ADVERTISEMENT

Antonio Reeves or Malik Monk…

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
Which Wildcat is most hated in Arkansas?

Malik dissed the entire state to play for Kentucky and become a superstar after Arkansas fans thought he was a lock to stay home…

But Reeves has killed the Razorbacks two straight years in front of foaming at the mouth packed houses…He’s averaged over 30 points a game in that place that prides itself on making it tough on opponents.

Tough call, but Reeves’ damage is fresher…

Malik dissed the entire state to play for Kentucky and become a superstar after Arkansas fans thought he was a lock to stay home…

But Reeves has killed the Razorbacks two straight years in front of foaming at the mouth packed houses…He’s averaged over 30 points a game in that place that prides itself on making it tough on opponents.

Yeah ... but Monk came to UK straight out of "the Woodz" ! ! !

Monk all day, Reeves is a man tho! I knew he would show up. He was my pre game MVP.

It’s Monk. Arkansas fans literally cheered when the razorbacks tried to injure him. Did the same thing to archie goodwin. Their basketball fans rival tennessee fans for the worst in the conference.

Monk and it’s not close. He played HS ball in Bentonville which is a rocks thrown from Fayetteville.

Monk all day, Reeves is a man tho! I knew he would show up. He was my pre game MVP.
Same. I know I’ve posted it a hundred times but Reeves is my 9 year olds favorite player and has been since last year, he kept talking about how Reeves had 37 in BW last year and how he was gonna get em again last night. And sure enough he did.

But Arkansas fans have a special kind of hatred for Malik Monk that goes above and beyond anything he did to them as an opposing player. They hate him with the passion of a thousand burning suns for not playing there.

Monk and it’s not close. He played HS ball in Bentonville which is a rocks thrown from Fayetteville.

It’s Reeves for the next five minutes and then it’ll be neither, because baseball will start and then the focus will be back on football.

Monk only played one year at Bentonville and made his name at the same high school as his brother, East Poinsett County, which is about 45 minutes from Memphis. He was not a NWA product. You’ll find more Ole Miss fans in the Delta than die hard Hogs.

The odd thing about the question is that typical Hog fans don’t remember or even care about him, and forgot about him back in 2017. He hosts very successful summer camps and does amazing charity work around Little Rock and NEA every holiday season. I moved back to Arkansas about a year and a half ago and he’s a staple of local news stories for both.

Reactions: jedwar
It’s Reeves for the next five minutes and then it’ll be neither, because baseball will start and then the focus will be back on football.

Monk only played one year at Bentonville and made his name at the same high school as his brother, East Poinsett County, which is about 45 minutes from Memphis. He was not a NWA product. You’ll find more Ole Miss fans in the Delta than die hard Hogs.

The odd thing about the question is that typical Hog fans don’t remember or even care about him, and forgot about him back in 2017. He hosts very successful summer camps and does amazing charity work around Little Rock and NEA every holiday season. I moved back to Arkansas about a year and a half ago and he’s a staple of local news stories for both.
I believe he played his freshman year at Poinsett and played at least two at Bentonville and maybe 3. Either way, they didn’t like his decision to go to UK. One of my favorite Cal players.

Back when Nolan Richardson was at Arkansas, he said he was most sick of Anthony Epps. He moaned that he did not think Epps was ever going to graduate.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Reeves isn't in Monk's talent league but I'm really impressed with how Reeves has improved
his game since last year. The guy has been putting in work.

Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT