ADVERTISEMENT

Huggy talks !

I’ll always wonder what Huggins could have pulled off at a program like UK. This program elevates coaches and at one time I think he could have pulled some final fours / chances at titles. Of course he would have already physically assaulted Barnhart by now, and probably had a few kiddos with some students. Maybe even caused the African American studies department to file some lawsuits. I think he could have done some damage here all the way around.

I’ll always wonder what Huggins could have pulled off at a program like UK. This program elevates coaches and at one time I think he could have pulled some final fours / chances at titles. Of course he would have already physically assaulted Barnhart by now, and probably had a few kiddos with some students. Maybe even caused the African American studies department to file some lawsuits. I think he could have done some damage here all the way around.
Hed be eddie sutton all over again. Its widely accepted to get plastered in ky and nobody will bat an eye bc we keep to our own. Thats why billy g could get away with going to hole in the wall hotel bars and do blow with co eds pre social media bc honestly its nobody elses business what a stranger is doing.

Angry Cool Guy GIF by BLoafX
Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Say what you will about Huggins bit the guy is a heck of a coach.
I like huggy too loved to watch his Cincy teams play they played hard nose defense good coach and he has had a couple asst under him that have been successful too as coaches Kennedy and Martin Kennedy likes to pound beers too

Last edited:
Reactions: ok-cats-computer
I always felt UK was his dream school and just being involved in some small way would be something he would love to do.

Hed be eddie sutton all over again. Its widely accepted to get plastered in ky and nobody will bat an eye bc we keep to our own. Thats why billy g could get away with going to hole in the wall hotel bars and do blow with co eds pre social media bc honestly its nobody elses business what a stranger is doing.

you make me regret not getting into coaching pre social media.

This made me laugh far harder than it probably should have
I believe you speak truth, Sir

Great coach. Great. I watched a lot of he's very good. I'm from ashland. Wva border. Saw a lot of him

When Huggy was at Cincy & lost his best player at the end of the year (Martin?), they might have won it all. They were the best team before that injury.

Reactions: CatTough
I remember my niece telling me in their sorority word was going around to leave if Coach Gillispie shows up

I also remember hearing about Eddie Sutton from a Lexington Policemanwell before 1988. It wasn't a well kept secret he was getting caught behind the wheel snockered.

There will be no stories like that regarding Mark Pope.

When Huggy was at Cincy & lost his best player at the end of the year (Martin?), they might have won it all. They were the best team before that injury.

Yeah, I think they would've won the national title that year. It was a pretty weak year generally IIRC. If they had won, Izzo never has a title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT