ADVERTISEMENT

The officiating was very clever tonight..

conspiracy-theories-3x2.jpg

The real gripe that I have was the bogus calls on Gabriel and the phantom call on Diallo. The other one was a foul on PJ when Sneed got the rebound and fell to the floor. Looked like he just fell. We still should've won this game. PJ at the line killed us.

The ref who called most fouls on PJ owns several canabis dispensaries in Colorado. His website is reeferee.com

When was the last time a UK player shot TWENTY free throws in one game ? PJ Washington got the Yante Maten treatment tonight..but only after it was apparent that he was a mess at the free throw line. Everybody in the building knew he was going to keep missing free throws. It was written all over him. And the refs knew it. PJ has been getting beat up and put to the ground and such all season..he never came close to shooting 20..TWENTY free throws in a single game. I said in a thread earlier tonight that there was a play that I could have swore that SGA drew the foul on and should have been shooting free throws..it comes back from commercial/the TV timeout and PJ is back on the line shooting for that foul.

When he was like 4/10 is when it started. He turned a couple of them into and 1s..I don't think the refs anticipated for those to happen. He also was the one shooting on the majority of our 1 and 1s. Very odd and strange and fishy that one guy shot over half of UK's free throws..oh and he just so happened to be struggling badly from the line that same night. Hmmm..very odd indeed. Say what you want, but it was fishy as all hell.

The ref who called most fouls on PJ owns several canabis dispensaries in Colorado. His website is reeferee.com

Well, clearly, the case is solved, then.

SGA shot 12 free throws last night. Stop the BS that he wasn’t getting calls. Washington got calls because he was the most aggressive player in taking the ball to the rim. Had nothing to do with the refs saying “ oh he’s struggling from the line and i hate UK/Calipari, so let’s keep sending him so he can keep missing” theory. That is beyond out of this world.

SGA shot 12 free throws last night. Stop the BS that he wasn’t getting calls. Washington got calls because he was the most aggressive player in taking the ball to the rim. Had nothing to do with the refs saying “ oh he’s struggling from the line and i hate UK/Calipari, so let’s keep sending him so he can keep missing” theory. That is beyond out of this world.
Fouling out 3 Kansas State players in a one possession game is somehow Anti-Kentucky.

giphy.gif

When was the last time a UK player shot TWENTY free throws in one game ? PJ Washington got the Yante Maten treatment tonight..but only after it was apparent that he was a mess at the free throw line. Everybody in the building knew he was going to keep missing free throws. It was written all over him. And the refs knew it. PJ has been getting beat up and put to the ground and such all season..he never came close to shooting 20..TWENTY free throws in a single game. I said in a thread earlier tonight that there was a play that I could have swore that SGA drew the foul on and should have been shooting free throws..it comes back from commercial/the TV timeout and PJ is back on the line shooting for that foul.

When he was like 4/10 is when it started. He turned a couple of them into and 1s..I don't think the refs anticipated for those to happen. He also was the one shooting on the majority of our 1 and 1s. Very odd and strange and fishy that one guy shot over half of UK's free throws..oh and he just so happened to be struggling badly from the line that same night. Hmmm..very odd indeed. Say what you want, but it was fishy as all hell.

Can't blame this game on officials, hell we shot more FT's than Kstate just didn't make them, plus we did not play well, when this teams struggles in the assist column they get beat every time.

Come on, don't start that $hit that the refs beat us. Their players, doing what their coach drew up as the game plan beat us, plain and simple. When you foul out 3 of their starters, and the other two have 4 fouls, don't blame our loss on the refs. We just got out coached, not the first time, and it won't be the last.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: FtCampbellCat
The old fat guy was blowing his whistle like he was getting paid per call. I bet out of 51 foul calls he made at least 30-35 by himself. He is also the one who called Cal for being outside the coaching box even though Bruce Webber stood 8-10 feet outside of it the whole game.

First, I would say that this is a subtle referee trick that people have noticed for years. Hard to complain about the refs when your team shoots a ton of free throws, but sometimes it’s interesting to dig deeper and pay attention to who shot them, when, and why.

That being said, the bigger issue was that Knox or Richards weren’t strong enough in the post to trade places with P.J. and draw the bulk of those fouls.

To the OP......

Are you seriously saying that the refs had it in for us, so they colluded together to find the one UK player that was not making FTs in the game, even though he is shooting well for the season, and then proceeded to call fouls ONLY for him since he could not make them ?

Seriously ??? SMH
That's why I love this place.

Even better, the refs decided to foul out Sneed from KSU in a game that could have went into overtime. You know, the guy that had 22 points and was 5-8 from 3 point line. All to help KSU try and win the game.

Not that it means anything, but somewhere In the game thread I mentioned that PJ would be taking all of our free throws down the stretch.

Now, had we fallen behind by 8 with a minute to go . . . Then, you would have seen Shai or Knox getting to the line.

I guess you guys don't read the threads. It was already stated and is a fact that a UK player hadn't shot 20 free throws in one NCAA Tournament game since 19****ing61 !! Nearly 60 years ago. That shit doesn't "just happen"..Rodrick Rhodes did shoot 19 in an NCAA Tournament game in 1994..nearly 25 years ago. Again, that shit doesn't "just happen"..people yelling "conspiracy" and telling me I'm wrong or "dumb" and such or whatever..well, History agrees with me and says you guys are the idiots. Read before making yourselves look like even bigger idiots..or look it up.

Okay..even if you or you guys ignore everything I said, it's still not normal (Or even near it) to have 50+ fouls called in a game. A forty minute game. Over 50 fouls called. The refs called this game the exact opposite of how they called the Loyola Chicago/Nevada game. A mucked up, sloppy foul/whistle fest of a game. No rhythm, no flow..lots of stoppages..hard to go on a big run..perfect for the undersized, outmanned team and a nightmare for the more explosive, more talented, bigger and younger team. You guys need to wake up and smell the coffee. No offense.

I agree with you that the refs interjected themselves into the game and called way too many fouls. But, I don't thing there was a conspiracy against us by calling fouls to get PJ to the line more. K State wanted the game to be an ugly, disrupted uneven game. It was the only chance they had and they got it.

I think the OP is having fun with us, but I do love good conspiracy theories! However, is there any possibility Weber noticed that PJ couldn't make foul shots and had his team foul whenever he got the ball?

Here we go again with the referee conspiracy. Those evil referees! LOL! PJ Washington was mugged all night. That’s why Kansas State’s players were in foul trouble. Referees can’t anticipate how a player will shoot. Look, they called 30 fouls on Kansas State. That alone should have put us in the driver’s seat in this game. We lost this game because we didn’t play well, and it wasn’t on Washington. It was on Diallo, Gabriel, and a few other players who weren’t mentally ready. I attended the recent UK-Florida game, and our sluggish performance last night was similar in a lot of ways to our sluggish performance in Gainesville. At the end off the day, this just wasn’t a very good team.

I think the OP is having fun with us, but I do love good conspiracy theories! However, is there any possibility Weber noticed that PJ couldn't make foul shots and had his team foul whenever he got the ball?
Nah, PJ just owned them. They couldn't do a damn thing with him.

All I know is that they sent the wrong player to the FT line at least once, maybe twice. I'm watching it now. @StevieJFTW07 when did that play involving SGA happen?

Maybe I've got it wrong and maybe it was Knox that drew the foul. The one I remember was either at the 11, 7, or 3 minute media timeout in the 2nd half. I want to say it was the 7 minute timeout.

I can't buy into this being a plan.. but man, how crazy it is that the second it's known that PJ is going to miss FTs.. he gets fouls called him like I;ve never seen in Cal's tenure. There were plenty of times fould could have been called on other Kentucky players. But nopp.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Yes, I noticed that immediately. I was just wondering if there was another instance.

Not that I noticed but I believe someone else in this thread said that Knox also drew a foul but PJ was shooting the free throws for that foul. I don't know when that one happened. PJ shot so many down the stretch, I must have just not picked it up.

I can't buy into this being a plan.. but man, how crazy it is that the second it's known that PJ is going to miss FTs.. he gets fouls called him like I;ve never seen in Cal's tenure. There were plenty of times fould could have been called on other Kentucky players. But nopp.

Hey, man..something you said about this last night alerted me to it..so I thought back..and then I remembered an occasion or two where I was almost certain that someone else drew the foul but PJ was shooting the free throws instead.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Haha..AGAIN, a UK player hadn't shot 20 free throws in an NCAA Tournament game since 1961..nearly 60 years ago and only once has a UK player shot 19 free throws in one NCAA Tournament game since then (Rodrick Rhodes in 1994..nearly 25 years ago) but I'm the "idiot" ? Haha, buddy...riiiiiiiight. Whatever helps you sleep better at night.
You do realize had PJ not been getting foul calls, you'd be on here complaining about that as well right?

Reactions: shaudyshaud
That's why I love this place.

Even better, the refs decided to foul out Sneed from KSU in a game that could have went into overtime. You know, the guy that had 22 points and was 5-8 from 3 point line. All to help KSU try and win the game.
It was all part of their master plan! Foul out their best player in a mad game of bait and switch. Lull the guys into a false sense of security, when in actuality their walk-on they had to sub into the game was really Mitch Richmond’s clone. The refs, Jay Bilas, the Illuminati AND the Russians were all in on it!!!

You do realize had PJ not been getting foul calls, you'd be on here complaining about that as well right?

Ummm probably not, man..because UK would have probably won the game if not for PJ going to the line the majority of the offensive trips down court the last what..5-7 minutes of the game ?

Reactions: UKUGA
Haha..AGAIN, a UK player hadn't shot 20 free throws in an NCAA Tournament game since 1961..nearly 60 years ago and only once has a UK player shot 19 free throws in one NCAA Tournament game since then (Rodrick Rhodes in 1994..nearly 25 years ago) but I'm the "idiot" ? Haha, buddy...riiiiiiiight. Whatever helps you sleep better at night.
Oh and this “Well history says” argument..you freaking kidding me? Guess what, history says a 16 will never bear a 1 seed either! Hahahaha

Lol, you are INSANE! You are complaining about a guy shooting TOO MANY free throws. Guess what, ANY coach in America would kill to have a guaranty that any one of their guys would shoot 20 free throws, while fouling out three of the team’s starters and overall best player along the way. Because 99% of the time that would mean victory! But nooo...you’ve worked out the math and somehow come to the most asinine conclusion that the refs, in their infinite wisdom and hate of UK, determined that the best strategy to ensure Cal’s demise was to give their hated enemy an innumerable amount of free scoring opportunities??

Lol, yes you are an idiot and need medication. I say that last part seriously. If you truly believe what you’ve said, and aren’t just screwing with us, then you genuinely have some issues.
I fear we have been trolled

Oh and this “Well history says” argument..you freaking kidding me? Guess what, history says a 16 will never bear a 1 seed either! Hahahaha

Cool, bud. Hahahaha. You're so hilarious. About as funny as..well, I don't know..but you're funny. You got me laughing so hard. Great job.

ADVERTISEMENT