ADVERTISEMENT

The Bengals

Adding Burrow, Jonah Williams, and AJ Green to the team a huge step in the right direction. If I’m the Bengals I’d spend the rest of the draft trying to upgrade the defense. Finish the OL in free agency.
They will have to either focus on OL in free agency, or LB in free agency. Or both (hopefully).

They will have to either focus on OL in free agency, or LB in free agency. Or both (hopefully).
That’s what I’m thinking too. This season was a blessing in disguise if Burrow turns out to be the QB many are comparing him to Joe Montana.

Reactions: TNTUK
Burrow can never live up to the hype that has built.....

The Bengals should trade that pick if they can get a Herschel Walker/Ricky Williams type deal.

Ask for 3 first, 3 second and 4 third round picks.... Go crazy, someone might bite....
I would like it if we were guaranteed tua, but at this point even that would lead to an epic meltdown if we didn't pick him.

No way. Not with Taylor as the head coach. Burrow will be the pick. The Bengals have supposedly reached out to him about playing in the Senior Bowl (likely asked him if he would consider not playing).
I’m not necessarily saying your wrong but Taylor doesn’t call the shots. It’s dipshit Brown. I made a money bet with one of my friends and a food bet with another. No one in the history of the world has ever went broke or hungry betting on the ineptitude of Mike Brown. History is on my side.

Reactions: TNTUK
I hope I’m wrong. While I’m not a Bengals fan, they do have a soft spot in my heart. But......... in the immortal words of the great Ron White, “You can’t fix stupid.”

have the Bengals ever signed a high rated free agent? ever?
The highest profile free agent they ever signed was probably Terrell Owens and he had a good year in 2010 but also got hurt late. They were 4-12 anyway and although he lobbied to sign TO, Carson Palmer sat out the following season until he got traded to Oakland.

Not really as far as you say. Any team in the NFL is four or five great players that know how to win games away from being a contender. If they’ll put the right pieces around Joe and get a couple great players to go with him they be hard to be. He’s the real deal.

Remember when Aikman went to Dallas? The Bengals are as close to winning as the Cowboys were then. Sometimes a special player can turn it around. Of course this is all yet to be seen, but they have potential.
One big difference....the Cowboys had Jerry Jones who is the NFL's version of George Steinbrenner while the bengals have Mike Brown.

Guys, I hate to burst your bubbles but Cincinnati will trade down. Not because it’s a good move, which it probably is because they have SO MANY HOLES, but because Mikey boy is too cheap to pay a number 1 pick and stupid. They will trade down for about 3 picks, 2 of which they will screw up and Bengal fans will be shaking their heads again.
Doubtful and although there is a rookie salary cap, they are still cheap to the core.

But they really can't afford to screw up any more drafts.

In 2015, drafting 1st rounder Cedric Ogbuehi and 2nd rounder Jake Fisher then not paying lineman Andrew Whitworth and Eric Zeitler in 2016, directly led to the offensive woes of the past 3 years.
The 2017 first round pick John Ross got hurt and barely played. He was hurt again in 2019.
The 2018 first rounder Billy Price got hurt then was slow to earn a starting spot. He lost the starting C job this past year in training camp.
The 2018 third rounder Malik Jefferson barely saw the field then got cut in 2019.
The 2019 first rounder Jonah Williams was hurt all year.
The 2019 second round pick Drew Sample barely saw the field either.

They almost have to draft Joe Burrow and being from Ohio puts more fans in the seats and money in their pocket. It's nearly a lock I'd say.

Last edited:
The Bengals have fared very well in the 2000's with drafting QB's early. They got Palmer in 2002, Dalton in 2011 and now Burrow in 2020. Let's hope Burrow is what he is hyped to be.

I asked a friend of mine this yesterday. Would you be satisfied if they draft Burrow and his career is the equivalent of Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton?

I asked a friend of mine this yesterday. Would you be satisfied if they draft Burrow and his career is the equivalent of Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton?
There were a few years Carson Palmer was as good as any QB in football. If Joe Burrow leads the Bengals to a similar type of offense that Palmer did in 2005 and does it for a handful of years then yes I’d be happy.

I think you have to consider Dalton a successful career. Great? Absolutely not, but he’s had a good career. Especially considering he was a 2nd rounder and not a top 5 pick. It all depends on how the team does but if Burrow has the career Dalton had with production and no postseason wins then I wouldn’t be super happy. If he looks like Dalton but they win a Super Bowl I’d be ecstatic.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
One big difference....the Cowboys had Jerry Jones who is the NFL's version of George Steinbrenner while the bengals have Mike Brown.
Ram , I sure can’t disagree with that. Lol
They’ll have their work cut out for them no doubt, but maybe they can at least put something out there to be proud of for the fans.

Reactions: ram1955
I want the bengals to be a championship team. I want to be a fan but it's a two way street. They have to give fans reason to be fans.
I know what you mean. I about hate to say it here, lol, but I’ve been more of a browns fan than bengals since Couch went there and kinda just stuck with them. I still like the Bengals too though.

Reactions: ram1955
I know what you mean. I about hate to say it here, lol, but I’ve been more of a browns fan than bengals since Couch went there and kinda just stuck with them. I still like the Bengals too though.
...and recently, I've been pulling for the Titans.

Reactions: JASUN74
...and recently, I've been pulling for the Titans.
Yes Sir. I believe we all just love us some Football around here!! Haha. Honestly, if a former Kentucky player is on the team, I try my best to watch them and support the team. We have some great ones in the League, but there’s just nothing like College Football.
Man I’m soo ready for next season I can’t stand it. Thank the good Lord for this Big Blue family, it makes the waiting somewhat bearable. . Go Cats

There is some rumors going around he won't play for the Bengals and will sit out the year first. Trying to leverage them to trade the top pick I am sure. Same rumors are saying he wants to follow Brady to the Panthers and a trade whrer Cam ends up a Bengal.

Reactions: UKat1 and KARLITO12
There is some rumors going around he won't play for the Bengals and will sit out the year first. Trying to leverage them to trade the top pick I am sure. Same rumors are saying he wants to follow Brady to the Panthers and a trade whrer Cam ends up a Bengal.
Where have you seen that?

I heard it was 4 first round picks, their 2nd and 3rd this year and newton for the 1st pick this year. Wow if true

His dad was quoted today that he’d be happy to be drafted by Cincinnati. Of course that could change. I’d be shocked if the Bengals entertained a trade for Burrow.

His dad was quoted today that he’d be happy to be drafted by Cincinnati. Of course that could change. I’d be shocked if the Bengals entertained a trade for Burrow.
It only works if we ended up with tua. If not we would be screwed

It only works if we ended up with tua. If not we would be screwed
Personally, I’d be afraid to draft Tua. I’ll probably look foolish in 5 years for that position, but his health scares me. If the Bengals made trade with Carolina, we wouldn’t be able to get a quarterback. The Bengals didn’t start Ryan Finley this year to trade away the chance to get Joe Burrow lol.

Personally, I’d be afraid to draft Tua. I’ll probably look foolish in 5 years for that position, but his health scares me. If the Bengals made trade with Carolina, we wouldn’t be able to get a quarterback. The Bengals didn’t start Ryan Finley this year to trade away the chance to get Joe Burrow lol.
He is worth the risk I think. As long as he is not crippled for life he will go in the top 5. Teams will say they are staying away just so they can move up and draft him. I love burrow but if we trade the pick and end up with tua I will be thrilled

He is worth the risk I think. As long as he is not crippled for life he will go in the top 5. Teams will say they are staying away just so they can move up and draft him. I love burrow but if we trade the pick and end up with tua I will be thrilled
I’d much rather have Burrow. I think Tua will go top 5. I’m just saying I’d be afraid to take him there.

Hope AJ Green re-signs and Burrow being drafted will light a spark in this team. Need a big time star personality to change the culture of this franchise. We're good offensively with a healthy Green, Boyd, Ross, Tate, Mixon and Eifert. Get some O-Line help and some defensive pieces through the draft/FA and Cincinnati will have a good corp to build around.

This is a critical time for the Bengals. We literally have the winning lottery ticket.
Couldn’t agree more. Drafting Burrow is huge for a number of reasons. We all hope he’ll be that star we think he will be. But also, he’s huge for our fan base. The team desperately needs its fans back and I think a new QB like him will do the trick. Of course, he’ll have to perform and the team needs to win, but I think there’s an excitement that hasn’t been felt for a while.

Reactions: KARLITO12
Some Carolina fans on our board. Won't be the first QB to pull that move, Elway, Eli Manning and Luck come to mind.
It’s harder to do that nowadays. Plus, he’s from Ohio. I haven’t seen any legitimate talk about him holding out or Carolina trading for him. All the Twitter stuff I saw are Carolina fans saying they should get him. It’s not at simple as that lol

Burrow can never live up to the hype that has built.....

The Bengals should trade that pick if they can get a Herschel Walker/Ricky Williams type deal.

Ask for 3 first, 3 second and 4 third round picks.... Go crazy, someone might bite....
Never happen. We're talking about the same Mike Brown who turned down 2 1st round picks from the Redskins for Chad Johnson only to send him to New England for a 5th and 6th round pick. Funny how that always happens with them.

I don't know myself, maybe Brady going to Carolina added fuel to the fire. But if he sits for a year and doesn't sign, not sure but the Bengals get nothing for the number 1vpick and he can go where he wants in 21. That may not be correct, but rights have a short life.

I don't know myself, maybe Brady going to Carolina added fuel to the fire. But if he sits for a year and doesn't sign, not sure but the Bengals get nothing for the number 1vpick and he can go where he wants in 21. That may not be correct, but rights have a short life.
I’d be shocked if he did that. We shall see in due time. Carolina picks at 9 I think so any trade with Cincinnati, the Bengals wouldn’t even be able to get Tua.

I'd take Burrow but would have been intriguing if Cincinnati drafted Chase Young and could get themselves in position for Lawrence next year in the draft. His accuracy really dropped off against quality NCAAF defenses in OSU/LSU so I'd have questions how his arm would translate in the pros. Safer bet to go with Burrow and draft an Ohio kid.

I'd take Burrow but would have been intriguing if Cincinnati drafted Chase Young and could get themselves in position for Lawrence next year in the draft. His accuracy really dropped off against quality NCAAF defenses in OSU/LSU so I'd have questions how his arm would translate in the pros. Safer bet to go with Burrow and draft an Ohio kid.
I think Lawrence is good and will be the #1 pick next year. I’d rather have Burrow, but even if the Bengals think Lawrence is better, I think you still have to take Burrow. There’s no guarantee they’d be able to get the #1 pick next year. They lost 8 1-score games last year. If they won just 2 of those, they’d have lost the first overall pick this year. Look at the Dolphins this year. We all thought they’d have the worst record and get the #1 pick. They’re picking 5. It’s too risky to take Young and miss out on a QB IMO.

I’d be shocked if he did that. We shall see in due time. Carolina picks at 9 I think so any trade with Cincinnati, the Bengals wouldn’t even be able to get Tua.

I don't know anything myself, hardly follow the NFL. Just dome things being floated around that Burrows wanted to follow Brady and this gave him the opportunity.

The other guys didn't sit out either, but the threat was too big a risk for the teams with the 1st pick they caved and traded the pick.

I remember when the Falcons started. The QB took a terrible beating every game and had a short career because of all the injuries. I don't know what will happened, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Bengals traded the pick.

I think Lawrence is good and will be the #1 pick next year. I’d rather have Burrow, but even if the Bengals think Lawrence is better, I think you still have to take Burrow. There’s no guarantee they’d be able to get the #1 pick next year. They lost 8 1-score games last year. If they won just 2 of those, they’d have lost the first overall pick this year. Look at the Dolphins this year. We all thought they’d have the worst record and get the #1 pick. They’re picking 5. It’s too risky to take Young and miss out on a QB IMO.
Yes, that's why I said it's safer to take Burrow now. Never know, no guarantees. Just had been a situation of having your cake and eating it too if you could pull something off like that. Been something if Tua decided to return to Bama, stay healthy and come out as a #1 pick next year but obviously that's all water under the bridge now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT