ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

Slap back talking points might make you feel better but this shit isn’t black and white. Trying to oversimplify complex issues to fit talking points is a fools errand and a good sign you’re probably getting manipulated.

Reactions: RunninRichie
If we hadn't just lived through covid, I never would've expected so many people to be so irrevocably obtuse and cocksure.

And so easily manipulated.

There's no substantive difference between this thread and the one which accidentally disappeared other than the magnitude of the consequence of such ignorance.
This is really ironic. Considering the US government just released a report. Detailing how the FSB is manipulating MAGA. As well as how Iran is manipulating the Hamas supporters. But I guess it's just more deep state lies.

Slap back talking points might make you feel better but this shit isn’t black and white. Trying to oversimplify complex issues to fit talking points is a fools errand and a good sign you’re probably getting manipulated.

This is really ironic. Considering the US government just released a report. Detailing how the FSB is manipulating MAGA. As well as how Iran is manipulating the Hamas supporters. But I guess it's just more deep state lies.

You have to first think outside of politics and your feelings. Is that possible for you?

No.

Reactions: hmt5000
You have to first think outside of politics and your feelings. Is that possible for you?

No.
This is again ironic. Considering you spend all day talking about ''the left''. And refuse to think outside your feelings and politics.

Maybe gain some humility too while you are at it.

You knew nothing about the issue and region before feb 2022. You know less now.

Sure, fund the death and destruction. Fine and dandy when someone else is doing it,

But, would you yourself be willing to go?

No.

• Haha
Maybe gain some humility too while you are at it.

You knew nothing about the issue and region before feb 2022. You know less now.
Guy who has said the CIA has biolabs in Ukraine. And that really Ukraine wants to be Russia. Wants to tell me about the region. And knowledge about said region.

Guy who has said the CIA has biolabs in Ukraine. And that really Ukraine wants to be Russia. Wants to tell me about the region. And knowledge about said region.

Stop imputing things on me that exist only in your mind.

I never said such things. And I'm not telling you anything; you people already played your hand with me.

Death and destruction can end any time. All Putin has to do is pull his boys out.

No.

• Haha
One week ago we signed a ten year bilateral security pact with them. I know you like Trump but you all are on the wrong side of this one. Why is appeasing Putin ok here? How is this any different than saying Hitler will stop with Poland?

Then what do you suggest we do? If Putin is Hitler, it seems irresponsible to be leaving it up to 40+ year old Ukrainian men and women fight this war they are losing with our old weapons, is it not?

How can you settle for anything less than elimination of Putin, which is going to take American boots on the ground, at minimum, nuclear war at worst?

• Haha
Then what do you suggest we do? If Putin is Hitler, it seems irresponsible to be leaving it up to 40+ year old Ukrainian men and women fight this war they are losing with our old weapons, is it not?

How can you settle for anything less than elimination of Putin, which is going to take American boots on the ground, at minimum, nuclear war at worst?
So this is your argument? Ukraine can't win without US soldiers? This is hilarious.

Kind of like arguing 90 miles is not off the coast? Or claiming we are supporting Ukraine because we support democracy? Or, all of a sudden, we have a moral obligation to defend a country being attacked in another part of the world? Or Putin won’t stop at Ukraine and NATO will be next?

Yeah. The other side is getting manipulated. Got it.

Meanwhile, after all of the death and destruction and the polarization of the world and the expenditures we really don’t have, the end result appears to be the same as it was in year one. The only question is, how far will the pro-war faction let this go.

Like you deflect at the report by the US government. Proving that Russia has been pumping all the talking points, you've been making for 2 years? Sure, I guess.

I didn’t deflect. I laughed at you.

Accusing others of falling for propaganda, when your position aligns 100% with the major political parties, corporate media, Hollywood, etc., is so laughably stupid you can only be mocked for it.

I didn’t deflect. I laughed at you.

Accusing others of falling for propaganda, when your position aligns 100% with the major political parties, corporate media, Hollywood, etc., is so laughably stupid you can only be mocked for it.
DEEP STATE LIES!

Death and destruction can end any time. All Putin has to do is pull his boys out.

Or Ukraine can lay down.

Okay, now that we have removed the two things that are highly unlikely to happen, let’s ponder whether there is another way to end the death and destruction and the collateral damage being done by the perpetuation of this war. Come on, don’t be stuck in your corner, you who claim to be free thinkers. You can do this.

• Haha
Or Ukraine can lay down.

Okay, now that we have removed the two things that are highly unlikely to happen, let’s ponder whether there is another way to end the death and destruction and the collateral damage being done by the perpetuation of this war. Come on, don’t be stuck in your corner, you who claim to be free thinkers. You can do this.
I'm not the guy flipping shit and declaring. 2 years into a war. That the only way to end it is nukes or NATO soldiers on the ground.

You 2 years into WW2

''We'll never beat the japs, the only options are to fallback and defend the mainland or be utterly destroyed''.

Reactions: chroix

You act like Russia nuked Afghanistan after they lost there. If you don’t understand the idea of a buffer think of Ukraine as a wall instead.

Kind of like arguing 90 miles is not off the coast? Or claiming we are supporting Ukraine because we support democracy? Or, all of a sudden, we have a moral obligation to defend a country being attacked in another part of the world? Or Putin won’t stop at Ukraine and NATO will be next?

Yeah. The other side is getting manipulated. Got it.

Meanwhile, after all of the death and destruction and the polarization of the world and the expenditures we really don’t have, the end result appears to be the same as it was in year one. The only question is, how far will the pro-war faction let this go.
You're all over the place and I'm not sure what a few of points are referring to but I disagree with your position that seems to favor isolationism. There is a benefit to a world order that favors us versus one that favors Putin/Xi/Kim. It is weird that people that advocate for America First don't understand this very basic idea. The fact that it requires investment on our end is baked in the cake.

These same guys defend Israel. Because ''Hamas started the war''. But when it comes to Ukraine it's different. Expecting rational thought from these guys is a lost cause.

First, Israel is a true long-time partner of the U.S. in a place where the U.S. seriously needs partnerships. Are you against supporting Israel?

More importantly, Israel can win that war. We went from believing Russia (and, supposedly, the new Hitler) would steamroll Ukraine, and we evidently were ready to accept that, to funding the war with no discernible end. Not the same thing.

And, please, don’t ever again equate Putin to Hitler, because it just demonstrates your lack of historical knowledge or candidness. Because, we all have pondered the morality question “if you could go back in time, would you assassinate Hitler, if you had the chance?” Sitting back and saying that Putin is Hitler, but we won’t ever put boots on the ground is disingenuous crap. If he is Hitler, and we truly believed that and its implications, we would be ready in a heartbeat to enter the war more formally.

You act like Russia nuked Afghanistan after they lost there. If you don’t understand the idea of a buffer think of Ukraine as a wall instead.

Jesus Christ. You people keep comparing Putin to Hitler, Russia to 1940s Germany, then you get asked to elaborate on the comparison and immediately deflect to something else.

Putin wasn’t leading Russia/Soviet Union during the Afghan war.

You compared him to Hitler, a genocidal lunatic, now deflect to a conflict neither of them were involved in to claim Putin would not act like a genocidal manic.

Reactions: SDC888
You're all over the place and I'm not sure what a few of points are referring to but I disagree with your position that seems to favor isolationism. There is a benefit to a world order that favors us versus one that favors Putin/Xi/Kim. It is weird that people that advocate for America First don't understand this very basic idea. The fact that it requires investment on our end is baked in the cake.

My point was patent. Your post was crap.

And, then, you avoided my question. How far? Show me Ukraine can win.

Or Ukraine can lay down.

Collateral damage is the real threat. It's better to keep it contained where it is than to let it spread. That minimizes the risk of other countries getting involved inherently.

First, Israel is a true long-time partner of the U.S. in a place where the U.S. seriously needs partnerships. Are you against supporting Israel?

More importantly, Israel can win that war. We went from believing Russia (and, supposedly, the new Hitler) would steamroll Ukraine, and we evidently were ready to accept that, to funding the war with no discernible end. Not the same thing.

And, please, don’t ever again equate Putin to Hitler, because it just demonstrates your lack of historical knowledge or candidness. Because, we all have pondered the morality question “if you could go back in time, would you assassinate Hitler, if you had the chance?” Sitting back and saying that Putin is Hitler, but we won’t ever put boots on the ground is disingenuous crap. If he is Hitler, and we truly believed that and its implications, we would be ready in a heartbeat to enter the war more formally.
1. Ukraine can beat Russia

2. When I equate Putin to Hitler. I am talking about their desire for expansion.

3. You support Israel, but not Ukraine. Because ''Israel is our long-time partner, in a region we need partners''.

But when it comes to Ukraine, who was also attacked. It's ''Biolabs were there, the CIA did it, Dems did it, this is a money-laundering scheme''. No way will you ever say that about Israel. And I do support Israel in defeating Hamas. But the double standard is why no one can take you serious.

Or how about you be honest. You support Israel because of religious reasons.

Jesus Christ. You people keep comparing Putin to Hitler, Russia to 1940s Germany, then you get asked to elaborate on the comparison and immediately deflect to something else.

You compared him to Hitler, a genocidal lunatic, now deflect to a conflict neither of them were involved in to claim Putin would not act like a genocidal manic.
Imperialist country invades neighbor. Isolationists get scared. Make it Japan and China if you want. You deflect constantly.

1. Ukraine can beat Russia

2. When I equate Putin to Hitler. I am talking about their desire for expansion.

3. You support Israel, but not Ukraine. Because ''Israel is our long-time partner, in a region we need partners''.

But when it comes to Ukraine, who was also attacked. It's ''Biolabs were there, the CIA did it, Dems did it, this is a money-laundering scheme''. No way will you ever say that about Israel. And I do support Israel in defeating Hamas. But the double standard is why no one can take you serious.

Or how about you be honest. You support Israel because of religious reasons.

(1) prove it. What have we seen over these years to show that Ukraine can win? And, what does “winning” mean for Ukraine and for us?

(2) watch Pinky and the Brain to see my response.

(3) Seeing that I NEVER SAID that about Ukraine, go back now to being manipulated and your lying arguments.

I've elaborated like 4 times to you. You refuse to listen to me. The comparison stems from their desire for expansion. Hitler wanted to cleanse Europe, ethnically. Putin wants his old empire back.

You saying ''Putin will nuke us if he loses''! is so stupid. Putin wants to expand his empire. But he's not gonna launch nukes because he lost. ''BUT YOU COMPARED HIM TO HITLER'' please see the first part of this post.

And, Little Richie, go back in this thread and see early on where I supported aiding Ukraine so that we could get this to a peaceful resolution. If I thought, or anyone truly could demonstrate, that Ukraine could “win,” I would support continuation of that aid. But, support for aid is and will continue to wane and Ukraine will not win, regardless

Last edited:
And, Little Richie, go back in this thread and see early on where I supported aiding Ukraine so that we could get this to a peaceful revolution. If I thought, or anyone truly could demonstrate, that Ukraine could “win,” I would support continuation of that aid. But, support for aid is and will continue to wane and Ukraine will not win, regardless
Have you actually been keeping up with the war? Or just sky screaming in the political thread about tweets?
We now have very solid data that Russia will run out of IFVs by mid-December.

The accelerating AD losses, especially in Crimea, will only happen faster once F-16s arrive, and those planes will hit a number of targets in Crimea. Russian control of Crimea is only going to get more and more tenuous every day.

The new sanctions that forced Russia to stop all trading in dollars and Euros will only accelerate inflation and the inevitable Russian financial collapse.

In the meantime, on the Ukrainian side:

- US military aid has renewed their ability to fight

- They have stopped the Russian advance in northern Kharkiv

- Ukraine now has solid commitments of five Patriot systems, with strong possibilities for two more. They also have the French promise to train Ukrainian pilots on Mirage fighters and get those planes in the sky by the end of the year. There are also a number of other air defense systems promised, including another SAMP/T system, eight NASAMS, and more IRIS-T. By the end of the year, Ukraine will be able to protect itself from Russian missile attacks.

- The new conscription law has substantially fixed the Ukrainian personnel problem, at least once new recruits get trained.

- The relaxation of Western restrictions on hitting targets in Russia will stress Russian supply lines and result in the increased destruction of Russian military equipment.

- F-16s will enable Ukraine to much better target the Russian deep rear.

- US and European production of artillery shells has increased to the point that Ukrainian forces can always fire back. Production next year will approach Russian levels.

- The Swiss conference beginning tomorrow will formally commit most of the world to the restoration of Ukraine's 2014 borders. With the elevated sanctions, so many nations are now getting squeezed into choosing sides, and they aren't choosing Russia.

- The $50 billion that will soon be going to Ukraine from frozen Russian assets will guarantee Ukraine's financial security through 2025 and enable them to invest even more in the drone production that constantly hits Russian airbases, refineries, ships, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT