ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting THE WAR ROOM!

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
** I'm not sure there are going to be as many takes from the state of Kentucky this year as a lot of people probably assumed there would be. Dakota Patterson from Corbin is someone who I'm sure UK will want to see at camp this year, Micah Carter is unlikely to end up at Kentucky and it's a matter of how hard UK is pushing, and I know Woo Spencer is working hard in the classroom to make sure all the options he wants are available to him. The guys I do think UK is pushing hard for right now would be Cristian Conyer and Oryend Fisher.

** Saadiq Clements is a defensive line option for Kentucky and the speed at that size is intriguing. Interesting question whether they ultimately pursue him or Gahanna (Ohio) Lincoln defensive lineman Kamari Burns. I know Burns is very high on the board. Clements is probably pretty close to him but I know Burns is a wish list guy.

** UK's checking on 4-star Ohio WR Anthony Brown soon. Like where they stand at the moment...

** Hearing the Cats are unlikely to take another cornerback. Most likely scenario is Keidron Smith is the only defensive back UK brings in from the portal. I'd expect him to start and Andru Phillips to play quite a bit. It is possible that something falls into their lap but I really do think they're done recruiting DBs.

** Kentucky would still take a really good looking tackle from the portal but the word I got recently is they feel like between Buford, Flax, Goodwin, and Wohlabaugh they will have enough to roll with. In other words, it is entirely possible that Kentucky is finished with the transfer portal, although I do get the sense that they would take an OT if it's the right fit. They don't believe its a spot where they have to add someone at OT or DB, though.

** Watch out for Alex Afari this year. Folks are eager to see how he stacks up when he gets to campus and into camp. Apparently he's looking fantastic. As I've said, when you throw Afari and Kobi Albert into the mix it could make the room look substantially better, although they are freshmen.

** Alabama has apparently had serious interest in Kentucky TE commitment Tanner Lemaster. I don't think they are going to offer at least in the near future but have had real interest in him. I know Wolford was going to check on him as well as Cristian Conyer, Arvell Reese, Jermaine Mathews, and some other UK targets on Alabama's behalf.

** Kentucky is working on Louisville cornerback commitment Jeremiah Collins, and while that situation had favored the Cardinals for some time he is indeed keeping an open mind.

** Still hearing Kentucky vs Tennessee for Bowling Green defensive back Christian Conyer.

** UK has Ty Bryant on board at safety and I believe the DBs they would love to add to round out their secondary class are Winton Woods CB Jermaine Mathews, Bowling Green safety Cristian Conyer, and Rivals250 Michigan DB Amare Snowden. The sense I get is UK is a short list school for each one of those players at worst.

** Confident that Kentucky is a short list school for QB Dante Reno. Can say that. Do think South Carolina is strong as well as some have speculated. UK and South Carolina are definitely two to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.