ADVERTISEMENT

The big update is... "we don't have any updates" yet

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
I get that its their job to provide content, but why can't the sites just provide it when they have it rather than saying it's coming when they have nothing. We all know the news is coming. Even kybass knows that...

See all of these "update" stories and then it's all the same speculation with a few more speculations added. I appreciate that Rivals doesn't spew stuff just for clicks. Some sites don't verify and don't want to most likely because they classify themselves not as journalists but as "entertainment."

That's fine if you can live with it, I guess. Just goes to show there's not much real difference between ESPN, ksr, and the info we can all guess at on message boards.

There are some of these media guys that just scour through everyone else's content and then try to pawn it off as their own! If you say it enough days then you will finally be right.
If Matt actually knew, he would have leaked it out about as soon as he heard.

As has been proven multiple times now, KSR's info comes from on here. If we don't know it yet, neither do they.

Also, even when he has access to info, he still gets it wrong. He keeps reporting that 2 of assistant coach postings expire tomorrow and the other 3 expire Saturday. That is completely incorrect and can be easily fact-checked on UK's hiring portal.

The 3 assistant coach job postings expire today. The 2 associate coach positions expire Sunday.

Last edited:
I get that its their job to provide content, but why can't the sites just provide it when they have it rather than saying it's coming when they have nothing. We all know the news is coming. Even kybass knows that...

See all of these "update" stories and then it's all the same speculation with a few more speculations added. I appreciate that Rivals doesn't spew stuff just for clicks. Some sites don't verify and don't want to most likely because they classify themselves not as journalists but as "entertainment."

That's fine if you can live with it, I guess. Just goes to show there's not much real difference between ESPN, ksr, and the info we can all guess at on message boards.
They do it to keep us all hooked

Everyone knew who the new coach would be.....NOT! All these experts on the internet should be ignored. When something happens like Chandler than people know. Otherwise, it is all b.s.

I was one of the first people last week that posted about wanting someone like MPope that I remember, but I wasn't predicting it by any stretch. That it turned out to be him was a great surprise. I'm sure there were others tho

Reactions: BBUK
OGC.d358359b4664db5b24caff50aaa216b2

Can't shower if there's no rain.

My opinion is they got wind that we had some pieces set (which recruits have confirmed assistants are reaching out) and assumed it would come out today….. and then they realized it were told they still had time to wait of the state mandatory job posting period

Matt Jones said that they know about half the roster already but they just haven’t came out to the public with it yet.

Reactions: chroix
I use to think Jack Pilgram was the best.

But he along with all the “sources” media around the program keep saying “big news coming”

Lol they don’t know anymore than we do.

Reactions: chroix
Matt Jones said that they know about half the roster already but they just haven’t came out to the public with it yet.
Didn't he also say we would know one way or the other about the big name coach on Tuesday? I am pretty sure I heard him say that if they announced we would know and if they didn't then it meant we didn't get them and he would say who it was.

There’s no way Pope doesnt have about half of the roster filled out. They’re not saying it because he wants to have a good offseason and Calipari is bitter at the program and wants to ruin what he can. He’s a bad dude always has been. Pope is being smart because he is. I can’t wait to see this guy playing 4D chess while Calipari throws checkers all over the room.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT