ADVERTISEMENT

The official “I’m here to eat it thread”

Rockfly78

Senior
Nov 20, 2014
Everyone is wrong at times. It’s the nature of message boards and social media to rub each other’s faces in it. I’d dare say it’s even fun. I’m guilty myself. There’s been lots of bad takes on reeves and the like.

I don’t think we have ever had a thread where everyone can come in and lay all their bad takes out for everyone to see. I’ll go first

-I said if we had to rely on Ugo to play more than 10 mins then we are not a tournament team.

- I said if Reed has to play the point he would not score a point.

- I said Edward’s would be our second highest scorer yikes!

- I said Z would never play a second and I even had a solid source on this one

- I think I also said playing 5 out would not increase our ppg average. Wow.

Come on yall. It will be like therapy.

I had posted on two threads yesterday I would eat crow if Cal didn't start Edwards. Now I will preface that before stating emphatically that Cal's history says he would, I did not know that Thiero would be back or that Edwards "supposedly" had some injury issues (which since he did play was Cal b.s.). Nevertheless, Edwards did not start so I was wrong and admit it.

Never thought SGA would blow up as fast as he did.

Didn’t expect CJ to completely meltdown.

I thought Oscar would improve coming back last year, trying to be more of a Patrick Patterson type.

I thought Shaedon Sharpe would play down the stretch in ‘22, especially when we clearly needed him.

I had posted on two threads yesterday I would eat crow if Cal didn't start Edwards. Now I will preface that before stating emphatically that Cal's history says he would, I did not know that Thiero would be back or that Edwards "supposedly" had some injury issues (which since he did play was Cal b.s.). Nevertheless, Edwards did not start so I was wrong and admit it.
There is no injury to Edwards, after the South Carolina game the plan all along was to have a new starting lineup.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Once we got to conference play and Big Z still was ineligible I figured he wouldn’t play this year .

And now technically we are still dealing with him not playing 😒
OK, maybe I have been wrong just once. I thought this too.

And I also thought it didn’t much matter because we wouldn’t be able to work him into the regular rotation even if he did join us this late. But then I changed my mind after I saw his performance in the Georgia game. But then last night it looks like still might not be in Cal’s rotation plans. So I guess we still don’t know on that one….

I'm an optimist. I don't, and never run players under the bus. It's just not in my nature. So I'm not guilty of a lot of player bashing, or any at all, ever. So if anything, maybe I've been too optimistic about some things.

I'll join Aike in my overly optimistic view of Shaedon Sharpe playing. I thought the ole ball coach would finally get him on the floor. well. I was wrong about that.

which brings me to my main issue :

I've ridden cal for a long time around here. Since the NBA draft as the best moment for a Kentucky fan ever comment, he rubbed me the wrong way, and almost always has, every season. So after his repeated failures, about 6 years ago or so, I really doubled down on my anti-Cal rhetoric. I said some scathing things. I even left the board for about a year and a half, 2 years, actually. Not one single post in that time.

I came back a couple years ago. I toned down the Anti_Cal speak. But come to find out, Cal alienated the rest of the fan base all on his own, to where now, most everyone wants him gone. Most everyone seems to be able to see thru his schtick now. He's on very thin ground with BBN as a whole. Sure, there are his supporters to the bitter end. Same was with Tubby and the Superfriends. It's really no different now.

So I give Cal credit for changing the offense arou nd to where at least watching Kentucky is passable. But otherwise, he is still on shaky ground.

And well he should be.

So outside of being too far overboard on criticizing him, which everyone has come around to now, I havent been too far off base, it would seem.

So I will take the hit on saying Cal had me fooled, even as recent as the Sharpe fiasco. But he has done that masterfully well. With most everyone. Until lately, being the last few years. now, I am sad to say, he finally got exposed by his own doing, and the rest of BBN has pretty much had enough of him.

But ok, So i was a little TOO critical, too early of him, maybe ?

but other than that.....

I've been right.

That's a by product, I think, of watching Kentucky basketball for almost 50 years now. Having been here thru thick and thin.

I was here before cal. I will be here after he s gone. Still supporting Kentucky.

Always.

Just remember to view the world with a discerning eye, is all I say. For even I have been duped too many times. And it would appear I am a little more wiser than most.

So good luck.

with Cal as coach, we need all the good luck we can get.

go big blue

I'm an optimist. I don't, and never run players under the bus. It's just not in my nature. So I'm not guilty of a lot of player bashing, or any at all, ever. So if anything, maybe I've been too optimistic about some things.

I'll join Aike in my overly optimistic view of Shaedon Sharpe playing. I thought the ole ball coach would finally get him on the floor. well. I was wrong about that.

which brings me to my main issue :

I've ridden cal for a long time around here. Since the NBA draft as the best moment for a Kentucky fan ever comment, he rubbed me the wrong way, and almost always has, every season. So after his repeated failures, about 6 years ago or so, I really doubled down on my anti-Cal rhetoric. I said some scathing things. I even left the board for about a year and a half, 2 years, actually. Not one single post in that time.

I came back a couple years ago. I toned down the Anti_Cal speak. But come to find out, Cal alienated the rest of the fan base all on his own, to where now, most everyone wants him gone. Most everyone seems to be able to see thru his schtick now. He's on very thin ground with BBN as a whole. Sure, there are his supporters to the bitter end. Same was with Tubby and the Superfriends. It's really no different now.

So I give Cal credit for changing the offense arou nd to where at least watching Kentucky is passable. But otherwise, he is still on shaky ground.

And well he should be.

So outside of being too far overboard on criticizing him, which everyone has come around to now, I havent been too far off base, it would seem.

So I will take the hit on saying Cal had me fooled, even as recent as the Sharpe fiasco. But he has done that masterfully well. With most everyone. Until lately, being the last few years. now, I am sad to say, he finally got exposed by his own doing, and the rest of BBN has pretty much had enough of him.

But ok, So i was a little TOO critical, too early of him, maybe ?

but other than that.....

I've been right.

That's a by product, I think, of watching Kentucky basketball for almost 50 years now. Having been here thru thick and thin.

I was here before cal. I will be here after he s gone. Still supporting Kentucky.

Always.

Just remember to view the world with a discerning eye, is all I say. For even I have been duped too many times. And it would appear I am a little more wiser than most.

So good luck.

with Cal as coach, we need all the good luck we can get.

go big blue
Very well written!

I referred to UGO as a sloth on more than one occasion prior to his return and that he would not be of any help to this team. Have been pleasantly surprised with his play and hope he does play in front of Bradshaw but behind Z (not happening though).

Don’t sell yourself short. It was one game of not starting Edwards. And since Thiero didn’t exactly kill it, I could see Cal try to shove that square peg in a round hole and keep starting him. We will see. Hopefully Cal has bought into his own statement of “I can’t hide you” with Edwards

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
My worst takes in RR history:

1. Demarcus Cousins was going to be a disappointment. He was my favorite player on the team by seasons end.

2. Justin Edwards was going to be this teams “can’t miss” stud freshman. (A LOT of people thought the same)

3. Cal will rule college basketball for as long as he stays at UK (me around 2012 🤮)

Oh I said that NIL would make cal the most dominant coach in the game. I thought it was right up his alley. I didn’t realize he had a shit relationship with our donors

Reactions: Kattopper and BCD
Said Reeves is a volume shooter and not a “gamer” 😔

However, was well ahead of the power curve wanting Joker & Tubby removed (people on this board got ugly defending those two)

Have been saying Stoops is “average”, despite many wanting to build the statue — hope i get to eat crow.

There, i feel better….

Go Cats!

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
We all have been wrong about so many things . No one is perfect in this life. We learn from mistakes. I was wrong on Boston as I thought he would be a great player but he is one of the worst 5*'s ever at UK.

Everyone is wrong at times. It’s the nature of message boards and social media to rub each other’s faces in it. I’d dare say it’s even fun. I’m guilty myself. There’s been lots of bad takes on reeves and the like.

I don’t think we have ever had a thread where everyone can come in and lay all their bad takes out for everyone to see. I’ll go first

-I said if we had to rely on Ugo to play more than 10 mins then we are not a tournament team.

I take personal offense to your first sentence.
Nah, just kidding, good post. I think most people were
wrong about a lot of that and a few other things.
Not saying me, just most people...:)

As long as I stick strictly w/ UK and college basketball my takes are, generally, not embarassing. It's when I venture into the pro realm that I fall off the rails. Among the worst: Terrence jones would be a long-time all-star, and IQ needed another year at UK to develop his handles so he'd be better prepared to run the 1. Thought he'd be a one contract person

Last edited:
Reactions: STL_Cat

We forgive you
200.gif

Reactions: STL_Cat
Said Reeves is a volume shooter and not a “gamer” 😔

However, was well ahead of the power curve wanting Joker & Tubby removed (people on this board got ugly defending those two)

Have been saying Stoops is “average”, despite many wanting to build the statue — hope i get to eat crow.

There, i feel better….

Go Cats!

I don’t think you have anything to worry about on the latter. 😉

I thought Z would go back to Coatia over winter break and not return. Not really because of anything that’s UKs fault, I just didn’t trust the NCAA was going to do the right thing.

Other than that I think my takes on this year’s team are pretty spot on, lol

Last edited:
I honestly thought that KP would do a decent job at UL.
-He had the reputation as a good recruiter and with player development.
-Historically speaking, Calipari’s coaching tree has produced nothing but eventual assistants. However, KP spent about a year and a half under Tom Thibodeau, who is a pretty solid coach.
-I thought Danny Manning and Nolan Smith were going to be solid assistants. Manning spent several seasons as an assistant under Bill Self. Although his head coaching resume wasn’t great, he still had experience as a head coach in the ACC. Nolan Smith spent several seasons under Coach K. Given his age and experience and assistant at a blue blood, I assumed he would be great for recruiting.

After their first exhibition game, I happily ate crow...

i thought BJ boston would be a stud.I haven't trusted my judgement since that time.

I consistently bring nothing to this board, but I will apologize for saying what I think at that present time. It is therapy, and since I’m bipolar, I’m Sorry, Not Sorry!

Long ago I argued Cal/UK would catch UCLA.
I thought Cal would win at least 3 NC’s here and extend our all time wins lead to the extent of being untouchable.
I think the biggest thrill in 2012 wasn't just getting eight. It was knowing that by 2020 we would be ahead of UCLA.

I got that one wrong.

i thought BJ boston would be a stud.I haven't trusted my judgement since that time.
I wasn't sold on Boston. I saw him play a real game and then a couple of highlight vids...he was underwhelming, I thought, for a top 5 recruit. Honestly, felt the same about Justin this year. I didn't catch him in a real game, but his highlight vids I saw were, again for a top 5 recruit, underwhelming.

Why aren't you coaching???

Reactions: grevey35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT