ADVERTISEMENT

These loses used to hurt

It’s crazy. He consistently recruits well enough to get us wins in the tournament. But I think the combination of missing out on the best of the best (and the one and done approach leaving us with a new roster every year) along with some “playing not to lose coaching”.,.and I wonder, as so did earlier in the year, if he can get us over the jump again. I don’t think so.

I expect nothing different next year either until the powers that be hold him accountable...
All you'll get here is "who else do you want to coach, you troll?" instead of needing Cal to try something different at this point.
This model works with top 5 talent, not top 20...

I expect nothing different next year either until the powers that be hold him accountable...
lol good luck with that. They’re too busy claiming how awesome we are for making elite 8’s and ff’s. The latter of which all came in the first half of Cal’s decade here.

Reactions: MO_Blue
L9MlEPw.jpg

It has stopped hurting years ago because it's gotten old.

Reactions: KY_DO_ENT
In Cals 10 years he increased my immune system. They dont hurt any more. He has lost to inferior teams now on Numerous occasions. Wva U conn twice Wisconsin K state and now Auburn. I am tired of elite 8 final 4 crap. Finish the deal or change your model. Cal has been a huge disappointment
I agree... but most of these dip shits on here don’t

Still hurt for me. Tubby’s last few seasons and Billy Gillespie made me numb, but now that we are in the discussion every year, it hurts to lose.

It’s crazy. He consistently recruits well enough to get us wins in the tournament. But I think the combination of missing out on the best of the best (and the one and done approach leaving us with a new roster every year) along with some “playing not to lose coaching”.,.and I wonder, as so did earlier in the year, if he can get us over the jump again. I don’t think so.
Freshmen revert to being freshmen on the big stage. I thought with Washington and Travis we might have the experience this year but neither is them had experience in the elite eight And Washington collapsing at the freethrow line was the nail in the coffin.

Honestly look back at his career in big games in his career. He blew a title game to Kansas while at Memphis. He nearly allowed Kansas to come back in 2012. Only if he has an Anthony Davis surrounded by MKG TJ and a couple of veterans If Izzo had had Cals talent he would have had 4 titles. Cal is a great recruiter but poor game coach

I used to be raging mad when we lost. Especially in the Cal era. But the older I get, the more I realize that inexperience will wilt on the biggest of stages. The culture at the University of Kentucky must change for us to win another title. We must retain talent and leadership but I’m afraid that it will take a change of leadership to change the culture. For as great as Cal is in getting teams to come together, he can’t win the big ones. And it ultimately boils down to inexperience and poor bench coaching/ game preparation.

In Cals 10 years he increased my immune system. They dont hurt any more. He has lost to inferior teams now on Numerous occasions. Wva U conn twice Wisconsin K state and now Auburn. I am tired of elite 8 final 4 crap. Finish the deal or change your model. Cal has been a huge disappointment

Yawn. You admitted you're a grumpy old man that (delusionaly) expects a title every year. You then changed it to elite eight and now have changed it back to a title. You're the laughing stock of this board.

Last edited:
Every last loss hurts me the same, with the exception of years we had flawed teams with zero real chance (1987, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2016, 2018 + NIT teams )

I either destroyed property or got that want to cry lump in my throat after 92, 93, 94, 95, 97, 03, 04, 05, 10, 11, 14, 15,17, and 19.

It hurts deep. The only difference is I get over them faster as I age.

Lord have mercy. Offense has, umass, memphis, kentucky. Several times. The defense is good enuff to win titles. The offense is not. Cause we go up against great defenses too lol. Kansas, kentucky when he was at umass, and slew of teams when at kentucky. 2012 was an exception. Teague the pg saved that game. And traveso almost got us in 1996. Rose almost got it done lol. I mean cal is the right guy. We must have the right guys on court at that very crucial moment. Cal got 1 title cause teague was his only guy at that moment. It boils down to that. Cal wins #2 when that guy is on court at that moment. What moment am i talking? When his offense skeem is not getting job done. And other team on verge of winning. Cause they got great defense too. Causing our offense to lack heavily. Getting us into a choke moment. Davis is 1 time player so far we have seen. Davis didnt win 2012 title game. 1 defense play at end. And teague hitting shots at end during the run. Was reason we escape worst game we had in 6 game run. Just that simple.

I filled out one bracket for this tourny with UK losing to Duke in the finals...so I'm disappointed because I didn't see this loss. [poop]

Luckly nobody cares what the losses do to you since you admitted you like agitating people here and are "old, grumpy and expect a Championship every year.". Your opinion on UK basketball gets thrown out for stupidity.

Reactions: Cawood86

Kind of scary how quickly our fans can lower their championship standards just because they “get used” to things

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT