ADVERTISEMENT

Jaxson Robinson

But it's his own player. Plus throwing money at players is the only way to get them now.
My bad for not catching that it's his own player. I think Pope is going to show us that it's really also about fit. If it's really only about money, then the fake of college basketball is on life support. There will have to be intervention, equalization.

Trilly just said a bunch of teams are asking about him and he may be move 100 percent open than previously though
I mean he's moved a lot--Arkansas/A&M/BYU so this isn't anything that shocking. Along with the fact his press release said "I'm 100% open". It's one thing if he just played for Pope/BYU but he's moved around a lot himself.

I mean he's moved a lot--Arkansas/A&M/BYU so this isn't anything that shocking. Along with the fact his press release said "I'm 100% open". It's one thing if he just played for Pope/BYU but he's moved around a lot himself.
Yeah, I just can’t see Kansas with all they have coming in, that move wouldn’t make any sense. He starts here and gets his shots, but I fully get why he would listen to other teams. I still think he ends up here, but if he didn’t I wouldn’t mind wells coming here

Yeah, I just can’t see Kansas with all they have coming in, that move wouldn’t make any sense. He starts here and gets his shots, but I fully get why he would listen to other teams. I still think he ends up here, but if he didn’t I wouldn’t mind wells coming here
It won't be Kansas but he is going to be the classic free agent.
Show me the money...that's all.
IF that's the case, then he won't be coming here. Not a fit.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
That's the perfect point to be made BlueRunner. I don't see that there's any more to be said about the Jaxson Robinson situation than that.

Yeah got to trust Pope on this one. And really all of them until there’s reason not to. These guys are all basketball eggheads and aren’t just grabbing available guys all willy nilly and hoping it works. There’s a lot on the line and Pope understands that more than prob anyone else UK could’ve hired.

He didn't start for Pope at BYU--no guarantee he starts here. Kugel is a guy I can see them cutting loose. Whatever the reasoning will be, but he's rumored to be a "me" guy and if they wanted to bring someone in, it would be at his expense. They need more shooting. Griffen is their shot maker from outside--Storr is a scorer, not a great shooter.

He's one of 2 guys from BYU that I wanted Pope to target (Chandler being the other) but I'm fine if they get different players. Brea is an elite shooter so if they land him--good enough. I'd love to get greedy and add Robinson but understand if he goes elsewhere based on his history. This isn't some HS recruit attached to Pope and deciding to follow him who pulls a fast one. He's mentioned he's open, he's transferred 2x prior to BYU--so things can happen.

He didn't start for Pope at BYU--no guarantee he starts here. Kugel is a guy I can see them cutting loose. Whatever the reasoning will be, but he's rumored to be a "me" guy and if they wanted to bring someone in, it would be at his expense. They need more shooting. Griffen is their shot maker from outside--Storr is a scorer, not a great shooter.

He's one of 2 guys from BYU that I wanted Pope to target (Chandler being the other) but I'm fine if they get different players. Brea is an elite shooter so if they land him--good enough. I'd love to get greedy and add Robinson but understand if he goes elsewhere based on his history. This isn't some HS recruit attached to Pope and deciding to follow him who pulls a fast one. He's mentioned he's open, he's transferred 2x prior to BYU--so things can happen.
If they missed on Robinson I would want Shulga or wells or another good shooter than enters

If they missed on Robinson I would want Shulga or wells or another good shooter than enters
They land Brea, they'll have the best shooter in CBB last year. They will have time to fill out roster and recruit guys who fit best.

Gotta be careful trying to get too many mouths that need to be fed. Need guys who will blend as a team.

Robinson is a dude. Right now we need guys who can create offense when a play breaks down, and he is certainly that.

As for him not starting at BYU, apparently he's more comfortable coming off the bench and him and Pope agreed it was the best course of action after he had started previously.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
They land Brea, they'll have the best shooter in CBB last year. They will have time to fill out roster and recruit guys who fit best.

Gotta be careful trying to get too many mouths that need to be fed. Need guys who will blend as a team.
Agree I just think they need two wing/guard scorers to round out this team

Agree I just think they need two wing/guard scorers to round out this team
Plenty of guys still out there. I agree 100% with you too friend. Think Robinson is fantastic and when Pope was hired he was the 1st player I mentioned as wanting to see UK try to get to come with him. So not saying he's not a great player or wouldn't want to see him-just saying he's not the lock that some in media have painted due to the fact this isn't a career long relationship where Mark Pope recruited him out of HS and he's played for him entire career.

Plenty of guys still out there. I agree 100% with you too friend. Think Robinson is fantastic and when Pope was hired he was the 1st player I mentioned as wanting to see UK try to get to come with him. So not saying he's not a great player or wouldn't want to see him-just saying he's not the lock that some in media have painted due to the fact this isn't a career long relationship where Mark Pope recruited him out of HS and he's played for him entire career.
Yeah I hope they get him. Do you like the Ivy curry guy? I saw them getting some buzz with him today. I’ve seen some say they like him better than Hawkins

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Yeah I hope they get him. Do you like the Ivy curry guy? I saw them getting some buzz with him today. I’ve seen some say they like him better than Hawkins
I don't know much about Ivy Curry at all. I'll have to look at highlights like everyone else but he was recruited by previous staff once he hit the Portal so interesting that he's re-emerged.

Hawkins would be a great backup at a program like Kentucky. Idea of him starting and how he plays? Don't see the fit but UK staff knows more than me about how they want to play. Just shared what I know from watching him and talking with Minnesota Staff and some players within the program about him. Even mentioned we named him "Draft Kings" because you didn't know which Half he was going to help his team play well or the opponent play well and he was master of the "stad pad" assist-where Gophers would be down late and he's driving and dishing to make sure he gets his stats up. He's listed at 5'11--more 5'9 and not a good defender. Streaky shooter.

Robinson is a dude. Right now we need guys who can create offense when a play breaks down, and he is certainly that.

As for him not starting at BYU, apparently he's more comfortable coming off the bench and him and Pope agreed it was the best course of action after he had started previously.
I don’t know why I never picked up on that but now that you mention it I see he started 30 games the season before last. That’s interesting, and I wonder if he would continue to come off the bench at UK.

Pope knows how much NIL we have. He knows Robinson's game well enough to know his value. We have to trust that Coach knows how he fits and how much money is too much.
This…^^^

My guess is that Pope has made his pitch to Robinson. He’s told him how UK can benefit him, how much NIL that he can likely get, and how UK would use him. It’s now up to Robinson to decide if he can live with what Pope/UK is offering or if he wants more NIL or more other guarantees.

I don’t see Pope over extending or over promising (like a prior coach). He wants guys that want to be here.

EXACTLY, which is why Pope is saving at least 2 spots for guys AFTER the NBA deadline. He said that very thing today on KSR. Said they would get to 10/11 guys, save a couple spots for post NBA deadline as several new guys would be available (Robinson I assume being one of them).
I would bet 100$ that one of the spots he's leaving open is in hopes J. Wells opts out of the draft.

I don’t know why I never picked up on that but now that you mention it I see he started 30 games the season before last. That’s interesting, and I wonder if he would continue to come off the bench at UK.
I’d say yes he would.. He I believe was the Big 12 -6th man of the year.

I would bet 100$ that one of the spots he's leaving open is in hopes J. Wells opts out of the draft.
You may be right, but I know ONE of the spots he is saving is for Robinson. There is a reason this is all playing out the way it is. I 90% expect Robinson to be a CAT (10% chance of staying in the draft). It is either NBA or UK. I do think he will like the report he gets from the NBA guys, one of the respected national guys even said "Jaxson Robinson needs more eyes on him, UK is the place for him to get noticed."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT