ADVERTISEMENT

The official 2024 Olympics thread.

I think we will look back and even though the swimmers had more golds than the Australians it felt disappointing with some of the results and silvers (probably more letdown with the men than women),however, the men’s and women’s track and field performances by the USA were probably as a whole one of the best we’ve ever seen. The depth and talent they showed was incredible.
I kind of felt that way too a bit about the swimming, but we did have 10 more medals than the Aussies. 27-17. Honestly, they are probably more disappointed than us.

Reactions: Wesley91581
I'd love to see which Chinese players or teams couldn't place top10 (anything track and field).. they should add that up.

US is generally in everything. China has its 5 or 6 dominant events and is nothing in everything else.

Lol, didn't see this until today.. but 11 Chinese swimmers tested positive for a banned heart medication, through contaminated food (lol, I always love that line from athletes taking PEDS), and were still allowed to compete and likely take home some medals:

China’s newfound prowess in the pool has not come without significant scrutiny, however, after it emerged that 23 swimmers — including 11 who went to Paris — had tested positive for banned heart medication in 2021 but were still allowed to compete.

China’s doping agency said they had eaten contaminated food, an explanation accepted by the World Anti-Doping Agency, WADA, which did not make the incident public until it was revealed by a New York Times investigation earlier this year.

• Angry
Reactions: Ron Mehico
If the US women lose, and we wind up coming one Gold Medal behind China.. you can make the case that if they just allowed CC to rightfully be on the Olympic team, that the US wouldn't have come in 2nd in gold.

I know, that's a huge stretch and other athletes could have stepped up in their sports.. but at the same time, the pettiness and racism of not letting CC play is all that more silly to me.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Track And Field Swimming GIF by jon hanlan

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Lol, didn't see this until today.. but 11 Chinese swimmers tested positive for a banned heart medication, through contaminated food (lol, I always love that line from athletes taking PEDS), and were still allowed to compete and likely take home some medals:

China’s newfound prowess in the pool has not come without significant scrutiny, however, after it emerged that 23 swimmers — including 11 who went to Paris — had tested positive for banned heart medication in 2021 but were still allowed to compete.

China’s doping agency said they had eaten contaminated food, an explanation accepted by the World Anti-Doping Agency, WADA, which did not make the incident public until it was revealed by a New York Times investigation earlier this year.
No wonder Phelps came out and campaigned for lifetime bans if caught doping.

Reactions: stuway
Disappointed we couldn't get 1 more gold to put China in second. So many blown opportunities where we could have done better. At least we destroyed them and everyone else in total medals. So does anyone know how many the University of Kentucky ended up with? I think we had 6 just in track and field. There were 2 in basketball. One for volleyball. Any others? A pretty good haul.

Disappointed we couldn't get 1 more gold to put China in second. So many blown opportunities where we could have done better. At least we destroyed them and everyone else in total medals. So does anyone know how many the University of Kentucky ended up with? I think we had 6 just in track and field. There were 2 in basketball. One for volleyball. Any others? A pretty good haul.
Bam/booker/AD so 3 in basketball

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Or if that huge c*ck sucker who set a world record and won gold in pole volting who was born and raised in Louisiana and is currently going to LSU actually represented the country he was from instead of Sweden like a giant turncoat DB we would’ve won the gold count as well. If you’re into keeping track of that sort of thing.

Or if that huge c*ck sucker who set a world record and won gold in pole volting who was born and raised in Louisiana and is currently going to LSU actually represented the country he was from instead of Sweden like a giant turncoat DB we would’ve won the gold count as well. If you’re into keeping track of that sort of thing.

Sweden allowed his parents to coach him. The US wouldn’t. Thats why he competed under that flag.

You could also say the same for Embiid. He’s way less American than I am, and I’m Canadian.

Sweden allowed his parents to coach him. The US wouldn’t. Thats why he competed under that flag.

You could also say the same for Embiid. He’s way less American than I am, and I’m Canadian.

As someone who immigrated to the US as a 5 year old I wouldn’t dream of representing anybody other than the US, the country that’s given me all I have. I hope Ed Orgeron gets some Tiger football players to beat him up and shove gumbo up his ass when he comes HOME.

• Love
Reactions: rudd1
As someone who immigrated to the US as a 5 year old I wouldn’t dream of representing anybody other than the US, the country that’s given me all I have. I hope Ed Orgeron gets some Tiger football players to beat him up and shove gumbo up his ass when he comes HOME.

You’ve given yourself all you have. Living here doesn’t magically make one successful. Unless you’re on government handouts, give yourself more credit than that.

-that's absolutely false. There is a reason more people emigrate to the US than anywhere else. Be it a 1st world country (England, the Scandinavian states), 2nd world country (Canada, Ireland) or a 3rd world country (se asia, africa)

-I have no doubt Ron would do as well as anyone anywhere else... but the US is still the best/easiest place to succeed and grow financially.

-that's absolutely false. There is a reason more people emigrate to the US than anywhere else. Be it a 1st world country (England, the Scandinavian states), 2nd world country (Canada, Ireland) or a 3rd world country (se asia, africa)

-I have no doubt Ron would do as well as anyone anywhere else... but the US is still the best/easiest place to succeed and grow financially.

Speak for yourself. I’ve lived in and been successful in three different countries. It’s about the person, not the country.

Also, the reason so many come here is because we let them. Try emigrating to one of the other countries you mentioned. Unless you’re rich or have a connection, good luck.

Last edited:
-why did you leave se asia?
My son had some breathing issues when he was a youngster and the air quality wasn’t the greatest. We stayed for 2 years but he had a few trips to the ER. Decided his health was more important than the money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT