, shouldn’t be trusted. But, everyone else he listed is fine. I disagree with them, but, they are credible on this, at least.

Well the statements won’t settle anything . If you had someone other than MJ as your goat these statements aren’t going to all of a sudden make you change your mind .
Imagine thinking you know better than the guys what actually played with and against him. Several played against both and they all say MJ.

You’re right though. People are that stubborn. But honestly it doesn’t bother who some stranger thinks the GOAT is, I don’t lose any sleep over them being wrong 😁

Gotta leave room for the younger generation. For instance, check out this quote from an up and comer out of Portland:

"I see myself as one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball."

~ S.S.

The game is ever evolving and changing, and clearly the best is yet to come.
He’s so great he didn’t play in college.

Reactions: Aike
Isaiah is the least credible source he gave on the subject. He wasn’t on the Dream Team bc Jordan didn’t like him & didn’t want him on the team. MJ gave an ultimatum & said he was out if Isaiah was in. Isaiah has always held that against MJ & will always be bitter bc of it. And, they hated each other before that. So, Isaiah can’t be taken seriously on this topic. Laimbeer hated MJ, too, so idk about him, either. And, Pippen apparently has an inferiority complex bc of MJ & also has an axe to grind. Those 3 are compromised, IMO, &, shouldn’t be trusted. But, everyone else he listed is fine. I disagree with them, but, they are credible on this, at least.
I mean the fact that Isiah had an axe to grind with MJ and Isiah still said MJ is the GOAT says a lot. Also, Pippen does say crazy things. Idk if he actually believes them or he just wants attention. But he’s gone on record several times saying MJ is the goat, so him acknowledging that despite whatever he was about later says a lot to me.

Imagine thinking you know better than the guys what actually played with and against him. Several played against both and they all say MJ.

You’re right though. People are that stubborn. But honestly it doesn’t bother who some stranger thinks the GOAT is, I don’t lose any sleep over them being wrong 😁
Don’t get how you translated to me thinking I know more .

Funny thing is this board calls ex NBA players idiots all the time for opinions on basketball related discussions .

Last edited:
I mean the fact that Isiah had an axe to grind with MJ and Isiah still said MJ is the GOAT says a lot. Also, Pippen does say crazy things. Idk if he actually believes them or he just wants attention. But he’s gone on record several times saying MJ is the goat, so him acknowledging that despite whatever he was about later says a lot to me.
According to the other guy’s post they all said LBJ was the GOAT. I was saying since they hate MJ you can’t really trust what they said. I agree with you. It’s MJ & it’s not close, IMO.

You can’t compare era’s. You just can’t. IMO people saying the NBA was better in Jordan’s eta are insane. Way more money invested in developing these kids now. Also in the 90’s, the foreign talent was way behind America in basketball. That’s just not the case anymore. There were 21 foreign players in the NBA in 1990. Now it’s about 25% of the league.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
All I can think of MJ is the dunk from free throw line, the championships, and his ability to take a defender and get them off-balance and then create separation to make an open jump shot.

He could do that like nobody else.

Actually I think a better argument would be which team is better all-time? The Bulls of the mid 90s? Or how about them Lakers or Celtics of yesteryears?
The Durant, Steph, Green, Klay warriors would run both of those teams out of the gym.

Bill Russell played golf with Michael Jordan after Jordan won his fourth NBA championship. Jordan said to him, “I’m coming for your record.”

“Which one?” Russell replied.

Reactions: KMKAT
I actually like Bird as the GOAT. Second is Luka, third Pistol Pete, fourth Dan Issel and fifth Dirk.
If you take that white pointy hat off you might be able to see the basketball games better. Only Bird would be in the top 10. In his prime he could beat a team with Jordan on it. The others you mentioned are not in the top 30.

lit should make you think though.

Those are some of the greatest players to ever play and they’re saying MJ is the best of them.

Disagreeing with them is one’s right of course but it makes one look awfully misinformed.
It’s the political right thing to say but in regard of the two players to change the game it has to be Russell and Chambarlain. MJ never changed the game.

Reactions: KMKAT
It’s a start, so let me pick this apart.
1. Shaq is in both quotes so his point is moot. He says MJ up top then LJ down here.
2. Allen Iverson is also in both so he doesn’t count either.
3. Pippen hates MJ so that’s comical.
4. I’ll give you Dr J and Oscar, so you have 2
5. The other players you quote are NOT top tier players, you lose.
Do you know the dates when they said Jordan was the GOAT? If not, then it may be before Lebron had an argument and was earlier in his career. I personally don’t like the comparison cause the game changes so much and there are so many ways to look at things. For the record, I’m a Jordan fan and can’t stand Lebron. My personal opinion is both are great and arguments can be made for both.

Reactions: dvillecatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT