ADVERTISEMENT

The Team Needed This Loss So They Can Go Into The Tournament Hungry

Can't be prepared sitting on the coach watching Little House on the Prairie instead of earning your $9 million doing game prep. If we're being honest, this team isn't doing shit in the NCAA Tournament and should they be so lucky to win a game that's a sad state the Kentucky Basketball program when UK only hangs banners for Final 4s/National Championships.

lol, if we go to a FF I won't give a shit, so in that regard I agree. But, I think these guys got plenty of losses under their belt this season. They needed to continue to build confidence they can go on a win streak.

If we're being honest, the conference tournament doesn't mean squat anyways. This team will be prepared for the only tournament that matters.
There is not one shred of evidence that this team is going to learn anything from this loss. My guess is we go out Thursday afternoon and throw out another clunker and we see how many leave for the NBA and transfers we have by the sweet 16 weekend. Rinse and repeat for the NBA minor league team.

NWO SUCKS!!!!!

So does LOSING in the SEC Tournament when UK used to RARELY lose in it!!!

Cal has LOWERED ALL of the expectations for SOME fans.

SAD

Reactions: sambowieshin
Yeah, this is kinda like when we lost to Vandy in the SEC final in '12 and MSU in '96.

it doesn’t mean squat if you treat it like squat. several times we’ve gone on big runs in the ncaa’s because that tournament got us going. cal doesn’t care about it and still we get 10,000-15,000 people to show up. it’s a pathetic attitude for a coach to have. you can get a player going, you can try new things, you can bring your bench along, you can get confidence, you can WIN.

If we're being honest, the conference tournament doesn't mean squat anyways. This team will be prepared for the only tournament that matters.
Heck Yeah! I hate for the fans that went to Nashville and bought tickets for the entire weekend but ,now Wallace and CJ have extra time to get healthy! We weren’t going to win the tournament with a hobbled Wallace anyway.
It worked out for the best!

We've been so up and down this year that it's hard to believe that we would be prepared for it. This is one of the more frustrating teams I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

How is losing gonna help this group. Whoever Kentucky has to face next week, that coach will run circles around cal, with the week they have to prepare while our coach won’t do Jack shit.

Yeah I'm not buying this team needing to lose to be hungry approach.
This team has only looked hungry a couple times this year.

This team never seems to adjust to the opponent they are playing. They look like they are never prepared for what the opponent has to offer.

Looks like we just play our game offensively and defensively and hope we have a better outcome.

Looks like we play defense at 75% effort most of the time.

Hard to enjoy watching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT