ADVERTISEMENT

The Worst Songs of All Time

My vote for the worst song is "A Horse With No Name" by America. "Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain." Really?
I believe they were discussing the duality of the human existence. The horse, a steel horse, its rider represents "everyman." Biking through a metaphorical desert, pondering the ignominy of its nameless but safe from the hustle, bustle and Pain of the city from whence he came . The irony of doing so to retreat from the rain that in mere days, would provide life sustaining thirst quenching to himself and the metaphorical desert in which he wanders. JMHO

I believe they were discussing the duality of the human existence. The horse, a steel horse, its rider represents "everyman." Biking through a metaphorical desert, pondering the ignominy of its nameless but safe from the hustle, bustle and Pain of the city from whence he came . The irony of doing so to retreat from the rain that in mere days, would provide life sustaining thirst quenching to himself and the metaphorical desert in which he wanders. JMHO
Huh. I thought it was just sh!t with its stilted english and cataloguing things in the desert...and things. But now I know it's some high-falutin' smarty-pants sh!t.

Reactions: DrH. Lecter
We're leaving out Madoina and all that corporate style over substance pop crap aren't we? If every song they ever performed sucked then we shouldn't count them. Under that criteria, We Built This City is the worst and it's not close. I won't link it because I don't want people to hate me because they listened to it.
"We Built This City" is great compared to "Planes" .
That's the worst Starship song I ever heard.

Some of you all are lucky to have never had to endure EDM and all the sub genre crap spit from that. Yall talk about crappy music and I've yet to see a Skrillex song pop up anywhere. Or remember that week when The Chainsmokers were all the rage?

Reactions: PickSixKing
Anything you would hear in a grocery store or Dentists office.

My first job was in a grocery job. The same summer (1999) that Ricky Martin, Britney Spears, Nsync, and Backstreet Boys blew up

apocalypsenow-horror.gif

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Stairway to Heaven is the only correct answer.

It was the pinnacle of monotonous, self-indulgent nonsense. Purple prose set to a meandering and boring score.

And the fact that it has been stupidly touted, for decades, as one of the greats, only drives my point further.

Garbage...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WTF Cat
I read "Dirt", Motley Crue's autobiography. Nikki Sixx claimed that the rise of Guns n Roses signaled the death of the glam metal genre. They knew that their day was over when they saw them perform live in 1990 with no makeup, high heels or stupid spandex costumes. They were more about the music and less about the show. Grunge came shortly thereafter but so did big albums from bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers (Blood Sugar, Sex, Magic) and Metallica (Black Album). Those were all released about the same time as Nevermind (1991) and Pearl Jam's Ten. 1991 also brought GNR's Use Your Illusion double album. I was in grad school back then and my roommate was really into music. So that 1 1/2 year period in music is stuck in my mind.
Damn shame Nikki didn't see the Cult performing a few years earlier. They would have hung it up earlier. They may have been a little glam at the start.

This is worth watching just for historical purposes.

55 should be Rock Around the Clock and 73 Freebird or Money.

Macarena should be nominated as worst trash ever.

Last edited:
Macarena should be nominated as worst trash ever.
Maybe. But without that song the world would never have experienced the greatest parody that ever parodied, the Macaroni screensaver for Windows in the mid-late 90s.

Ha, just look at those little noodles dance! So amazing and funny!

The bicycle song by Queen is horrible , but Macarena and Rocky Top are good nominees . And those pricks from Green Day have a single out bashing the American Dream despise them

I can't call Rocky Top the worst because I can acknowledge that if I grew up pretty much anywhere else (except Alabama) I'd love it.

agreed with the bicycle song. Queen has so many great songs yet for some reason that one always gets a play.

Green Day hasn't put out anything worth listening to since the 90s.

What are the deciding factors for worst song?
* overplayed?
* bad song by an historically great group? (Eg Jeff Starship).
* does it exclude novelty songs that are easily dismissed? (Eg I like Surfin Bird by the Trashmen, but whatever)
* liked by more women than men?(see Taylor Swift)
* market formula? (Nickelback)
* appealing to the gays? ((Cher)

Well, there's always "Honky Tonk Bedonka Donk" and "Swing Batter" by Trace Adkins. Both were country hits somehow.

"Seasons in the Sun"
Pretty much the entire Bee Gees 'Saturday Night Fever' - shit disco music sung by a group with their collective gonads in a VERY tight vise. Ungodly bad
All heavy, heavy metal where the 'vocalist' growls incomprehensible syllables over a barrage of amps turned up to 11.
Showing my age, all EDM computer-generated dance 'music' - all the same, all awful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT