ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting The latest from Tyler Herro

Furious+masturbation+_5b5f5376fb92a63032491f2c7bf832ac.gif

Colonel Angus approves.

He kept #5 who is smaller and quicker in front of him pretty well and challenged his jumpers but dude just made shots. Good offense beats good defense.
Exactly. But the thing I love is that he wanted that challenge defensively. He wanted to guard the other team's best player. You don't see that often with high profile players. Usually you stick your best offensive weapon on the other teams worst player so they don't wear down. #5 didn't guard Herro all game. Herro can obviously fill it up, but you need that killer instinct and taking the challenge to be really special. Seems like he has that.

Damn, those handles at 2:15..I don't think that's something guys like Allen/Jimmer/Kennard could pull off.

Sounds like Herro is primed for a jump in the rankings. What do some of recruiting gurus think of this?

Damn, those handles at 2:15..I don't think that's something guys like Allen/Jimmer/Kennard could pull off.

Sounds like Herro is primed for a jump in the rankings. What do some of recruiting gurus think of this?
Herro is nothing like Kennard or Jimmer. He and Allen are similar as both can really jump and handle the ball. He doesn't seem to be a douche nozel like Allen but thier games are similar and that has zero to do with skin color ( as comparing players due to skin color is absurd).

Herro is nothing like Kennard or Jimmer. He and Allen are similar as both can really jump and handle the ball. He doesn't seem to be a douche nozel like Allen but thier games are similar and that has zero to do with skin color ( as comparing players due to skin color is absurd).

Whether it's right or not, that's how he'll be compared in the media. All four of those guys are dead-eyes (Well maybe not Allen quite as much), and all four would probably struggle with next-level athleticism, speaking primarily of the NBA. The first 3 were sub-par defenders (at best), not sure how Herro would be, maybe someone can fill me in. They are all multi-year players.

Is it such a crime to say that there are sometimes patterns with the way certain players approach the game? Can we just agree that caucasians, for whatever reason, appear to be better shooters? Maybe because they work on it more, IDK.

Whether it's right or not, that's how he'll be compared in the media. All four of those guys are dead-eyes (Well maybe not Allen quite as much), and all four would probably struggle with next-level athleticism, speaking primarily of the NBA. The first 3 were sub-par defenders (at best), not sure how Herro would be, maybe someone can fill me in. They are all multi-year players.

Is it such a crime to say that there are sometimes patterns with the way certain players approach the game? Can we just agree that caucasians, for whatever reason, appear to be better shooters? Maybe because they work on it more, IDK.

I think you'd be more accurate to say that white guys are more singularly shooters, not better shooters. The contribution tree seems more narrow, and I think it's mostly about finding a role that fits your limitations. Not a lot of 6'3 shotblockers, etc.

Reactions: morgousky
Herro has a warriors mentality, he is the type of player that takes you to final fours and championships. Wisconsin is mad as hell that they lost him and i love it. Herro will make his fair amount of shots and hopefully win a title or two, defense is something he will work on and he has the mentality to do it..

I think you'd be more accurate to say that white guys are more singularly shooters, not better shooters. The contribution tree seems more narrow, and I think it's mostly about finding a role that fits your limitations. Not a lot of 6'3 shotblockers, etc.

Herro is more than just a shooter, kid has some Chapman in his game.

Reactions: Dirt Court King
When he gets to Kentucky he is going to be Blue. That is all that concerns me. People who are writing him off because he is white are probably the sons and daughters of the Kentucky fans who did not want Larry Bird here.

Reactions: awf
I was talking about the post I quoted that referenced white players in general.[/QUOT

Don't matter if your black, white, green, from Mars or whatever. If you can play, you will be good. Most of the time it starts between the ears with how good you can be..

Swagger and unafraid. I really like that. Hostile environment and he didn't flinch.

Reactions: awf
Swagger and unafraid. I really like that. Hostile environment and he didn't flinch.

Reactions: JC43
When he gets to Kentucky he is going to be Blue. That is all that concerns me. People who are writing him off because he is white are probably the sons and daughters of the Kentucky fans who did not want Larry Bird here.
Excuse me who didn't want Larry Bird. Never heard that one before.

Reactions: yoshukai
He’ll get demolished defensively, Cal won’t tolerate it, he’ll get benched, and then he’ll transfer to a place like Michigan and be a star.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

I also don’t disagree that he looks really really good offensively.

Kids jumper is textbook. Like a couple of engineers came together and designed his form for him

He’ll get demolished defensively, Cal won’t tolerate it, he’ll get benched, and then he’ll transfer to a place like Michigan and be a star.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

I also don’t disagree that he looks really really good offensively.

Lol.

When Herro is saving our ass early in the year with those daggers, Cal won't have a choice.

Not that he'd do that anyway. Herro was recruited to play and he will.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT