ADVERTISEMENT

The official 2024 Olympics thread.

Here's what happened to that boxer:

-
Total medal count vs. total gold medal count? Which is more important?

I like the point system:
3 for gold
2 for silver
1 for bronze

We’d be up 82-66 over China with this.

I also like the total medals per capita approach too.

Reactions: UK82
I know one thing, I sure hope we get this issue of men competing against women in sports resolved, which apparently is about the absolute no. 1 problem in the world today.

Then maybe the American public and its elected officials can turn their attention to less critical issues like balancing the budget, saving social security and medicare, addressing climate change, defending Europe and Taiwan simultaneously, etc. You know, the other piddly little issues out there.

Some of those test results could present information that the organization sees as private. The IOC should conduct its own scientific tests to protect the athletes.
Exactly. Not to mention they haven't been asked for the results. The IOC wants to use their 8 year old test results. EIGHT years old. A LOT can change in 8 years. Could you imagine the UFC and boxing using 8 year old drug test as admission to compete ? The IOC has a lot lesser qualification standards to be able to compete, they are NOT changing it, thus they use the old testing as admission. Everyone wants to talk about the shady stuff from the IBF, but not the IOC using 8 year old test results and not testing every new Olympic games. There is NO explanation to why they are using the test from 2 Olympic games ago and not testing for THIS games.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
I just can not get into the Olympic golf telecast. The course does nothing for me, the camera is WB / CW level. Player hits a shot into the green, they have ONE camera trying to track the landing of the ball, often 50 yards away from where the ball lands, EVEN if it lands on the green. Just terrible overall experience from play, course, production. I think I am watching a Korn Ferry Tour event at times. Maybe it is just me. Also, three shots, then a commercial or even worse, the split screen "playing thru" BS. 80% commercials / playing thru, 15% actually golf, 5% blah blah blah talking / interviews. See coverage of about 8/10 golfers, and have no FN clue what the other 60/70 guys are doing. I would also like to see the bad shots mixed in with the good ones.

I know one thing, I sure hope we get this issue of men competing against women in sports resolved, which apparently is about the absolute no. 1 problem in the world today.

Then maybe the American public and its elected officials can turn their attention to less critical issues like balancing the budget, saving social security and medicare, addressing climate change, defending Europe and Taiwan simultaneously, etc. You know, the other piddly little issues out there.
Yes, this is a relatively minor issue considering the problems we now face. Add world war, globalist oligarchy control, illegal invasion, massive corruption, the disappearing middle class, and more that are all at critical points.

It's possible to multi-task and begin turning this country around with America first policies. But the same crowd who got us into this crazy clown world will show they really dgaf. Again.

• Haha
Reactions: JDHoss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT