ADVERTISEMENT

The Bear

DanCat17

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2019
Anybody watching this masterpiece of a TV show?

Just finished watching season 2 and it is even better than the first. I can also confidently say, season 3 is going to top the 1st and 2nd.

I’ve seen many reviews talking about how accurate this show portrays the industry. Wife and I always try to dine at a Michelin star restaurant when we visit a city that has one. It is cool to watch this show and see some things that happen behind the scenes that you don’t notice when visiting one.

Show can be watched on FX.

Started it because Jeremy White is great in Shameless. The scenes he has about his brother are some of the better acting you'll find right now. They do a masterful job of putting you in the middle of the tension and it comes off very authentic- except for donut guy.

Just started S2. Solid so far.

Reactions: GeraldV
Started it because Jeremy White is great in Shameless. The scenes he has about his brother are some of the better acting you'll find right now. They do a masterful job of putting you in the middle of the tension and it comes off very authentic- except for donut guy.

Just started S2. Solid so far.
Yep, he is really great.

This season is awesome. Episode 6 is especially good.

Imo one of the best shows of all time. Yes it's that good. It has everything
I was thinking this as well last night as we were finishing up season two.

It is already solidly in my top 5. Probably won’t pass Breaking bad as number 1 for me. But nothing will likely ever be as good as that show.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Totally agree. I start so many shows and give up but this is fantastic. And agree that episode 6 is a masterpiece.

Totally agree. I start so many shows and give up but this is fantastic. And agree that episode 6 is a masterpiece.
Yep absolutely. It’s one of those episodes that separates a good show from a great show. They could get away with not having that episode, but it also adds so much at the same time.

Last edited:
Season one was pretty intense and original. Started season two, but just not ready for it. The script at times seems like it was partially written by a 13 year old first learning bad words. It’s hard for me to relate. Not trying to be a snob, but I work and live in a sphere where I just don’t hear a lot of bad language unless I choose to. Ayo Edebiri is a terrible actress. I’m sure I’ll eventually watch it because it’s a god and generally well acted.

Ayo Edebiri is a terrible actress

I haven't seen her in anything else so I can't comment on her overall ability as an actress.

However both she and her character are clearly the weakest links in this incredible show. That isn't even to say they're bad, it's just unfortunate for them that everyone else is so incredible.

Given all things, it could certainly be a worse situation. Her character isnt going anywhere and will be on the show until the final credits roll on the last episode.

Reactions: catlanta33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT