ADVERTISEMENT

The 15 club

Who on here is a member of the 15 club? It could be the difference between making the playoff and hovering around 7 wins forever. Go Big Blue!
I have been a member since soon after it got started. Everyone can do this if they actually care. You don't have to give more than you can afford. Listen to what the Big Dog said about it today during the press conference.

If you want to test someone's fandom, just hit them in the pocketbook.

Yes, I wish donations were not necessary to remain competitive. But it is what it is. We can either make an effort to compete or get left behind. I will contribute as much as I can afford, as often as I can afford. Big or small, every contribution helps.

If only we could get every Kentuckian to contribute $20 on an annual basis (a very attainable goal if people weren't such tightwads), we'd have an $80 million NIL budget to work with. Could you imagine what a roster we could assemble with that kind of coinage? But instead of tossing in even a few $$$, most will simply bitch and complain about NIL and do nothing. Then those same people will be the first to complain when we end up being dead last in the SEC.

If you want to test someone's fandom, just hit them in the pocketbook.

Yes, I wish donations were not necessary to remain competitive. But it is what it is. We can either make an effort to compete or get left behind. I will contribute as much as I can afford, as often as I can afford. Big or small, every contribution helps.

If only we could get every Kentuckian to contribute $20 on an annual basis (a very attainable goal if people weren't such tightwads), we'd have an $80 million NIL budget to work with. Could you imagine what a roster we could assemble with that kind of coinage? But instead of tossing in even a few $$$, most will simply bitch and complain about NIL and do nothing. Then those same people will be the first to complain when we end up being dead last in the SEC.
Maybe an NIL tax for all Kentuckians who don’t live in Louisville?

As to the “tightwad” comment, non-profits helping the indigent and homeless would like to hear your passion for NIL for other important causes.

https://kentucky15.com/

I signed up yesterday as a broke college student. If I can scrounge up $25 a month, you can too. Go Big Blue!

Exactly! And for those who don't know, it is also possible to make one time contributions. You don't have to become a member with monthly dues. You can make one time donations in any amount you wish. If just 25% of Kentuckians made an annual contribution of $20 (the cost of a couple of fast food meals), that would place UK's NIL pool at elite levels.

NIL is the best opportunity UK has had in most of our lifetimes to upset the traditional college football pecking order. It gives fans the ability to control our own destiny. NIL can get elite football players that in the past wouldn't have even looked at Kentucky as an option to come to Lexington. UK fans have never had the ability to make such an immediate and direct impact on the football program. We now are in a position to legitimately compete for national championships in football, if we are willing to do our part. Look at what results a strong NIL budget just gave Ole Miss in the portal. We can do that too, or even better. It just depends on how much we really want it.

I have been a member since December 2022. However, this thread prompted me to log into my account and update my payment method and select football only. I am disappointed that my donations were not going to football only. As already mentioned, if most just gave a little, it would give UK a huge advantage. It would have been nice to outbid Ole Miss for some the stud defensive players they landed.

@IBeedBlue100
I can't figure out how to upload a pic. When I click on the pic icon, it wants me to enter a URL. Thanks for offering to do this and I hope it goes viral.

That attitude won't change the reality we are facing.
No it won’t and I understand that. But I have worked too hard my entire life and I am trying to retire and there is no way I am giving any of my hard earned money to these spoiled kids that are going to play a game. And u don’t even know if they are going to stay at your school for more than a year. If UK football shut down because they can’t keep up, I am ok and it wouldn’t change my life one bit. I had season tickets for 14 years when my kids were young and we had great times going to games. But there are more important things in my life now. My wife had a heart attack two weeks ago and almost didn’t make it. Sports are way down my list of priorities. Gotta take care of my family. For those of you that are giving, God bless you and I hope you get a return on your investment.

Sorry this is crazy. I work hard and have more responsibilities than these kids but make much less. They’re going to tell me that our average ass tight end has $350k offers on the table and I need to pay him $20 per month? Regular people need to pay so he can make $360k? Gtfo

I have been a member since December 2022. However, this thread prompted me to log into my account and update my payment method and select football only. I am disappointed that my donations were not going to football only. As already mentioned, if most just gave a little, it would give UK a huge advantage. It would have been nice to outbid Ole Miss for some the stud defensive players they landed.
I’d be pisses off

No it won’t and I understand that. But I have worked too hard my entire life and I am trying to retire and there is no way I am giving any of my hard earned money to these spoiled kids that are going to play a game. And u don’t even know if they are going to stay at your school for more than a year. If UK football shut down because they can’t keep up, I am ok and it wouldn’t change my life one bit. I had season tickets for 14 years when my kids were young and we had great times going to games. But there are more important things in my life now. My wife had a heart attack two weeks ago and almost didn’t make it. Sports are way down my list of priorities. Gotta take care of my family. For those of you that are giving, God bless you and I hope you get a return on your investment.
That is your life and congrats on retiring. But don’t bitch and moan this fall about a single game when you have the ability to actually help but choose not too.

Nah just don't see me ever giving to it,, maybe to bball back when was working in the mines if it was around then.. Just gonna be a shit storm around here with people bitching and saying they can because they donate and bitch about rest bitching because they didn't give.. I early retired at 45 in 2019 (6/10 of my surgeries in past 4 years) and just now getting my ssi/disability lined out because wasnt close enough to 50..

Joined day 1.

like Stoops said, if you don’t like NIL, youll like irrelevance even less!
Then id rather watch the NFL. I'm not donating my hard earned money to someone to play a game . Nil has ruined college athletics. I loved college football and basketball...now it's just free agency and minor league pro teams and I am quickly losing all interest. It's hilarious that any one thinks fans have a responsibility to donate to buy players. The real oro teams Don't ask their fans to help pay for players. This whole nil thing is ridiculous.

Very sorry to hear about your wife's heart attack, but glad to hear she's still with you.

NIL should never have been a thing
But it is. It is here. It isn't going away. Evolve or perish.

Those who preen and pose about how they will never try to help UK and will never donate aren't helping. in any way. Feel that way, good for you, free country you fan the way you want.

But trashing 15 club is you trying to discourage others. That's you trying to influence other fans to also not fund NIL. That is you throwing an anchor around Stoops neck. And then you will bemoan him losing to Ole Miss next season. Who has a group of fans not at all worried about giving hard earned money to their football players. who aren't offended some players might now make more than working class fans who donate.

When we were first discussing NIL, I was one of the first here to suggest the construction of collectives where people pooled their money. Nevertheless, we all know this is not NIL. And, it’s not employment. It’s fans buying players and it’s out of control and, perhaps, unsustainable. And, I think, destructive. Discussing the collective does not offend me. It is what it is.

Saying people who don’t give money to this new sad era of college football are “tight wads” does not offend me, but is ridiculous. I paid into the K Fund for UK for years and even let UK keep my “donation” during Covid when I saw only one game. I enjoy giving to charities and people in need. I appreciate generosity.

I may not, however, ever give to a collective. I don’t begrudge those who do, as I know people who give to UK collectives and other school’s collectives. To each their own.

I support true NIL, when a player can make money in the marketplace because he or she is recognizable and can get paid for that recognition. I now support true employment for students who are athletes. But, bidding wars for high school players will have to be done by others, I think.

Good for me. Good for you. As one poster put it, just don’t think you are holier than thou because you do or you don’t.

Good luck.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
But it is. It is here. It isn't going away. Evolve or perish.

Those who preen and pose about how they will never try to help UK and will never donate aren't helping. in any way. Feel that way, good for you, free country you fan the way you want.

But trashing 15 club is you trying to discourage others. That's you trying to influence other fans to also not fund NIL. That is you throwing an anchor around Stoops neck. And then you will bemoan him losing to Ole Miss next season. Who has a group of fans not at all worried about giving hard earned money to their football players. who aren't offended some players might now make more than working class fans who donate.
I’m trashing NIL because it’s pay for play. Ray Charles could see this coming.

How about we reverse course, say it was a bad idea, and make it illegal.

• Haha
Reactions: Davae9
Who on here is a member of the 15 club? It could be the difference between making the playoff and hovering around 7 wins forever. Go Big Blue!
I am a member. Lots of normal middle class UK fans are. It's not complicated at all. It's not a drain. It doesn't prevent or delay retirement. It doesn't keep you from having health insurance. You can give what you can afford. That's the reality.

Most of the opposition here is coming from people who are generally anti about most everything. This website is infested with negative, unhappy, and contrary people who enjoy diverting and distorting the football conversation interested fans are trying to have here.

You can complain all day about NIL. You can pontificate about why NIL shouldn't be a thing. You can play the victim and cite all the unfortunate things in your life. But NIL is a thing. It shouldn't be, but it is. The fact is that all of us run into challenges, but most of us don't use our life challenges on an online sports fan site as an excuse not to support University of Kentucky football.

Buying tickets is not a contribution to building facilities. Who are we trying to kid here? You and I buy tickets for our own entertainment. There is nothing noble or unselfish about it. When you buy a ticket or an item of paraphernalia, you are purchasing useable merchandise for yourself. Licensing regulations may allow a little bit of that money to be diverted for use on a capital expenditure, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with your reasoning for making the purchase. LOL!

If you don't want to skip a case of beer or a movie and give the money to the 15 Club instead, then don't. If you want to bitch about everything, no one is stopping you. Go right ahead. It's an anonymous board, so you won't have to take any responsibility. But please stop bitching about the 15 Club. And don't piss and moan when you don't have any credibility with the rest of us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT