ADVERTISEMENT

That 3rd & 4 was vintage Eddie Gran play call.

Where has most of our yardage come out of? Best drive started and used with wildcat to get some yards.

Where has most of our yardage come out of? Best drive started and used with wildcat to get some yards.
Yes but again the wildcat is a gadget play. Just because you've had a couple successes with it doesn't mean you can run it 20 times in a row. It's an embarrassingly easy play to defend if the defense is focused on it. If they are in some sort of nickel look then it will work but if they are geared to stopping it then the wildcat will flop basically 100% of the time.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Yes but again the wildcat is a gadget play. Just because you've had a couple successes with it doesn't mean you can run it 20 times in a row. It's an embarrassingly easy play to defend if the defense is focused on it. If they are in some sort of nickel look then it will work but if they are geared to stopping it then the wildcat will flop basically 100% of the time.
Yeah cause having sawyer throw it isnsure productive. If we run ball you would complain about that too.

Guess we should just let SS set back there and be a gunslinger..... this conservative playcalling has to end.....

Guess we should just let SS set back there and be a gunslinger..... this conservative playcalling has to end.....
Another Bowden Wildcat for 1 yard. I’m starting to see what you are talking about. Let’s run it again.

Smith has 21 attempts for 43 yards (2 yds per attempt) and we complain cause we ran something different than throwing the ball. This is the worst passing display I have ever seen. Morgan newton would be a HUGE upgrade right now.

T

Maybe we should go bowden at qb all the time
I actually don’t disagree with that. When he’s actually a threat to throw or run he’s dangerous. I just don’t like the pure wildcat when we run it up the middle. Going forward he may be our best option at QB.

I actually don’t disagree with that. When he’s actually a threat to throw or run he’s dangerous. I just don’t like the pure wildcat when we run it up the middle. Going forward he may be our best option at QB.
Your running a read option play with the wildcat. Having him at an gave that same option. No difference in going wildcat or him being a qb

Your running a read option play with the wildcat. Having him at an gave that same option. No difference in going wildcat or him being a qb
Big difference but I’m done debating. It’s apparent your ignorance is only surpassed by your lack of football knowledge. Have a good night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT