ADVERTISEMENT

The Official: "Please forgive me, Coach Pitino, for all the things I use to say about you" Thread

DrH. Lecter

All-American
Apr 5, 2007
Let me go first.

Coach P (Oops we have a new Coach P) Coach Pitino....I hope you will accept my apology for all the bad things I said about you when you were up the road coaching the other. You crushed my soul when you got on Papa John's jet and flew back with your Hog sized head boss and patriarch of the Jurich Crime Family. That really sucked. REALLY sucked.

But now that you are back up north the situation has changed. And I'll be darned....you've shown yourself to be a really stand-up guy with the New Coach P hiring. I gotta think you were hoping you'd get the call. I guess MB is not as forgiving as I am.

Anyway, I bet you will be the new Coach P's biggest fan. Please feel free to come back to the place where your Jersey hangs in the rafters, (despite my best effort to get it yanked down). I forgive you for flipping us the bird...hopefully you can forgive me/us for the things we've said. Peace.

Let me go first.

Coach P (Oops we have a new Coach P) Coach Pitino....I hope you will accept my apology for all the bad things I said about you when you were up the road coaching the other. You crushed my soul when you got on Papa John's jet and flew back with your Hog sized head boss and patriarch of the Jurich Crime Family. That really sucked. REALLY sucked.

But now that you are back up north the situation has changed. And I'll be darned....you've shown yourself to be a really stand-up guy with the New Coach P hiring. I gotta think you were hoping you'd get the call. I guess MB is not as forgiving as I am.

Anyway, I bet you will be the new Coach P's biggest fan. Please feel free to come back to the place where your Jersey hangs in the rafters, (despite my best effort to get it yanked down). I forgive you for flipping us the bird...hopefully you can forgive me/us for the things we've said. Peace.
He was standing up for a former player, he flipped you the bird

Pope loves and trusts Rick. If we love and trust Pope, then we have to at least abide by what he deems trustworthy, for now. I think Pitino is a shit human being. But...we have enuff on our plate right now. Ricky P is the lil corn on the salad bar. Love it, hate it, its there, and u can pick it or walk past it.

• Haha
Reactions: flacat22
First he was understood for leaving Kentucky to go to Boston. Hell, they offered him part ownership and crazy money. Most of us were hurt, but we understood. Then he shit the bed in Boston, decided to return to the good ole NCAA. Ok, we understand, we have a coach that won a National Championship not too long ago. We can’t just cast him aside to welcome you back. It is understood that another team will have you as a coach. There are only a few jobs in the country that you shouldn’t take, Duke to name another. However, you decide to go to our instate rival? Seriously? How is that not a slap in the face? Ok, it is what it is, there you are. Now you sleep with a married woman, whose husband is connected to the program. Bad enough, right? Whoops, she’s knocked up. Ok, just convince her to have an abortion. Not a big deal, the Louisville fans are willing to sell their souls to the devil for another win. Shortly afterward, maybe it will be easier to get top recruits if we provide prostitutes, oops, I mean sex workers, to them and their fathers. SHIT we got caught and fired. Maybe Kentucky will welcome me back someday. Guess what, I don’t want that type of degenerate associated with Kentucky Basketball any more than history already dictates.

I don't dislike Pitino for going to Boston. I don't even dislike him for going to ul, though I thought it was shady. I dislike Pitino because he couldn't stop talking about us while he was at ul. I lived in the Louisville area during that time and you couldn't open the paper, turn on the news or listen to the radio without Pitino commenting on UK and the fans..... Usually back handed compliments and outright talking down to.

He had other job opportunities. He came to ul to stick it to us. I don't feel bad for smiling at his fall. LOL>

I forgive Ricky 3 stacks. He thought he could turn Louisville into Kentucky. It didn't work. The dude has said nothing but remorse about leaving and good things about UK at every turn. There's no reason he can't be welcomed back into the family here at UK.
Yup, I look at it this way. He made 2 mistakes that he regrets to this day regarding Kentucky. Leaving for the Celtics, and taking the Cards job. If he wouldn’t have left we all know he would be coach K level by now. He could have taken any job other than UofL and we would have been fine with it. We just need to look at it like Pitino gave me a great childhood and brought UK back from the dead. He set us up for future successes even after leaving. Then he ends up embarrassing UofL and then burying them trying to keep up with UK. So that right there should make him a legend. 1.) makes UK the best 2.) Ruins our little brother. It doesn’t get much better than that.

First he was understood for leaving Kentucky to go to Boston. Hell, they offered him part ownership and crazy money. Most of us were hurt, but we understood. Then he shit the bed in Boston, decided to return to the good ole NCAA. Ok, we understand, we have a coach that won a National Championship not too long ago. We can’t just cast him aside to welcome you back. It is understood that another team will have you as a coach. There are only a few jobs in the country that you shouldn’t take, Duke to name another. However, you decide to go to our instate rival? Seriously? How is that not a slap in the face? Ok, it is what it is, there you are. Now you sleep with a married woman, whose husband is connected to the program. Bad enough, right? Whoops, she’s knocked up. Ok, just convince her to have an abortion. Not a big deal, the Louisville fans are willing to sell their souls to the devil for another win. Shortly afterward, maybe it will be easier to get top recruits if we provide prostitutes, oops, I mean sex workers, to them and their fathers. SHIT we got caught and fired. Maybe Kentucky will welcome me back someday. Guess what, I don’t want that type of degenerate associated with Kentucky Basketball any more than history already dictates.
Louisville fan hates

I don't dislike Pitino for going to Boston. I don't even dislike him for going to ul, though I thought it was shady. I dislike Pitino because he couldn't stop talking about us while he was at ul. I lived in the Louisville area during that time and you couldn't open the paper, turn on the news or listen to the radio without Pitino commenting on UK and the fans..... Usually back handed compliments and outright talking down to.

He had other job opportunities. He came to ul to stick it to us. I don't feel bad for smiling at his fall. LOL>
I agree but I think a lot of those comments were because he was mad at himself. He wanted to endear himself to little bro and the only way to do that is by taking shots at UK.

The bitter section of our fan base who still hate Pitino is absolutely hilarious to me.

You would have thought Pitino stole their wife or something. It's old-lady-quilting-circle level of pettiness.
I was a huge fan of the guy. I was pretty young when he left to coach the Celtics. I was a little sad but I pulled like hell for Boston but UK and Tubby were still #1 for me. When he went to UL he lost me but that’s life, it’s a dang game. When he pulled the Syphert thing I disliked him and thought he was nuts. Then you have the stripper thing and the tattoo and the Lord only knows what else. I have nothing for the man anymore.

I was a huge fan of the guy. I was pretty young when he left to coach the Celtics. I was a little sad but I pulled like hell for Boston but UK and Tubby were still #1 for me. When he went to UL he lost me but that’s life, it’s a dang game. When he pulled the Syphert thing I disliked him and thought he was nuts. Then you have the stripper thing and the tattoo and the Lord only knows what else. I have nothing for the man anymore.
Bingo!

I never had any animosity of significance. Maybe a little game chippiness or calling him Skelator some such.

I was all for bringing him back to head the transition to Pope or maybe Rondo so we just skipped that step.

I think Billy Clyde is the only true dead to me because he was awful to the players and a loser.

I even forgave Eddie and followed him at Oklahoma State some.

I guess I just have no Hatfield or McCoy in the veins.

The bitter section of our fan base who still hate Pitino is absolutely hilarious to me.

You would have thought Pitino stole their wife or something. It's old-lady-quilting-circle level of pettiness.
I agree, Saul. Now. let me say, again ... in his off-court behavior Pitino displayed many of the characteristics of a despicable human being. I said that when he was at U6, and I can't back away from it. BUT ... I've never hated Pitino, and I hope I never missed an opportunity to opine, as I do now, again - that he is the best basketball coach that ever occupied the head coach's chair at U.K. ... with all deference and respect to Coach Rupp.

Let me go first.

I think anyone that starts the "OFFICIAL' anything thread is an ass.

I just never really got the hate. He provided my best UK memories so far. What a time to be on college in the late 90s.
And on more of his time at ul... I had a buddy that was working on one of ul's ath dept construction projects. When Pitino went by he said "go big blue" and Pitino asked him if "he were one of those UK fans that hate him"?... My buddy told him no but wanted to beat him on the court. my buddy got pushed off that job. Apparently, Pitino complained to the Union and he was moved off... Most of that crew was UK fans. LOL. Just seemed like such a petty thing for a multi-millionaire to do to a guy just being friendly about the rivalry.

Pope loves and trusts Rick. If we love and trust Pope, then we have to at least abide by what he deems trustworthy, for now. I think Pitino is a shit human being. But...we have enuff on our plate right now. Ricky P is the lil corn on the salad bar. Love it, hate it, its there, and u can pick it or walk past it.
So when Cal was here you avoided by his politics? I hope Pope outperforms Hurley, but I will not cherish Pitino because he does. That's cult like thinking

What? He specifically chose UofL because he knew how well loved he was in KY and thought we'd just welcome him back and become fans again. Not to mention everything else. Guy is a gross human. Cheers for the 90s but he burned those bridges not me.

Pitino may have been the only person who could have pulled us out of the probation disaster of the late 80’s. We were penalized just short of the death penalty. He brought exciting hope and kept it going until probation was over with a core of Ky kids. I hated him for taking the U of L job and he did some shady things but nothing more than Cal who just never got caught. Rick Pitino has been to this point beyond Rupp to be the best coach to ever sit on a UK bench. He now realizes he should have retired here but is grateful that a former player is here. Welcome home Ricky P.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT