ADVERTISEMENT

The Brooks’ situation

Just saying what I’ve heard. Maybe finishing the semester.
I need to get out my can of Troll Be Gone.

Cal would know if Brooks was considering transferring. He’s repeatedly said the team needs to get Brooks back on the floor as soon as possible. He wouldn’t be saying anything like this if Brooks was going to transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
I have questioned my best source on Brooks and he has no clue. This friend of mine used to be extremely close with Cals staff, now just somewhat connected; not nearly as much; but still does talk to one guy a bit. But as I said, he has no clue on Brooks. Told me he assumed it was grades. Just assumption on his part.
Throw it at the wall........hoping it sticks........might as well say you are passing around rumors.......that is what "assumptions" really are.....

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
I need to get out my can of Troll Be Gone.

Cal would know if Brooks was considering transferring. He’s repeatedly said the team needs to get Brooks back on the floor as soon as possible. He wouldn’t be saying anything like this if Brooks was going to transfer.
Lol. If I was trolling(like some of your own) I wouldn’t have said it that way.

I don't know why you wouldn't, I think Keion can be a solid college player. The problem is, he thought he was a OAD player, he's not. He is the perfect example of a kid that probably needs 3 to 4 years of college. But we all know that won't happen. Staying a second year (or more) is trending toward failure in Cal's OAD program. He'll leave after this year (if not before) and probably be a career overseas player if I had to guess.
Daddy got in his head.

The truth is well guarded on any injury our players have or may not have .. There could be a long list of misinformation and no information. I just gave up . JV , PJs foot , now KB .. its just insanity. I love the " you dont deserve to know type " responses .. and that is partially correct .. but dont blow smoke up my rear with lies .. just state " we are not commenting "

The truth is well guarded on any injury our players have or may not have .. There could be a long list of misinformation and no information. I just gave up . JV , PJs foot , now KB .. its just insanity. I love the " you dont deserve to know type " responses .. and that is partially correct .. but dont blow smoke up my rear with lies .. just state " we are not commenting "
Believe it or not......but......HEPA laws do have something to do with secrecy on injuries....

Believe it or not......but......HEPA laws do have something to do with secrecy on injuries....

Its HIPA and I'm a pharmacist .. I seriously doubt any UK athlete objects to their knee contusion or sprained ankle being discussed . Its done all the time. At most places but UK . And you can openly state , with candor , when an athlete will be back in the lineup . If you say we have gotten that from our hoops team you are either uniformed or a liar.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
By all accounts Keion and his mom were sold on IU 100% but Cal got to pops and assured him he'd be a lottery pick in 2020 if he went to UK. That obviously didn't happen.

I have questioned my best source on Brooks and he has no clue. This friend of mine used to be extremely close with Cals staff, now just somewhat connected; not nearly as much; but still does talk to one guy a bit. But as I said, he has no clue on Brooks. Told me he assumed it was grades. Just assumption on his part.

We know that is not the case, Cal himself said so last week, he had well over a 3.0+ GPA. He's sitting out on his own accord, one could speculate many reasons why, though it has nothing to do with his grades.

Except for a one day Pro Day recovery with an immediate relapse to follow.
That's been my bitch all along. How you gonna participate in freakin pro day activities and then miss the first half of the season?
Some will say he reaggravated the injury. Well then, sounds to me like they made a HUGE mistake allowing him to do the pro day. If this isn't acknowledged then the program really has become an NBA affiliate. UK obligations should come first or you shouldn't be here.

That's been my bitch all along. How you gonna participate in freakin pro day activities and then miss the first half of the season?
Some will say he reaggravated the injury. Well then, sounds to me like they made a HUGE mistake allowing him to do the pro day. If this isn't acknowledged then the program really has become an NBA affiliate. UK obligations should come first or you shouldn't be here.

I think there's zero chance this has anything to do with an injury, it's his choice and reasoning, who knows why. Remember, he's warmed up and put on dunk highlights and such well after pro day.

Its HIPA and I'm a pharmacist .. I seriously doubt any UK athlete objects to their knee contusion or sprained ankle being discussed . Its done all the time. At most places but UK . And you can openly state , with candor , when an athlete will be back in the lineup . If you say we have gotten that from our hoops team you are either uniformed or a liar.
Thank you for the clarification......they could say more but the coach doesn't...........he isn't going to change that..........

Reactions: KyFaninNC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT