ADVERTISEMENT

Tent Frames Tailgating

You mean on campus???

I would shocked if anything goes up prior
to a week out.
Brace yourself, there were pictures posted on hob several weeks ago showing lots of tent frames up! Are they on campus? it looked like it, some were in the grassy areas just off some of the CWS lots!

LOL. If you haven’t staked your spot out by now, you’re SOL. I can say that with some knowledge of the situation.

FYI, new AG research building project eliminated the silver lot, the Grove across from it Farm Road, and the lot next to Good Barn. A number of orange lot spots impacted. We were displaced but fortunately staked out another spot. Hopefully it works out for us but we will be in the vicinity of RV’s now.

Good Luck if you’re thinking you still have time.

I drove by on Friday and frames are everywhere. Most of the green areas are full of frames.

Not having had tickets since 2019, what is this tent frame program? You mean people can put them up now for the season? Sounds like the Ole Miss Grove. Thanks.

Not having had tickets since 2019, what is this tent frame program? You mean people can put them up now for the season? Sounds like the Ole Miss Grove. Thanks.
Except the ole miss grove they pay for their spot, no? here, folks just set them up and leave them for months, no charge.

Reactions: vhcat70
Nah, the Grove actually enforces no tents until a very exact time on the Friday before a game.

Obviously i understand the need for more academic buildings etc, since it is a university after all, but sure seems they could be smarter where they decide to disrupt. Keep reducing tailgating space, especially green space, and especially in a time when the program is at basically never before seen heights, and you are asking for problems. It sure feels like that drove some of this extremely early activity thats rightfully rubbing people the wrong way because there is virtually no natural space left, which is stupid.

Tailgating is an integral part of the game and experience, which is one reason football popularity and attendance remains high while other sports drop. The school needs to set some strict common sense rules before someone in charge does something stupid and/or fans really come to blows, which will absolutely happen over some of these long held spots.

Reactions: phunterd
A sign says don’t setup until Aug 1. Seems no one follows it why even have rule if not enforced?
The University always puts up signs regarding that and never enforces it. When we discussed it with one of the people in charge that we've gotten to know over the years, he said the University doesn't want to get in the business of removing fans belongings. It's not a good look.

The good thing is that once somebody stakes out a spot, it's generally left alone for the most part. But I guess that's because if someone steals a space, the person it was stolen from knows where to find them.

Last edited:
Have team en route to check out status of our spot. Not feeling good about it. 🫤
Welp...our spot for last 8-10 yrs was gone. So we moved about 50 yds further away.

Did notice that the "poachers" didn't stake down their tent....so after first good storm, we get our spot back 😁

Except the ole miss grove they pay for their spot, no? here, folks just set them up and leave them for months, no charge.
Pretty much, Any grassy areas are up for grabs, but generally you need a parking pass for the lot adjacent to it. But I guess there are ways around that too, if you set up in a grove somewhere and just park off site somewhere.

Obviously i understand the need for more academic buildings etc, since it is a university after all, but sure seems they could be smarter where they decide to disrupt. Keep reducing tailgating space, especially green space, and especially in a time when the program is at basically never before seen heights, and you are asking for problems. It sure feels like that drove some of this extremely early activity thats rightfully rubbing people the wrong way because there is virtually no natural space left, which is stupid.

Tailgating is an integral part of the game and experience, which is one reason football popularity and attendance remains high while other sports drop. The school needs to set some strict common sense rules before someone in charge does something stupid and/or fans really come to blows, which will absolutely happen over some of these long held spots.
Not sure what's going to happen once the AG research building is actually open. a lot of that space that was taken, Farm Road, the Grove, etc. will become some type of green space with sidewalks and such. I'm not sure if tailgaters will be able to use any of that green space for tailgating once the project is complete, but that's probably 3 seasons from now.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Not sure what's going to happen once the AG research building is actually open. a lot of that space that was taken, Farm Road, the Grove, etc. will become some type of green space with sidewalks and such. I'm not sure if tailgaters will be able to use any of that green space for tailgating once the project is complete, but that's probably 3 seasons from now.

I would say people will tailgate around it if there is any green space adjacent to the orange lot. BCTC has tents all around it in the green lot for comparison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT