ADVERTISEMENT

The call from last night if anyone missed it.

I understand passion, and it's unlikely anyone would like to see Calipari leave Lexington more than me. Never wanted him there in the first place because of who he is and what he "brings" to college athletics. But invoking granddaddy and playing the "what do I tell my kids?" card while your voice cracks is absolutely embarrassing. If you have raised your children such that the center of their world is a college basketball program, then you have absolutely failed as a parent. The fact that your voice cracks while discussing UK basketball tells me you didn't have your azz beat enough when you were younger. Toughen up.

When you have a pair of testicles that kind of behavior is pathetic. Dude was basically on the verge of tears because Cal has ruined his life.

Cal is not the answer for UK basketball. And as someone with a 3-year old son, I get what he said about not being able to pass the tradition on right now because the program is so putrid. And yeah that does suck. But it ain’t the end of the damn world. Some people really do need to get a life.

I don’t like Matt Jones but he would have clowned that dude, and rightly so.
Personally I think it sounds like you’re the one that doesn’t have testicles. You’re trying to sound tough and manly on a message board and acting like you know the “man” way to be. You’re clearly a “fanatic” too or you wouldn’t be posting on this board. So just because you don’t have the balls to speak up like that, doesn’t mean he should be vilified for making a valid, passionate point.

Now, go take a trap flexed selfie and lie to yourself again.

I understand passion, and it's unlikely anyone would like to see Calipari leave Lexington more than me. Never wanted him there in the first place because of who he is and what he "brings" to college athletics. But invoking granddaddy and playing the "what do I tell my kids?" card while your voice cracks is absolutely embarrassing. If you have raised your children such that the center of their world is a college basketball program, then you have absolutely failed as a parent. The fact that your voice cracks while discussing UK basketball tells me you didn't have your azz beat enough when you were younger. Toughen up.

Some people have no lives and live vicariously through their sports teams. The movie Fever Pitch with Jimmy Fallon shows some of the stupidity these people go through. Most of us understand all of this is just a game and is mindless entertainment that has no teal impact on our lives beyond that. And then you have the other type.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Amen. Anyone calling that fan out is the problem with society today.
I understand passion. But there is another word called "perspective." When a grown adult starts crying on the radio over a college basketball team he never suited up for, then maybe he needs to dig out Webster's dictionary to and look up "perspective." Adult parents acting like 1st graders is a problem with society today. Toughen up.

I understand passion. But there is another word called "perspective." When a grown adult starts crying on the radio over a college basketball team he never suited up for, then maybe he needs to dig out Webster's dictionary to and look up "perspective." Adult parents acting like 1st graders is a problem with society today. Toughen up.
I didn’t hear crying. I do, however see hypocritical comments like this one whining about what he did. I’ve never once called into a radio show nor do I listen to it. Hell I barely even watch the games anymore, but in terms of things that don’t truly matter in life, (sports) there is nothing wrong with being passionate and frustrated and displaying that publicly in a situation like that to where it gets people talking.

I don’t think you realize that it’s ok to be passionate about something that really doesn’t matter. If anything, it’s an escape from the things that do

• Haha
Reactions: Myth Buster51
If you’re screaming in anguish on a phone call like that, chances are the Ws and Ls of your team is where you base your identity and self esteem.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT