ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Lady Cats Volleyball

The people that complain about MB kill me. You can't honestly say UK sports as whole aren't they best they've collectively ever been.

Congrats Lady Cats Volleyball!!

Great teamwork.. Great effort. Great heart. Great win.

So proud of you. About had a heart attack pulling for the win.

Haven't been this excited in a while. Congratulations on bringing home the FIRST AND ONLY National Championship in volleyball by an SEC team.

Enjoy the taste of victory.
The men's 2 bbs on campus could learn a thing or two about playing with HEART GOR KENTICKY watching these ladies play. They left it all in the floor.. CONGRATULATIONS!

Congratulations to the team. Nice to win titles in sports we aren't traditionally the best at. How long before a big volleyball school steals the coach from us? Seems like we have a hard time hanging on to our coaches of some sports (besides rifle, football and basketball) when they have success. Hopefully we can hang on to this one.
WE ARE UK! A BIG VB school!

I value championships in every sport. It was so awesome to actually witness us win one in something else. The softball and track teams have come close to winning some in the last few years, maybe we'll break through in those sports too.
I believe Track and Field was a natty in 2013

Most nervous over a game I have been in ages. Was pulling so hard for these girls to do something that had never been done at UK or the SEC.
This. It has been years since I sat and watched a UK sports team play for something this important and been that nervous. I was on pins and needles the whole game. The two big girls from Texas were amazing with their kill shots. Great job by these girls, so happy for them and proud. I could say more, but will stop here.

What an impressive match and run. The first title, the first title in the SEC, and only the 2nd school from the Eastern US to win one. Stumler was a beast. The Skinner sister and Lilly wow. I first looked at Texas and thought dam they are big. One girl 6ft5, but those lady cats are tough as hell. Was a super exciting match. I kept screaming at the TV it's coming from the left corner every F-ing time! They adjusted and showed resolve. ALways smiling, having fun. It was impressive.
I was totally impressed with the hops these girls have, they can sky.

The men's 2 bbs on campus could learn a thing or two about playing with HEART GOR KENTICKY watching these ladies play. They left it all in the floor.. CONGRATULATIONS!
Well, it was easy to see they play for each other and the team/school, not for the name on the back or draft status. They are what UK sports should be in every sport.

Nice. Don’t watch Volleyball but taped it and fast forwarded through it to see them win that NATTY. Congrats to the Team.

One of my daughters played college volleyball. That was back in the 1980s.

Trust me: it wasn’t the same game back then...

I echo what everyone has expressed here. What an amazing run they had to win it all! The best team actually did win it all tonight...without a doubt these gals were so darn good in every phase and lots of fun to watch. Down 6-1 and 7-2 in the final set only to have them storm back makes it just that much sweeter.

I kind of surprised myself by getting emotional tears of joy, and why not? Any national championship is extremely difficult--any won by our Wildcats brings lots of pride and is very emotional. The older I get the more meaningful are these achievements no matter the sport--if the jersey says "KENTUCKY," you can bet I'm all in. Their athleticism and the ability mentally to be so tough, confident, and resilient is quite admirable. I am only slightly disappointed in the coverage on the SEC Network who seemed to give it a "ho-hum," lackluster spot among better coverage of regular season baseball. Can't understand that but it doesn't diminish the SEC-first that it is, which for our conference is an amazing feat among so many distinguished sports programs, now to be crowned the very first SEC national champions in volleyball. A hearty congrats to Coach Skinner, his staff, and all the ladies.
I couldn't say it any better than You did. I feel and felt the same way. Proud of those UK Volleyball Players! Awesome effort!

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Congratulations to the team. Nice to win titles in sports we aren't traditionally the best at. How long before a big volleyball school steals the coach from us? Seems like we have a hard time hanging on to our coaches of some sports (besides rifle, football and basketball) when they have success. Hopefully we can hang on to this one.
It could happen but he has been in Lex for 16 years. I heard he loves it here

Just had to look it up the lady’s play on a net 7 inches shorter than the men. I like it the players can show their hops and they looked very athletic used to go to games years ago. They are fun to watch. Last night was great!!

Just had to look it up the lady’s play on a net 7 inches shorter than the men. I like it the players can show their hops and they looked very athletic used to go to games years ago. They are fun to watch. Last night was great!!
Maybe they should do something similar for women's basketball. Drop the rim down to 9' and let more of them have a chance to dunk like the guys. Might make it more interesting to watch if they can bring more athleticism to their game. Some of us vertical jump challenged had fun dropping the rim down to 9' to be able to dunk as a kid. [laughing]

Kentucky has actually become a hotbed for club volleyball. No place he can go that will present him w/ a much better recruiting base. He recruited the number one class in the country last year...won it all this year w/ much of his team returning. Maybe most, if a couple of seniors take advantage of their free year. He's got it going on like donkey kong...no need to leave, so long as Mitch shows him the love w/ his contract.

Reactions: KyCatFan
Kentucky has actually become a hotbed for club volleyball. No place he can go that will present him w/ a much better recruiting base. He recruited the number one class in the country last year...won it all this year w/ much of his team returning. Maybe most, if a couple of seniors take advantage of their free year. He's got it going on like donkey kong...no need to leave, so long as Mitch shows him the love w/ his contract.
All that could be true. I did a search just to see what came up as the top volleyball schools since I really don't know and we weren't mentioned in the various sites. That's why I mentioned losing the coach to a bigger volleyball program. Florida was the only SEC team in the top 10 of the various lists. I don't know what criteria they used to rate the programs. Regardless we need to give the coach a raise and make sure we don't lose him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT