ADVERTISEMENT

The Wagner Hype Is Real

It's ok to get excited but everybody is a paper champ during the off season.Got to prove it on the court.

When DJ took over, Edwards disappeared. Guess we will be see.

DJ made some big 3s but hit the deck a lot and shot an airball as well trying to do too much at times.

Will definitely be a learning process.
Edwards had a huge defensive stop down the stretch. Also made the hit ahead pass on Wagner’s late dunk.

Ummmm I might be jaded by John Calipari but I know when my eyes tell me we got a prototypical Cal recruiting class coming in.....

Holy shits my friends. Backcourt is fire like Fox and Monk. Bradshaw looks like we have the real deal in the post FINALLY.

☺️Dudes I'd say you want Oscar T. on this team 💯x💯. We be highly stupid not wanting Oscar on this team.
Oscar and his dominant ways with those guys tonight?

WATCHOUT.

Looks like getting Antiqua back corrected the recruiting!!!!!! Thanks guy. This looks like you're type recruiting class my friend from 2009-2014

The MVP of the McDonald's game is never ever ever ever ever ever have to worry about a coach screwing up. He will have Coach Cal eating out of his hands.

I'll admit I'm impressed, I think Chin and Antigua hit some home runs with this recruiting class, but this was a HS all star game and Cal is still going to be coaching these guys and he's not going to modernize his style of play.

You have to spread the court, Cal doesn't know how to do that and he's not very interested in trying.

We will have dudes that can get to the rim, but will they even be able to get around all the bodies that will be in the paint?

Hopefully Reeves and Adou return and I really hope Cal gets another guard or two out of the portal. He needs to use all 13 scholarships and be prepared for injuries and players quitting.

Think a lot of people may be overlooking Sheppard as I think the has a very high basketball IQ and can play with guys that are ranked higher than him. I can see him playing some Pg if needed and his shot is a lot better than some think. In this All Star game he did not get to show his outside shot. Will be a very good player for UK next season.

Bradshaw is the one who surprised me most. I'd expected a Jenga bag of bones. He didn't flinch or backdown or get panicked. And he can shoot. We'll see if that translates into playing basketball.

One glorified scrimmage against other high schoolers and our fans start foaming at the mouth again.

Please pump the brakes. These kids are good and Alpha’s, but Cal hasn’t put his hands and philosophy on them yet. He will wear them down he does it every year.

• Sad
Reactions: cathouse and know1
Livingston shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Edwards. He’s a good rebounded for his size but isn’t exceptional at anything else and has a low basketball IQ.

In our final game did Livingston show up?

He’s a good rebounder, driver, and finisher. Has a decent shooting stroke. But needs refinement. He’s what a typical Star freshman looks like. His role was also limited.

I’m sure you would’ve said the same about Bryce the previous year.

This group has the kind of talent where Cal can actually put together a competitive final four run. I just wish we had a younger, hungrier coaching staff that made the extra effort it takes to get over the top.

I think Cal is way too comfortable these days. I also think that no matter how good the team is, Cal on the bench means crooked as crap officiating when it counts.

Crap. Just watched the McD game.
Didn't want to get sucked in again......but here I am.

Thinking this bunch has something different about them that has been missing for several years.......a lot of dog.....and not just Wagner.

I feel like HH. Here I go. Looking forward to watching these guys play.

Turn them loose Cal. Turn them loose. Keep your fat little fingers off of them and let their natural talent take us where we can go.
Wildcat Lane is HH.

• Wow
Reactions: cathouse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT