ADVERTISEMENT

Pope may take a nap tomorrow 💤…

Mar 30, 2024
…maybe he’ll eat dinner with his family. But probably not. I imagine we’ll be primarily looking for scorers that withdraw from the draft at this point. Probably another SF/PF. But the staff has got to be breathing a lot easier with 9 guys now on the roster. As it sits (not done yet), we might not have a team comparable to Kansas/UCONN next year, but we’ve done a very nice job securing a solid roster in a very short period of time. We’ll be extremely competitive next year if nothing else…and who knows what the coming days/weeks will hold. We probably are already a top 20 type of team right now. Love the focus on defense and shooting.

Last edited:
Nap, and then push for the '25 and '26 recruits while getting us some '24-'25 bench pieces. He will have time to sleep in 10 years (the shelf life for this job).

…maybe he’ll eat dinner with his family. I imagine we’ll be primarily looking for scorers that withdraw from the draft at this point. Maybe take a flyer on a big guy. But the staff has got to be breathing a lot easier with 9 guys now on the roster. As it sits (not done yet), we might not have a team comparable to Kansas/UCONN next year, but we’ve done a very nice job securing a solid roster in a very short period of time. We’ll be extremely competitive next year if nothing else…and who knows, what the coming days/weeks will hold. We probably are already a top 15 type of team right now.
Good post!

@BGWentworth is Kansas still on probation? I don't keep up with other programs much and they've vacated so many wins it's hard to keep track. I assume you'll be able to answer that better than me.

I bet Pope is having the time of his life building a team with unlimited resources and tradition!!

If he decides to take a day off, I won’t be mad tho! 😂 As long as the other coaches continue to do work!! 😉
I can only imagine the conversations he’s having with his wife. “Listen honey, I promise we’ll be able to start house shopping in June.” “I know I haven’t hardly seen the girls, but it will be better in a couple of weeks”.

• Haha
Reactions: ThrowBackCat9
@BGWentworth is Kansas still on probation? I don't keep up with other programs much and they've vacated so many wins it's hard to keep track. I assume you'll be able to answer that better than me.
I’m sorry mentioning “Kansas” triggers you so much. I’ll let you go to the Google machine to answer your question.

I can only imagine the conversations he’s having with his wife. “Listen honey, I promise we’ll be able to start house shopping in June.” “I know I haven’t hardly seen the girls, but it will be better in a couple of weeks”.

I’d say she’s very aware of how things would be but this is hilarious!! 😂 My wife would definitely have something to say!

Reactions: cat tat2
…maybe he’ll eat dinner with his family. But probably not. I imagine we’ll be primarily looking for scorers that withdraw from the draft at this point. Probably another SF/PF. But the staff has got to be breathing a lot easier with 9 guys now on the roster. As it sits (not done yet), we might not have a team comparable to Kansas/UCONN next year, but we’ve done a very nice job securing a solid roster in a very short period of time. We’ll be extremely competitive next year if nothing else…and who knows what the coming days/weeks will hold. We probably are already a top 15 type of team right now. Love the focus on defense and shooting.
I don’t think anyone should expect UConn or Kansas level results. They have proven guys at this level that have been there a couple years too. I like where we are headed no doubt but raising expectations to 2x’s defending champs isn’t gonna help things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT