ADVERTISEMENT

Titans/ Coen talk

Didn't Coen promise Stoops 2 years? I think Coen knows the NFL hasn't a lot of long term future....
Probably did but I’d say Stoops promised LC some things as well.

My educated guess is LC was promised the reigns of the offense and the Head Coach couldn’t stay out of it. 50 plays a game is not what LC signed up for and that is on the Head Coach!

Promises go both ways AND with Stoops running his OCs out of town (this is OC #6 I believe) Stoops needs to stay the F*%# out of the offense!

Reactions: catben
Kind of strange to me, there are 30 better college offenses than us but the pro people pass on most all the way down to Kentucky?
The most prolific college offenses are some version of spread/air raid offense.

We are one of the few college teams who run pro style offense.

Pro teams aren't playing spread, and we shouldn't be playing pro style offense.

If Coen leaves, Stoops needs to ditch the pro style offense and hire the most prolific college offensive guru he can find and hire.

Last edited:
A message is MOST DEFINITELY being sent by Coen with all of these potential job opportunities being made public by him and his agent. I am hopeful that Coach Stoops will FINALLY allow his OC to do the job he is more than capable of doing WITHOUT being controlled.

These contacts are being made BEHIND the scenes all the time, but RARELY go public unless there are other reasons for it. Either Stoops does what Coen wants or he will be looking for another OC after 1 season AGAIN.

It REALLY makes me not like what Coach Stoops has done with his OC's, this just confirms the fact that he is FORCING his OC's to slow the game down and run the football more than what they would like. Like @RDF922 stated above, NO OC wants to run ONLY 50 plays a FREAKIN game!!!

Even if he doesn't get these jobs, he might be a candidate to replace Bengals OC, or the guy he hires to take Titans job.

If Coen leaves, rather than go for another pro coach, I would first look to find someone who worked with Kiffin or Lincoln Riley, they seem to be doing something right on offense, to say the least.

If Coen leaves, rather than go for another pro coach, I would first look to find someone who worked with Kiffin or Lincoln Riley, they seem to be doing something right on offense, to say the least.
Dana Holgorsen.

Do you give up having a good defense if you go Kiffin/Riley offense, though? Certainly, Riley hasn't been able to put even a mediocre defense on the field. Kiffins have been better, but only just, imo.

Do you give up having a good defense if you go Kiffin/Riley offense, though? Certainly, Riley hasn't been able to put even a mediocre defense on the field. Kiffins have been better, but only just, imo.
Don't think one excludes the other

Reactions: cathouse
I wouldn’t be surprised if Stoops doesn’t go back to Gran if Coen leaves.

We could do much, much worse. Unfortunate part is recruiting would plummet due to a negative perception. In terms of a play caller, he was noticably better than coen.

Not sure if it was a rift with woody or something else entirely, but coen's first year he was much better at setting up plays weeks ahead. He'd put certain looks on film for the sole purpose of countering off it weeks later. I saw none of that this past year.

You have to wonder what role Woody's departure played in all this. He was set up to be coen's successor then basically let go. Did coen throw him under the bus? Was he discontent about not renewing him?

If coen leaves, I personally want a return to power football. It still wins, it's currently out of flavor so we'd have top choice of recruits to that style, and it isn't nil heavy. Perfect fit for us.

Reactions: LosGatos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT