ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Wilson lnjury...Lynn Bowden

As far as his NFL future is concerned I think he would likely have been better off had he stayed at WR. Assuming of course that UK could have found an adequate replacement for Wilson.

There is nothing that suggests that Bowden will be anything other than a WR/KR in the League. Given the fingernail level scrutiny NFL teams place on their first 3 picks I simply cannot help but believe his "draft future" would have looked better with another year at WR. A GREAT college athlete but the pros look for GREAT proven position athletes. Regardless, I with him well.

Peace

As far as his NFL future is concerned I think he would likely have been better off had he stayed at WR. Assuming of course that UK could have found an adequate replacement for Wilson.

There is nothing that suggests that Bowden will be anything other than a WR/KR in the League. Given the fingernail level scrutiny NFL teams place on their first 3 picks I simply cannot help but believe his "draft future" would have looked better with another year at WR. A GREAT college athlete but the pros look for GREAT proven position athletes. Regardless, I with him well.

Peace

I think if he had returned and put up some impressive, all SEC caliber numbers out of the receiver position it would have bumped him up a bit. But the likelihood of that happening in our current offense makes it probably not worth the risk if he turns out to be early/mid 3rd round or better.

Peace
I think it helped Lynn tremendously! He showed how versatile he is and that he has a great fb IQ. He can be an asset in may different ways and is a total team player and leader.

Last edited:
I do not believe he would be recognized as how dynamic he is if he were only playing WR
This...you have a guy recognized as one of the t5 DCs in the country with a month+ plus to prepare and knew what was coming and still couldn't stop it. LB is/was arguably the most dynamic player in the country

Last edited:
anyway, money is very nice and can do a lot for a person, esp a young father but the memories Bowden will keep for a lifetime! I am betting 10-15 years from now he will say he wouldn't trade his last season at UK for anything.

I do not believe he would be recognized as how dynamic he is if he were only playing WR
This. Where's the evidence that an athlete play QB has issues making the transition? Are we supposed to believe an NFL staff has trouble teaching a player how to run a hook? There is a ton of evidence that this transition can not only be picked up quickly but even be one of the safest gambles a team can make.

Now don't get me wrong Lynn won't go ahead of Jerry Jeudy. Playing QB probably hurt him as far as being a top 5 overall pick. But unless he runs a 4.3 he probably wasn't going top 5 anyway. Showing his play making skills likely put Lynn at the top of the 2nd group of receivers that will go 2nd round or 3rd round. The only thing Lynn has to worry about is a poor showing at the combine. If he runs a decent speed he will be in the 2nd round.

Another thing to point out is these QBs that convert to WR usually end up in the slot so they aren't being asked to beat top NFL corners. They are basically being used similar to how they were in college. Just get them the ball in space and let them make the play. As a slot receiver Lynn isn't one of these 5'9" guys . He's a big and physical 6'1" and by playing QB this year he showed how physical he is. He probably doesn't get that chance if he stayed at receiver.

The only thing Lynn has to worry about is a poor showing at the combine. If he runs a decent speed he will be in the 2nd round.

Yes.

Lynn Bowden needs to devote enormous time and effort into becoming a quick starter in the 40. He might not be “faster,” but practice at it can shave time off the effort.

Peace

I think his best asset is the intangibles. He is a competitor and makes great moves with the ball, seems to pick the best path.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT