ADVERTISEMENT

The Epitome of a Point Guard!

LmdCat

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Shep plays the position exactly the way it should be played. His first thought isn't about how he can score, but how he can assist someone else. Without him on the floor, the team was in a panic when BAL made their run, but as soon as Shep stepped onto the floor, he brought a sense of calmness to the game by setting up his scorers. He refused to allow BAL to force them to play out of control. He will only get better.

Shep is a steadying influence.

He is light years ahead of most elite Freshman in terms of his bball IQ plus he is a good shooter, passer and defender. He is also fearless while taking the ball to the basket.

Blocks shots all over the place at just 6’3 with his elite timing and leaping ability.

He anticipates passing lanes and snuffs out passes like taking candy from a baby.

4 star my arse

Last edited:
Shep plays the position exactly the way it should be played. His first thought isn't about how he can score, but how he can assist someone else. Without him on the floor, the team was in a panic when BAL made their run, but as soon as Shep stepped onto the floor, he brought a sense of calmness to the game by setting up his scorers. He refused to allow BAL to force them to play out of control. He will only get better.
I agree.

Reactions: ck-2
Excellent post that I truly can agree with.

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
I must say, I've been cautious on expectations for Reed, but he's been incredible. Shooting it pretty good now after the first game, but the passing, steals, and my oh my how is he blocking all those jump shots?! I'm sure Jeff and Stacey were ecstatic with his performance.

Shep is a steadying influence.

He is light years ahead of most elite Freshman in terms of his bball IQ plus he is a good shooter, passer and defender. He is also fearless while taking the ball to the basket.

Blocks shots all over the place at just 6’3 with his elite timing and leaping ability.

He anticipates passing lanes and snuffs out passes like taking candy from a baby.

4 star my arse
One of your best and most accurate posts. 👍👍

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Shep is heady, under control, has great anticipation, and he busts his ass playing hard. Blocking shots on perimeter multiple times. Kid busts his ass, and I absolutely love watching
The deflections, steals, and blocks recorded by Shep isn't by chance. Shep appears to know the opposing team's offense better than they do. The kid doesn't just play the game physically; he plays it mentally as well.

When Jeff was interviewed, he said you have to bring value to the team. He didn't say bring value to yourself. This is why Shep plays the way he does and why he stated on Thursday that he is always looking to pass first.

Shep is heady, under control, has great anticipation, and he busts his ass playing hard. Blocking shots on perimeter multiple times. Kid busts his ass, and I absolutely love watching
The other thing he does extremely well is his change-in-speed. This is what Dillingham certainly needs to start doing.

Last edited:
This kind of reminds me of how Herro was lower ranked than some of the other guys in that 2018 class and came out in the Bahamas and outplayed the other recruits.

He was great. Also, want to point out that our center led us in rebounds AND assists. Lots of good things to say about the players in these 3 games.

Reactions: LmdCat
^this... excellent post!!!

How much NIL money will that kid make at Kentucky? Might have a few million reasons to stick around chasing rings.
I hope you're right. My other thought was that his parents might really want him to finish a degree. Looking at his father's life and how it turned out not that it was bad, but I think they would want him to have that degree and be covered for the long haul.

He was very good today. But it might be a bit premature to say he's the epitome of a point guard.
I will celebrate these players for their performance game by game. If that doesn't work for you, I get it and respect your decision.

Reactions: storm1507
He reminds me of Austin Reeves for Lakers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT