ADVERTISEMENT

The official 2024 Olympics thread.

It was clear from the start ratings would be insane. 2028's ratings will be crazy too. The added controversy (manufactured) probably helped but once folks did their grumble grumble online, they got past it quickly, and all that was left to do was enjoy the past two weeks. We forget that starting 11 months ago people online complained about a world famous singer being shown for a total of probably 82 seconds during an occasional three hour football broadcast too. Some poor souls just have a really negative outlook on everything.

Reactions: GeraldV
I really couldn't care about any statistic comparing US to its peers if it's including our inner cities. Everything from life expectancy to "upward mobility" is being dragged down by them.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Bam/booker/AD so 3 in basketball
They don't count multiple winners on the same team in the medal count. That's what I was going for. How many UK athletes earned towards our overall number. Definitely wouldn't have forgot those 3. To bad Canada didn't medal. That would have been 3 more I believe (1 towards the medal total).
Thanks for posting that. I wonder how we rated compared to all other American universities?

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT