ADVERTISEMENT

WTF was WA's coach thinking?

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Very gutsy call on 4th and 1 - gotta give him props. But, at the WSU 20 with no timeouts for WSU in a tied game, he throws TWICE, one of which was almost intercepted. Why not run up the middle, call TO with 4 seconds and kick the FG to win (which they did later after taking a sack)? No idea why he thought throwing was better than running a play to give his kicker a 35-yd FG attempt in the middle of the field. Anyone explain that one?

Reactions: BigBlue1992
I kinda liked it even though it almost backfired. I’d rather win and lose with the football in my best player’s hands. All I know is that Stoops would have never made those calls lol.

I know one thing, it was obvious those refs were told to do whatever it takes to make sure Washington wins so the PAC 12 gets a team in. That roughing the passer call was bullshit and put them in field goal range.
I'm all for it if it keeps out the ACC and a second B1G team.

I think it will be:

1 uga 2. Cheaters 3. Oregon 4. Texas

If fsu manages to win tonight and next week tough luck. We have to judge with their backup qb and sk far that's down 10 to 0 to a bad Florida team playing its own backup.

Reactions: Ugoff
I think it will be:

1 uga 2. Cheaters 3. Oregon 4. Texas

If fsu manages to win tonight and next week tough luck. We have to judge with their backup qb and sk far that's down 10 to 0 to a bad Florida team playing its own backup.
12-0 now. Holy shizz how bad is the ACC?

A second BIG team ain’t going. I don’t see Iowa beating Michigan so I assume Michigan is in.

Florida is beating Florida State now. If Florida wins, that’ll make things a little easier cause they’re the last hope of an ACC team going and if they lose today, they ain’t going.

Reactions: Ugoff
A second BIG team ain’t going. I don’t see Iowa beating Michigan so I assume Michigan is in.

Florida is beating Florida State now. If Florida wins, that’ll make things a little easier cause they’re the last hope of an ACC team going and if they lose today, they ain’t going.

Eh, if fsu loses osu just needs Texas to lose next week to back in sadly.

I’d like to see a scenario of Alabama beating Georgia in a close one and they both get to go. I know highly unlikely but I’m a little biased toward the SEC lol

Eh, if fsu loses osu just needs Texas to lose next week to back in sadly.
What about if Alabama beats Georgia? Georgia will get in before Ohio State, don’t you think?

That is if Georgia wins tonight. They’re struggling so far. Go Dawgs!

I’d like to see a scenario of Alabama beating Georgia in a close one and they both get to go. I know highly unlikely but I’m a little biased toward the SEC lol

That would happen if Texas lost and fsu lost IMO. Bama just doesn't look the part to me to beat uga but uga struggled at auburn too and is tonight against tech so far.

That would happen if Texas lost and fsu lost IMO. Bama just doesn't look the part to me to beat uga but uga struggled at auburn too and is tonight against tech so far.
Yes they did but man Auburn can play when they want to. They have some serious size. That was bad coaching this year cause they’re better than their record indicates.

I kinda liked it even though it almost backfired. I’d rather win and lose with the football in my best player’s hands. All I know is that Stoops would have never made those calls lol.
I get it. But, that, to me, was either just a complete bonehead decision (twice!) or a case of a coach, once again, saying 'Look how smart I am!' If WSU intercepts and runs it back ( or wins in OT), those plays would be on Sportcenter right next to the U's decision to hand off instead of take a knee.

I know one thing, it was obvious those refs were told to do whatever it takes to make sure Washington wins so the PAC 12 gets a team in. That roughing the passer call was bullshit and put them in field goal range.
They were on late one night I watched the game. They had an interference call on them in the end zone the refs picked the flag up. There was another call that went their way it was awful. I knew then the fix was in for them. No way should they be undefeated!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT