ADVERTISEMENT

The Bengals

I can’t wait to see Burrow in orange and black. Bengals certainly have a lot of other needs, but I think he’s going to do really well in Cincinnati. I don’t expect the Bengals to make the playoffs or anything next year but brighter days are ahead (hopefully).

One player for the Bengals would be like trying to piss on a forest fire. I really like Burrow but there isn't enough band aids to stop all the bleeding in Cincinnati. It starts with incompetent management.
That’s certainly true, but the Bengals did make the playoffs 5 straight years with this management. In my perfect fantasy world, the Bengals draft Stenberg in the 2/3 round, move Cordy Glenn to RT and then sign Danny Trevathan. Those moves and a potentially healthy AJ Green would make for a much different looking Bengals. Certainly a lot has to go right in that scenario.

That’s certainly true, but the Bengals did make the playoffs 5 straight years with this management. In my perfect fantasy world, the Bengals draft Stenberg in the 2/3 round, move Cordy Glenn to RT and then sign Danny Trevathan. Those moves and a potentially healthy AJ Green would make for a much different looking Bengals. Certainly a lot has to go right in that scenario.
I agree.

MUST get a better O-Line for Mr Burrow!!! This kid is from Ohio, has all of the tools and is a film room geek to boot. He has the biggest upside of ANY QB I've seen come into the league in quite a while.

This is a GIFT for the Bengals, I just hope Mike Brown doesn't screw it up!!

I have never seen a team do this before, but I wish they'd over reach for offensive players. Usually teams try for "just enough" in hopes that everything works out.

-Cincy's OL was 26th in run block, 9th in pass pro.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

-Cincy is likely going to be right in the middle of the league when it comes to cap space this yr. It would be great if they picked up some good FA OL's before the draft.......then go into the draft and deliberately offensive players. Granted they could use some defensive prospects, but if the QB can't develop then who cares how good your defense is.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
The Bengals will need to either sign a RT in free agency(won’t happen) or draft one at the top of the 2nd round to replace Bobby Hart so that Burrow doesn’t die in his first year. I may get flamed for this, but Mekhi Becton from Louisville is a damn good player that I would like to see the Bengals take if he’s there at 33

Last edited:
...but didn't win a single play-off game. They are light years from competing for a championship.

...but didn't win a single play-off game. They are light years from competing for a championship.
I know they didn’t win a playoff game, but the organization allowed for those teams to be assembled and they were really good teams. Having a QB changes your organization. Where were the Saints before Brees? Where were the Colts before Manning? I’m not saying Burrow will have the career those 2 had, but it just shows that bad organizations can still win if you get the right QB.

There is a 37 page thread titled "Offical Joe Burrow/NCG Thread" on the Bengals board. Fans are jacked.

Bengals will take a FG kicker #1.

Last edited:
Reactions: TM2013
The Burrow era is upon us boys!!!

cfe.gif

Correct me, but didn’t the Bengals change management (coaches, etc)? I didn’t think the new guys were able to sustain the “success” of the Lewis years.

This was Zac Taylors first season. Our #1 pick sat out all season to heal. AJ Green has sat all season due to injury and what looks to be contract angling, he'll be franchise tagged. I think his tune will change with Joe throwing to him.

Bengals secondary has aged. OL needs to get upgrades at tackle. Get Joe and address those 2 units this draft and its a whole different ballgame.

Bengals suck....always will. Y'all in central to northern ky would be happier rooting for the Titans like we western ky folks.
Burrow better pray the Bengals trade his pick to another team, the bungals will waste him...much like Cleveland did Couch

This was Zac Taylors first season. Our #1 pick sat out all season to heal. AJ Green has sat all season due to injury and what looks to be contract angling, he'll be franchise tagged. I think his tune will change with Joe throwing to him.

Bengals secondary has aged. OL needs to get upgrades at tackle. Get Joe and address those 2 units this draft and its a whole different ballgame.
Need some linebackers. Have needed some for years.

I hope Bengals go with Burrow, and then get a LB in the 2nd around, OL 3rd round.

That said, if LSU WR Jefferson makes it to the 2nd round.....do you take him with the 1st pick of the 2nd round? I would. Especially if we can make some moves via free agency with some experienced LBers, and OL.

Also question - if Glenn would be RT, are we playing Jonah Williams at LT?

I would sit him all year to learn. Take your lumps again and draft at the top for second year.
It’s not a bad idea. It’s possible Dalton comes back I suppose, but my guess is that the Bengals may try to make a trade for some extra picks. Could probably get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Dalton, IMO. Maybe 4th.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I hope Bengals go with Burrow, and then get a LB in the 2nd around, OL 3rd round.

That said, if LSU WR Jefferson makes it to the 2nd round.....do you take him with the 1st pick of the 2nd round? I would. Especially if we can make some moves via free agency with some experienced LBers, and OL.

Also question - if Glenn would be RT, are we playing Jonah Williams at LT?
Williams would be playing LT. That was the original plan and they were thinking of Glenn at guard. I’d prefer RT but either is ok. I think RT is better because a good guard like Stenberg might be available in the 3rd round.

I’d be all for taking Jefferson in round 2. The more talent at the skill positions the better. AJ Green won’t be around for very much longer. I’d love to surround Burrow with as many weapons as possible. The defense has some pieces still that are good, but huge weakness at LB. I’d rather address that in free agency because it’d be cheaper. We both know the Bengals likely won’t be super active in free agency but that’s how I’d approach it.

Williams would be playing LT. That was the original plan and they were thinking of Glenn at guard. I’d prefer RT but either is ok. I think RT is better because a good guard like Stenberg might be available in the 3rd round.

I’d be all for taking Jefferson in round 2. The more talent at the skill positions the better. AJ Green won’t be around for very much longer. I’d love to surround Burrow with as many weapons as possible. The defense has some pieces still that are good, but huge weakness at LB. I’d rather address that in free agency because it’d be cheaper. We both know the Bengals likely won’t be super active in free agency but that’s how I’d approach it.
Agreed. Wish they’d hit free agency for at least 1 LB, maybe 2, and then draft 1. But like you mentioned, Bengals likely wont be too active in free agency.

I’d also draft another OL in Rounds 2-4 at least.

Hoping it’s Burrow, then 2 OL, 1-2 WR, 1 DB, 2 LB (2 WR if they can make a trade and get an extra pick).

Always remind yourself who owns the Bengals. They could get Brady in his prime and screw it up. Its not a one great player fix. Burrow is good but the organization as a whole is flawed and it has always started from ownership. Until the Brown family sells the team to someone who can change the culture from the ground up its going to be more of the same.

Always remind yourself who owns the Bengals. They could get Brady in his prime and screw it up. Its not a one great player fix. Burrow is good but the organization as a whole is flawed and it has always started from ownership. Until the Brown family sells the team to someone who can change the culture from the ground up its going to be more of the same.

Totally agree, but having a franchise QB from the state is a good way to start a rebuild. Just wish they’d spend some money to shore up the OL.

The Bengals will need to either sign a RT in free agency(won’t happen) or draft one at the top of the 2nd round to replace Bobby Hart so that Burrow doesn’t die in his first year. I may get flamed for this, but Mekhi Becton from Louisville is a damn good player that I would like to see the Bengals take if he’s there at 33
have the Bengals ever signed a high rated free agent? ever?

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
Guys, I hate to burst your bubbles but Cincinnati will trade down. Not because it’s a good move, which it probably is because they have SO MANY HOLES, but because Mikey boy is too cheap to pay a number 1 pick and stupid. They will trade down for about 3 picks, 2 of which they will screw up and Bengal fans will be shaking their heads again.

Burrow can never live up to the hype that has built.....

The Bengals should trade that pick if they can get a Herschel Walker/Ricky Williams type deal.

Ask for 3 first, 3 second and 4 third round picks.... Go crazy, someone might bite....

Not really as far as you say. Any team in the NFL is four or five great players that know how to win games away from being a contender. If they’ll put the right pieces around Joe and get a couple great players to go with him they be hard to be. He’s the real deal.

Remember when Aikman went to Dallas? The Bengals are as close to winning as the Cowboys were then. Sometimes a special player can turn it around. Of course this is all yet to be seen, but they have potential.

Guys, I hate to burst your bubbles but Cincinnati will trade down. Not because it’s a good move, which it probably is because they have SO MANY HOLES, but because Mikey boy is too cheap to pay a number 1 pick and stupid. They will trade down for about 3 picks, 2 of which they will screw up and Bengal fans will be shaking their heads again.
No way. Not with Taylor as the head coach. Burrow will be the pick. The Bengals have supposedly reached out to him about playing in the Senior Bowl (likely asked him if he would consider not playing).

Adding Burrow, Jonah Williams, and AJ Green to the team is a huge step in the right direction. If I’m the Bengals I’d spend the rest of the draft trying to upgrade the defense. Finish the OL in free agency.

Reactions: WildcatDJ and TNTUK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT