ADVERTISEMENT

I posted on HoB....

ukchamps_98

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2003
but thought this idea might gain more traction over here. Today I met an Ole Miss fan and former OM baseball player at Nashville airport. He mentioned that the restaurants around their campus allow patrons to contribute to NIL when paying their bill. Not chain places, but the restaurants that host recruits on OV and the mom and pop joints around campus. Maybe the 15 club could do something similar in and around Lexington? KSbarAnd Grille, Malones, etc. Another fan mentioned Kroger allowing fans to round up their grocery bills to help support which I think is also a great idea.

but thought this idea might gain more traction over here. Today I met an Ole Miss fan and former OM baseball player at Nashville airport. He mentioned that the restaurants around their campus allow patrons to contribute to NIL when paying their bill. Not chain places, but the restaurants that host recruits on OV and the mom and pop joints around campus. Maybe the 15 club could do something similar in and around Lexington? KSbarAnd Grille, Malones, etc. Another fan mentioned Kroger allowing fans to round up their grocery bills to help support which I think is also a great idea.
Good ideal
Handshake Trade GIF by Dynasty Drunks

Very constructive. Thank you.

How do they know where the cash is going?
Obviously you would need to have an explanation of how it is set up before contributing, just like you should have before contributing to anything. How do you know where money goes when contributed to Tunnel To Towers, DAV, or any other charity? You perform due diligence. It isn't that difficult.

Wish people were as quick to contribute to actually helping needy folks as they are NIL collectives. Hell, keep the NIL collectives but mandate that half of what they raise has to go to local communities.

I'm firmly in favor of NIL. But it's shocking to me how quick people are to throw money at sports when there's someone down the street having trouble paying their bills or putting food on the table. To me, that's a far more worthwhile investment than an athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT