ADVERTISEMENT

"There is a difference between greed and hunger." Mohamed Bamba

Is this an indication that he isn't coming to Kentucky? There is no doubt that he doesn't see UK as hungry when it comes to recruiting. We might have an unusually big appetite, but we are not by any measure, hungry. I can only assume he sees UK as greedy. And that seems like a negative.

What's your take on the statement?
I think he is referring to going early to the NBA

Reactions: railroadkat_1
Is this an indication that he isn't coming to Kentucky? There is no doubt that he doesn't see UK as hungry when it comes to recruiting. We might have an unusually big appetite, but we are not by any measure, hungry. I can only assume he sees UK as greedy. And that seems like a negative.

i don't think you understood his comments at all.

Not picking on how you read that but his statement was pretty clear and absolutely positive for UK. He's simply responding to the "why" when people wonder why Cal brings in so many top players. He was saying it isn't about lazy greed, it's about a hunger for dominance. I'm pretty sure Bamba likes it....a lot.

Could be seen as a positive, He may be saying, UK is not greedy, they are hungry for a ship. Who the hell knows?

Only Bamba knows for sure what he meant, but my take on what he said is good news for UK (and Duke). He made the statement *in response* to people complaining (my language) that Duke and Kentucky (the "rich") keep nabbing all the good recruits (getting "richer").

His take? It's not greed (something associated with the "rich"); it's being hungry. When you're hungry, you go after what you need. And, for the record, we need a player with Bamba's particular set of skills.

(What he does have is a very particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for opposing players. If the opposing players don't enter the lane, that'll be the end of it. He will not look for them. He will not pursue them. But if they challenge him in his house, he will look for them, he will find them, and he will reject their shots.)

Why don't you put the quote in perspective next time? First off, the comment was made at the McDonald's AA game. Secondly, he threw out the names of UK and Duke as an example of why it makes him laugh when people say the rich getting richer. Laughing at how ridiculous these statements are. Leave it to a Kentucky fan to find a negative in his statement.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
I don't see it as any accusation of greed but a statement of need at least in the "kind of" sort of way. That shot blocking could be the difference between a Final Four or better and not with super green squad.

He is basically saying we are not being greedy because we want him and all the top recruits. We are just being hungry to win all the time. nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: BBUK

I'm hungry, it isn't like we won a NC yesterday. We need to probably stop analyzing every little thing these kids say. Wish we could have gotten Knox.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT