ADVERTISEMENT

The Official "Coach K is okay with cheating" thread.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
As his last season is upon us, let us not forget that Coach K has been cheating for years by playing ineligible players and covering it up - Maggette (Myron Piggie); Lance Thomas (jewelry scandal); Bagley (Nike perks in high school); Zion (bought and paid for); etc.

Here's the Bomani Jones refresher:

“I do find it interesting though that yes, generally speaking, we are numb about the idea of college players getting paid,” Jones said. “However, are you telling me that if this were John Calipari involved in this same situation that we wouldn’t be here talking about this across the board? ‘Oh man, this doesn’t really matter.’ No. It wouldn’t be ‘All these guys get paid.’ It would be ‘We knew John Calipari paid players.’ That’s the way we do it.”

“I do find it interesting that once it gets to Duke, when Duke decided they wanted to do one-and-done players, it was a change in the times. It wasn’t about distorting what basketball was, this is just what it is now,” Jones said. “So if people were to find out this happened with Duke, we would just say, ‘Oh well, this is just what it is now.'”

Coach K

As his last season is upon us, let us not forget that Coach K has been cheating for years by playing ineligible players and covering it up - Maggette (Myron Piggie); Lance Thomas (jewelry scandal); Bagley (Nike perks in high school); Zion (bought and paid for); etc.

“I do find it interesting though that yes, generally speaking, we are numb about the idea of college players getting paid,” Jones said. “However, are you telling me that if this were John Calipari involved in this same situation that we wouldn’t be here talking about this across the board? ‘Oh man, this doesn’t really matter.’ No. It wouldn’t be ‘All these guys get paid.’ It would be ‘We knew John Calipari paid players.’ That’s the way we do it.”

“I do find it interesting that once it gets to Duke, when Duke decided they wanted to do one-and-done players, it was a change in the times. It wasn’t about distorting what basketball was, this is just what it is now,” Jones said. “So if people were to find out this happened with Duke, we would just say, ‘Oh well, this is just what it is now.'”

Coach K
PREACH Bomani

What really pissed me off was when Duke won it in 2015 and sports media was going "Oh man that Jabrai Parker is just awesome, he went to Duke because he cares about academics!" There were commercials running during the tournament saying that. The man spent just as much time in the classroom as John Wall did.

Yes I know Parker wasn't on the title team, but the narrative that the media was pushing was "Jabari Parker said he chose Duke over Kentucky because he didn't like the 'one and done culture' at Kentucky"

I will bump this thread weekly just to remind any visiting Duke fans that their coach was forced to cheat in order to land elite players.

Reactions: awf and Fox2monk
Dook big men turn SOFT. They all seem to be high energy guys in high school. He teaches them to flop and play cheap. It works well in college because refs look the other way when it comes to dook. THIS doesn’t translate well when they go to the NBA.

Dook big men turn SOFT. They all seem to be high energy guys in high school. He teaches them to flop and play cheap. It works well in college because refs look the other way when it comes to dook. THIS doesn’t translate well when they go to the NBA.
Wasn't Boozer the last big guy out of duke that was actually pretty tough? I can't think of another since really.

NOBmq9e.jpg

It still blows my mind at how many people were consistently saying that Calipari was ruining college basketball with his one-and-done philosophy, then immediately changed course the second players started leaving duke after 1 year.
And Bomani is right, if these things happened at UK with Cal as coach, the NCAA would have a trailer set up right outside his office.

The million dollar home in Colvard Farms that alumni provided for Zion and Bagley's families is not even a secret. The NCAA didn't even bother to investigate it.
There was no need for the NCAA to investigate it. Coach K looked into it and found there was nothing to it . Saved the NCAA a lot of time and money. Now they owe him a favor.

Just a refresher on Duke playing an ineligible player in 1999:

“The standard for that is whether either the institution knew or should have known that Maggette was ineligible, or if Maggette himself knew that -- or should have known that he was ineligible,” said David Price, the NCAA’s vice president for enforcement.

Duke gets away with cheating during Maggette era

• Angry
Reactions: awf and jrpross
Just a refresher on Duke playing an ineligible player in 1999:

“The standard for that is whether either the institution knew or should have known that Maggette was ineligible, or if Maggette himself knew that -- or should have known that he was ineligible,” said David Price, the NCAA’s vice president for enforcement.

Duke gets away with cheating during Maggette era
It's funny how those same rules didn’t apply at UMass or Memphis.
Also, there were a lot of people that knew the AFAM classes were fake and since professors were giving fake grades, that means the university knew.

Coach K
The OAD hypocrisy was spot on. Every UK fan has experienced some rival fan bashing UK for ruining college basketball, 2010-2012 especially. And how everyone shut up about it once K joined in on OAD.

Reactions: chroix and Fox2monk
It's funny how those same rules didn’t apply at UMass or Memphis.
Also, there were a lot of people that knew the AFAM classes were fake and since professors were giving fake grades, that means the university knew.
It's ok...part of the woke crowd.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Aside from having to listen to the non stop ESPN horse shit about the Rat Faced Bastard I am so flipping glad this is his last year in collage basketball. ESPN will try their best to say he decided to step away because of the changes in collage basketball and that he was a pioneer in the game and taught the game at is purest . For my money he has been one of if not the most protected fake and phony coaches of all time in collage basketball .

Wonder if the reason Nike pushes Dook so much is bc Dook coaches will allow Nike people to peddle influence and work on shoe deals with said Dook athletes while they are still at Dook. Doubt Cal is willing to steer his recruits to choose a particular shoe company upon going to the NBA, and that’s why he isn’t getting a lot of these guys.
Seems not to matter, now that NIL allows us to even the playing field a bit. Still, it was perplexing how many guys who SAW the difference between Dook and UK products in the NBA choose Dook over us for 5 years. Lively, I get bc he is just a kid that prefers the private school culture. Zion was not.

Wonder if the reason Nike pushes Dook so much is bc Dook coaches will allow Nike people to peddle influence and work on shoe deals with said Dook athletes while they are still at Dook. Doubt Cal is willing to steer his recruits to choose a particular shoe company upon going to the NBA, and that’s why he isn’t getting a lot of these guys.
Seems not to matter, now that NIL allows us to even the playing field a bit. Still, it was perplexing how many guys who SAW the difference between Dook and UK products in the NBA choose Dook over us for 5 years. Lively, I get bc he is just a kid that prefers the private school culture. Zion was not.
Duke promises these kids better shoe deals in the NBA. That’s what sold Zion.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wasn't Boozer the last big guy out of duke that was actually pretty tough? I can't think of another since really.
boozer was a saint and a scholar, how dare you??? he once made up 13 hours of class at dook during the summer while playing summer ball traveling. then he hosed the cavaliers i think it was when he said he would re-sign, and then went elsewhere.

after i heard this, i actually called dook and tried to enroll in the Sociology program that the players were in. i was told they are not available to the general public. true story.

oh, and Elton Brand says hello!

Sent: Sunday, April 25, 1999 8:05 PM
To: Taylor, Jennifer
Subject: Re: Leaving Duke

Thank you very much, for reminding me of the reason why I left Duke. People like you can not and will not ever understand my situation. I'm sure daddy worked very hard to send your rich self to college. While real people struggle. I would also like to extend an invitation for you not to waste your or my time ever agin. Never being considered a part of your posh group of yuppies really hurts me to the heart. Yeah, right. Because I don't care about you or your alumni.

Sincerely,
Elton Brand #42 NBA

I think there's a universal agreement by the NCAA that K can do no wrong, so his cheating is just swept under a rug. They didn't want to find it, so they never looked for it.

boozer was a saint and a scholar, how dare you??? he once made up 13 hours of class at dook during the summer while playing summer ball traveling. then he hosed the cavaliers i think it was when he said he would re-sign, and then went elsewhere.

after i heard this, i actually called dook and tried to enroll in the Sociology program that the players were in. i was told they are not available to the general public. true story.

oh, and Elton Brand says hello!

Sent: Sunday, April 25, 1999 8:05 PM
To: Taylor, Jennifer
Subject: Re: Leaving Duke

Thank you very much, for reminding me of the reason why I left Duke. People like you can not and will not ever understand my situation. I'm sure daddy worked very hard to send your rich self to college. While real people struggle. I would also like to extend an invitation for you not to waste your or my time ever agin. Never being considered a part of your posh group of yuppies really hurts me to the heart. Yeah, right. Because I don't care about you or your alumni.

Sincerely,
Elton Brand #42 NBA
UNC started doing academic fraud to keep up with duke, They're both the same.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
K brought a rapist like Rasheed Sulaimon to Durham.

He brought a money launderer like Zion.

He brought in an elitist bully like Allen.

Now he's brought in a DUI advocate like Banchero.

Duke has turned into Memphis.

Coach K
Been soon everyone forgot about Duhon, his mother sure got a good ride, job and house.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT