ADVERTISEMENT

The call from last night if anyone missed it.

Nobody wants Cal gone more than me. Nobody. I wanted him gone years ago.

But that call is an embarrassment. A grown man throwing a temper tantrum on live radio.
Most things associated with sports are embarrassing. What are you talking about? Ok, let's start with coach's salaries, fans spending money they don't really have on tickets, grown people worshiping kids, etc. So, when did fans start worrying about embarrassing things associated with sports?

Most things associated with sports are embarrassing. What are you talking about? Ok, let's start with coach's salaries, fans spending money they don't really have on tickets, grown people worshiping kids, etc. So, when did fans start worrying about embarrassing things associated with sports?

When you have a pair of testicles that kind of behavior is pathetic. Dude was basically on the verge of tears because Cal has ruined his life.

Cal is not the answer for UK basketball. And as someone with a 3-year old son, I get what he said about not being able to pass the tradition on right now because the program is so putrid. And yeah that does suck. But it ain’t the end of the damn world. Some people really do need to get a life.

I don’t like Matt Jones but he would have clowned that dude, and rightly so.

Nobody wants Cal gone more than me. Nobody. I wanted him gone years ago.

But that call is an embarrassment. A grown man throwing a temper tantrum on live radio.
That’s a temper tantrum to you? Lol. He didn’t cuss. He didn’t threaten anyone.

I’ve heard football coaches say worse on fumbles.

So coaches and players can be passionate. But fans? That’s a step too far.

Again. Society has gone soft as hell.

When you have a pair of testicles that kind of behavior is pathetic. Dude was basically on the verge of tears because Cal has ruined his life.

Cal is not the answer for UK basketball. And as someone with a 3-year old son, I get what he said about not being able to pass the tradition on right now because the program is so putrid. And yeah that does suck. But it ain’t the end of the damn world. Some people really do need to get a life.

So if he had overlies it’s ok? Sexist much? With all due respect, Get lost.

And Matt would not have clowned him. Matt takes showers in the middle of tough games. He gets what it means to be a passionate fan.

Reactions: Fox2monk and thepip
That’s a temper tantrum to you? Lol. He didn’t cuss. He didn’t threaten anyone.

I’ve heard football coaches say worse on fumbles.

So coaches and players can be passionate. But fans? That’s a step too far.

Again. Society has gone soft as hell.

His freaking voice was cracking dude. LMFAO.

I think it’s hilarious you’re saying society is soft (it is, by the way) but defending that caller. That caller is an example of soft.

Losing a game where we were underdogs to a top 5 team. 1.5 point underdogs, 2 points down with 4:30 to play. Don’t think pride in a jersey was the reason we couldn’t throw it in the ocean from a boat.

Honest question for those upset. You think Cal stinks, you’ve watched how bad we’ve been offensively, you knew we were playing a great team. Did you expect us to win with that combination? The reaction strength would suggest so, but if you just listened to your own negativity you would’ve seen yesterday coming and been less bothered.

So if he had overlies it’s ok? Sexist much? With all due respect, Get lost.

And Matt would not have clowned him. Matt takes showers in the middle of tough games. He gets what it means to be a passionate fan.

Lol now here we go with the sexism accusations. Whose soft now? What a hypocrite you are. Yes, men are men and women are women. Not gonna apologize for it.

I think it’s hilarious you’re saying society is soft (it is, by the way) but defending that caller. That caller is an example of soft.
Are you suggesting that he is as soft as the lips you have glued to Cal's butt? You are just another poorly disguised Cal worshiper who isn't willing to admit it, so you take a jab at a fan who has had enough. He probably has more courage than you will have in a lifetime.

Last edited:
Lol now here we go with the sexism accusations. Who’s soft now? What a hypocrite you are. Yes, men are men and women are women. Not gonna apologize for it.
You are. Your very first sentence questioning his man hood. Calling out bullshit is NOT soft. I just simply called yours out. You literally said “when you have a pair of testicles”. I mean come on.

I’m a hypocrite for that. Oh thank God. Maybe I’ll finally fit in with the rest of this society.

Losing a game where we were underdogs to a top 5 team. 1.5 point underdogs, 2 points down with 4:30 to play. Don’t think pride in a jersey was the reason we couldn’t throw it in the ocean from a boat.

Honest question for those upset. You think Cal stinks, you’ve watched how bad we’ve been offensively, you knew we were playing a great team. Did you expect us to win with that combination? The reaction strength would suggest so, but if you just listened to your own negativity you would’ve seen yesterday coming and been less bothered.
Top 5 where? It's convenient to score post @ 4:30 bc it was a time we looked best. You play to the final horn and we didn't score for the REMAINDER of the game. Aside from that the average UCLA lead was well above 2 points bc they lead comfortably throughout.
This team has Cal's identity- Lost as an Easter Egg 🥚.

Top 5 where? It's convenient to score post @ 4:30 bc it was a time we looked best. You play to the final horn and we didn't score for the REMAINDER of the game. Aside from that the average UCLA lead was well above 2 points bc they lead comfortably throughout.
This team has Cal's identity- Lost as an Easter Egg 🥚.
Average lead was 6. UCLA: Kenpom 3, Sagarin 4, Bart Torvik 2. I’m sure almost any other analytical ranking you’ll find will show as much. Also the AP poll tomorrow they will be right there.

Telling someone to “get a life” when you have over 1400 posts on a message board is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black. [laughing]

Last edited by a moderator:

I strongly disagree . Caller was the exact opposite of soft . its called a deep passionate love for something that is destroyed before your very eyes .

Listened to post game while walking the pup this morning. The call was funny IMHO. I don't know that the guy is soft or a hard a** but what a driveling call.

I am as passionate a UK fan as any, but dude needs some perspective if a college BB team nearly brings him to tears...JMHO.

Not my business though, everyone can have their own feelings so if you feel like the caller please don't take my take as an insult...it isn't intended to be.

My favorite memories with my Papa is listening to UK games on the radio. He is the reason I am a UK fan today. The UK basketball I grew up loving is no more. There isn't much I want more than to have those memories with my son. Cal has made it hard to do so. We as fans can't get to know the players because of the revolving door. I know, that is not 100% on Cal, but he put gas on that fire. Watching the games I do not see the passion from the players. UK is know just a step on the stairs to these players.

Telling someone to “get a life” when you have over 1400 posts on a message board is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black. [laughing]

You have more than me in the same amount of time. Does that mean you have no life?

I’m sorry…I didn’t hear a temper tantrum
I heard a passionate fan who is as angry and heartbroken as the rest of us
And he was a helluva lot kinder about it than we are on this board

Agree to disagree I guess. I’m just as angry as the caller. But heartbroken? Nah… that’s reserved for like a divorce or a death of a family member or friend. I love UK basketball, but good gracious, life goes on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT