ADVERTISEMENT

The official 2024 Olympics thread.

It was clear from the start ratings would be insane. 2028's ratings will be crazy too. The added controversy (manufactured) probably helped but once folks did their grumble grumble online, they got past it quickly, and all that was left to do was enjoy the past two weeks. We forget that starting 11 months ago people online complained about a world famous singer being shown for a total of probably 82 seconds during an occasional three hour football broadcast too. Some poor souls just have a really negative outlook on everything.

Reactions: JDHoss and GeraldV
I really couldn't care about any statistic comparing US to its peers if it's including our inner cities. Everything from life expectancy to "upward mobility" is being dragged down by them.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Bam/booker/AD so 3 in basketball
They don't count multiple winners on the same team in the medal count. That's what I was going for. How many UK athletes earned towards our overall number. Definitely wouldn't have forgot those 3. To bad Canada didn't medal. That would have been 3 more I believe (1 towards the medal total).
Thanks for posting that. I wonder how we rated compared to all other American universities?

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
It was clear from the start ratings would be insane. 2028's ratings will be crazy too. The added controversy (manufactured) probably helped but once folks did their grumble grumble online, they got past it quickly, and all that was left to do was enjoy the past two weeks. We forget that starting 11 months ago people online complained about a world famous singer being shown for a total of probably 82 seconds during an occasional three hour football broadcast too. Some poor souls just have a really negative outlook on everything.

It’s okay to complain about the complainers that disagree with the Hall Monitor. For everything else, please wait for the HM to provide guidance. Until then, please note that politically liberal complaints and perspectives are generally acceptable. Thank you.

They don't count multiple winners on the same team in the medal count. That's what I was going for. How many UK athletes earned towards our overall number. Definitely wouldn't have forgot those 3. To bad Canada didn't medal. That would have been 3 more I believe (1 towards the medal total).

Thanks for posting that. I wonder how we rated compared to all other American universities?
UK came in tied for 8th for medals. Super impressive considering they struggled to get any only 15-20 years ago.

The NFL still hasn’t recovered from the Kaepernick protests.

//sarcasm
Did Kaepernick ever recover in the NFL???

two men are standing in a kitchen one is wearing a tie

Welp it looks like the "Official Olympic Thread" has gone off the rails and turned into the "Official Political thread". Can't say I am surprised, EVERY thread turns political by some. Jeez, WGAF about this or that, it is supposed to be about who won what medals in SPORTING events.

Probably time to locker her up and move on to the next thread that will eventually go off the rails and people will give their WORLD takes and how things are in THEIR eyes. It is a damn shame you can't just simply stay on topic and talk about the thread contents.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Welp it looks like the "Official Olympic Thread" has gone off the rails and turned into the "Official Political thread". Can't say I am surprised, EVERY thread turns political by some. Jeez, WGAF about this or that, it is supposed to be about who won what medals in SPORTING events.

Probably time to locker her up and move on to the next thread that will eventually go off the rails and people will give their WORLD takes and how things are in THEIR eyes. It is a damn shame you can't just simply stay on topic and talk about the thread contents.

Somehow this board is home to the 20ish most off the rails conservatives I’ve ever encountered. It’s like a rage party that never ends. It’s hilarious to observe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT