ADVERTISEMENT

Cats win in the Jungle

CatsFanIL

Freshman
May 29, 2019
Maybe I missed it, but surprised there isn't a thread on the win at Auburn this weekend. I mean let's be real, thats a pretty impressive victory, especially with it being on the heels of what Auburn did to South Carolina

Cats held Ole Miss to 63 points, then go on the road and hold Auburn to 59 points. That's something to celebrate.

We all know that, analytically speaking, history shows you need to be Top 20 in both KenPom offense and defensive efficiency to be a national chmapion (again, analytics), and this week helps the Cats climb the defensive ranking, with still much work to be done.

Last week doesn't mean anything if the Cats don't continue to build on it, continue to improve and develop, and continue to get healthy. Would love to get the road win at LSU (tough place to play), then a big matchup on Saturday against highly ranked Alabama

But for now - great week for BBN, keep it going!

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Got to beat LSU tomorrow to keep the momentum going, and then protect home court vs Bama. 2-0 this week will go a long way for seeding.

Reactions: Cats192
vince-mcmahon-wake-up.gif

Our D isn't gonna hold bama and UT down so they better hold everyone else down. Not saying we won't beat bama or UT but I expect higher scoring contests.

Our D isn't gonna hold bama and UT down so they better hold everyone else down. Not saying we won't beat bama or UT but I expect higher scoring contests.
Well yeah, you aren't going to hold every team to 63 points or less. But earlier in the season we weren't holding ANY TEAMS to 63 points or less.

Just crazy to me how few fans can actually find a little bit of hope or positivity in last week's results

Reactions: thedahc
Well yeah, you aren't going to hold every team to 63 points or less. But earlier in the season we weren't holding ANY TEAMS to 63 points or less.

Just crazy to me how few fans can actually find a little bit of hope or positivity in last week's results
I think people are hopeful, but most need to see it stretched out longer than a week. We had a pretty bad stretch of games prior to this, one good week isn’t going put that to bed. Like I said, 2-0 this week will go a long way.

I think people are hopeful, but most need to see it stretched out longer than a week. We had a pretty bad stretch of games prior to this, one good week isn’t going put that to bed. Like I said, 2-0 this week will go a long way.

This. I'm hopeful but also realistic.

I dont expect alabama and UT to miss all those shots like AU did. I also don't expect either to hold UK below 85 to 90 points either.

The D has looked improved and no reason we can't have some more lower scoring defensive efforts against teams not named bama and UT.

People have to understand that means not scoring a ton in those games as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT