ADVERTISEMENT

There’s a harsh truth to face!!!!

cats2010

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
We will not, cannot, win with cal at the helm. I’ve said before and it’s worth repeating, I think he is quite possibly the worst pure basketball coach in the game today.

Team is fun to watch but at the end of the day there’s nothing left but a bunch of handwringing and multiple questions of why? Why the same defense? Why no (insert players name)? Why this rotation? Why that play? Why why why????? Easy answer is Cal, he is simply useless and it shows every single game and it’s getting worse, not better.

In my best Morgan Freeman “There’s a harsh Truth to face, no way we’re gonna win with cal at our side”.

Yes he is getting worse. Have you noticed his teams no longer get better at the end of the season? That’s 100% lack of coaching. What coach in the country plays Cals defense which includes wide open 3s from every team they play? But yet the other team can limit our shooters. We have one of the country best 3pt shooters in the country but he doesn’t qualify for rankings because doesn’t have enough attempts.

How stupid is it that you don’t have plays to give Reeves, Dilly, or Reed quality looks every game? How stupid is it a lob play is you go to play to tie the game when you could shoot a 3 to win and could put 2 of your 7’s on each side of the goal for a rebound? Folks Calipari is and has been a terrible coach for years and he can’t change. Seriously many people as they age become stubborn and limited on their thinking. He has a team with so much talent they easily could make a FF. Unfortunately they won’t come close because of Cal and unfortunately Cal will never realize he’s the reason. This year’s team is proof that Cal needs to step aside.

With Cal you have to realize it’s about “intent”. His intent isn’t to win games/championships. If it were he would have been starting Reed and Dilly from the beginning. His intent is to advance guys to the next level, hence his continuing to start Edwards. It’s really that simple.

Seriously, what Coach who is trying to win games doesn’t play his best scorer?

With Cal you have to realize it’s about “intent”. His intent isn’t to win games/championships. If it were he would have been starting Reed and Dilly from the beginning. His intent is to advance guys to the next level, hence his continuing to start Edwards. It’s really that simple.

Seriously, what Coach who is trying to win games doesn’t play his best scorer?
I’ve said this since 2012. His main focus is on players getting drafted. Any other collateral goodwill is a byproduct. If we luck into another championship then so be it. He’s used the program to make himself and those around him a shit ton of money. He’s arrogant, self serving, pompous and just an overall jackass. I sent MB email after email about how he’s destroying the program. It’s taken awhile for the balance to start shifting. When we do get rid of him, we will need a complete rebuild.

Refs and the NCAA hate him, even if he coached well, even if the players played amazing, the ncaa / sec / refs will rape us with officiating to give us losses and make cal's career horrible until he's gone. Its time to get a well liked coach
K was the biggest ahole of them all.....yet won 5 titles. Because as much as I can't stand Ratty B., the man was a damn good x and o coach.

It’s like watching a 4 year television series that’s an absolute nightmare, but you have to sit through it, because it’s going to cost you $33 million dollars to turn off and walk away.

It’s like watching a 4 year television series that’s an absolute nightmare, but you have to sit through it, because it’s going to cost you $33 million dollars to turn off and walk away.
The SEC network money pays 52 million this year. They could do it with that if they had too. All profit money. No loss

Reactions: Fox2monk
We will not, cannot, win with cal at the helm. I’ve said before and it’s worth repeating, I think he is quite possibly the worst pure basketball coach in the game today.

Team is fun to watch but at the end of the day there’s nothing left but a bunch of handwringing and multiple questions of why? Why the same defense? Why no (insert players name)? Why this rotation? Why that play? Why why why????? Easy answer is Cal, he is simply useless and it shows every single game and it’s getting worse, not better.

In my best Morgan Freeman “There’s a harsh Truth to face, no way we’re gonna win with cal at our side”.
That’s your truth to face.

And probably the rest of the CHC?

It’s not my truth. Nor the world’s truth.

Cal can win. Cal has won. I’ve seen him do it.

Of course I’m not willfully blind.

We have seen this movie way too many times in the past 9 years!!

Reactions: KFuqua
The SEC network money pays 52 million this year. They could do it with that if they had too. All profit money. No loss
Bluegrass, I have brought this up several times in this forum. Received $43 mil last year. One response was this money goes to the athletic department. If correct, is this money needed to fund the department or is it over and above what is needed?

COW is owed $33 mil or so and from what I have heard on this forum it is not required to be paid out in a lump sum, but $6 mil or so each year. Is this true! If so, get rid of this clown the day after we are eliminated from the NIT!!

Yes he is getting worse. Have you noticed his teams no longer get better at the end of the season? That’s 100% lack of coaching. What coach in the country plays Cals defense which includes wide open 3s from every team they play? But yet the other team can limit our shooters. We have one of the country best 3pt shooters in the country but he doesn’t qualify for rankings because doesn’t have enough attempts.

How stupid is it that you don’t have plays to give Reeves, Dilly, or Reed quality looks every game? How stupid is it a lob play is you go to play to tie the game when you could shoot a 3 to win and could put 2 of your 7’s on each side of the goal for a rebound? Folks Calipari is and has been a terrible coach for years and he can’t change. Seriously many people as they age become stubborn and limited on their thinking. He has a team with so much talent they easily could make a FF. Unfortunately they won’t come close because of Cal and unfortunately Cal will never realize he’s the reason. This year’s team is proof that Cal needs to step aside.
100% the last team that got better by the end of the year was probably 2019 maybe 2020 but they still about lost their last game at Florida.

I really wish there were a separate board for Calipari obsessives. Or a separate board for non-Calipari obsessives. Just a nice, clean Sheep/Goats division. Or something that would identify Obsessives at Work in the header and a mechanism for not seeing them.

When the sphincter is tightened, the losses be heightened...
That’s true, we have seen the last shot data for us and our opponents the last 4 seasons and it shows without a doubt that he will not get a stop or a bucket when needed. He’s at 3% conversion rate for our shots. I’d bet players could not have a strategy and do better than that improvising.

I really wish there were a separate board for Calipari obsessives. Or a separate board for non-Calipari obsessives. Just a nice, clean Sheep/Goats division. Or something that would identify Obsessives at Work in the header and a mechanism for not seeing them.
No one forced you to comment here, yet you did anyway. The topic of the thread was made very clear with the first sentence. You chose to remain and then participate. Save your crocodile tears for another cause.

That’s your truth to face.

And probably the rest of the CHC?

It’s not my truth. Nor the world’s truth.

Cal can win. Cal has won. I’ve seen him do it.

Of course I’m not willfully blind.
I’ve also seen him not win with many stats to back it up the last 6 years. It’s backed up by our results and the statistics. He’s not improving, he’s building teams that preform the same year after year. That’s the reality. Basketball isn’t the same as it was in 2017, and neither is his coaching.

No one forced you to comment here, yet you did anyway. The topic of the thread was made very clear with the first sentence. You chose to remain and then participate. Save your crocodile tears for another cause.
Not tears.

Well I guess there's a reason he has so many great players in the Pros with only ONE National Championship!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT