ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee

man...the way you guys twist

you don’t think our class improves before next week?

we went 5-3 in SEC play and no matter how you try to downgrade that.... you didn’t have a winning record. We beat all the traditional bottom half teams and gave bama their money’s worth. I’d say the dawg fans would like to have Chaney back and bama’s D has certainly fallen off since Pruitt left.

I expect UK to be better mainly because of the falloff by scar, vandy, mizzou

hate on though

where to start...yep, your class will get better just like everyone elses. you have 18 commits. you can count the top 20. you maybe pass two teams in front of you. we have 16 commits and are in strong on about 4 additional 4 stars.
your class will be ranked right at where you're will.
Yoi went 5-3 and also had the worst lose on 40 years. embarrassing. And Alabama lost their QB half way through that game and couldn't care less about playing youm. they think your program is such a joke compared to there's at this point.
but enjoy the 4 point win. and thanks for the recruits. like I said, your brand is weak. cant remember the last time you were relevant and could come into Kentucky for a recruit.

we went 5-3 in SEC play and no matter how you try to downgrade that.... you didn’t have a winning record. We beat all the traditional bottom half teams and gave bama their money’s worth. I’d say the dawg fans would like to have Chaney back and bama’s D has certainly fallen off since Pruitt left.

hate on though

“Because of falloff”. It just isn’t in the most entitled and pompous fanbase to give credit.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
We have to start beating Tennessee as often or more as they do us,to be considered a real SEC football program. Totally frustrating to not beat them like we should,like this year. Despise the big orange!

hate on though
You didn't really give Bama their "money's worth". Not really.

Never said that or even implied it.

Your quote, " Now UK will spend days in Charlotte trying to wrestle pub from UNC/Duke basketball, good luck with that, while TN is in Florida in the hot bed of HS football recruits. Tell me who has the advantage there?" By reading this it sounds like you implied it.

Tennessee will have a four-star linebacker that was suspended this year over a video that had him threatening cops and was suspended. Most teams would have cut him loose but not Tennessee! But a young lady had a no contact order against him also. According to wnml radio, he has done everything Pruitt & Fulmer have asked him to do and it was really hard!

He was kicked off the team. At this point there is no known public plan in place and requirements for him to rejoin the team. It was way past suspension. That said I expect them to bring him back and I think they probably gave him a path and plan to do so but it has not been acknowledged. You think because someone has a troubled time in their life and says some really stupid and crazy things and gets an order against them (which we don’t know the details behind) that they should be given up on in life and exiled forever? What he said and did was pretty despicable but everyone deserves a chance to show they are more than a couple mistakes in life

Your quote, " Now UK will spend days in Charlotte trying to wrestle pub from UNC/Duke basketball, good luck with that, while TN is in Florida in the hot bed of HS football recruits. Tell me who has the advantage there?" By reading this it sounds like you implied it.
Sorry if it's misleading, wasn't meant to be. Actually very simple...when recruits access their local media they'll see stories about TN and TN football. Will that be enough to influence young minds? Who knows. Nowhere did I say because TN's playing in the game they'll pick up recruits a year or two from now. But I assure you it'll be on their minds. Future recruits will attend TN practices and TN will attend recruit's workouts. Gives them a leg up UK could've had if they had been chosen for the game. That's OK I guess, we'll go to Belk and get us a new shirt and tie.

He was kicked off the team. At this point there is no known public plan in place and requirements for him to rejoin the team. It was way past suspension. That said I expect them to bring him back and I think they probably gave him a path and plan to do so but it has not been acknowledged. You think because someone has a troubled time in their life and says some really stupid and crazy things and gets an order against them (which we don’t know the details behind) that they should be given up on in life and exiled forever? What he said and did was pretty despicable but everyone deserves a chance to show they are more than a couple mistakes in life
Just like the DB who threatened mass murder by "shooting up the school?"

Reactions: no1gman
Sorry if it's misleading, wasn't meant to be. Actually very simple...when recruits access their local media they'll see stories about TN and TN football. Will that be enough to influence young minds? Who knows. Nowhere did I say because TN's playing in the game they'll pick up recruits a year or two from now. But I assure you it'll be on their minds. Future recruits will attend TN practices and TN will attend recruit's workouts. Gives them a leg up UK could've had if they had been chosen for the game. That's OK I guess, we'll go to Belk and get us a new shirt and tie.

Going anywhere with what injuries we had to put up with and the amount of experience we lost is actually amazing. Would I have liked the Gator Bowl, heck yeah, but its better then being Nebraska and sitting home watching it on TV.

Reactions: mrschwump
He was kicked off the team because Prooots call to the KPD became public and UT couldnt sweep it under the rug. Theres a huge difference between making mistakes in life and threatening to kill police officers. That guy is a piece of sh!t and its shameful that your staff's first impulse was to try and cover for him. A good and honorable staff doesnt want someone like that anywhere close to their program. But, you're Tennessee so lets not kid ourselves.

Just like the DB who threatened mass murder by "shooting up the school?"

One situation is not the same as another and you know it. Obviously that is a much more dangerous threat but you can honestly tell me you have never said things in anger and in the heat of the moment as a 18 year old that you never actually meant and would do? I’m sure nothing to that extreme but I’m also equally sure you got mad at one point in your life and said something that there is no way you actually meant. It was young and dumb but needs to be taken seriously.

You really think this was a one time ever mistake this kid made. Kids like this have been sheltered and helped out of trouble because of their sports talent which in the end hurts them because they never learn a lesson because someone is always there to pay the bill for them. If they ever once had to paid for their mistake like lose their scolly, maybe they would be better people in the future but hey your team wears orange for a reason, you don't really care about the players or their bad actions.

You really think this was a one time ever mistake this kid made. Kids like this have been sheltered and helped out of trouble because of their sports talent which in the end hurts them because they never learn a lesson because someone is always there to pay the bill for them. If they ever once had to paid for their mistake like lose their scolly, maybe they would be better people in the future but hey your team wears orange for a reason, you don't really care about the players or their bad actions.

You know....I don’t know what mistakes this kid or any of the others including ones on your team made in their past so I’m not willing as a fan to throw any of them under the bus for a one or even two tile mistake in which no one was hurt. Repeated disrespect and behavior problems is a whole other issue. Lots of these kids come less than great backgrounds and they need some serious guidance and this is their chance. There will be hiccups but it just might change their entire life for the better moving forward.

One situation is not the same as another and you know it. Obviously that is a much more dangerous threat but you can honestly tell me you have never said things in anger and in the heat of the moment as a 18 year old that you never actually meant and would do? I’m sure nothing to that extreme but I’m also equally sure you got mad at one point in your life and said something that there is no way you actually meant. It was young and dumb but needs to be taken seriously.
I just know his wrist must be sore from the wet noodle flogging he received.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. UT, MSU and UK had an agreement with the SEC, UT would go to the MCB and play Louisville and sell out most likely, MSU would go to the Belk Bowl and UK would play IU in the Gator Bowl. It's why it was announced so early by many media folks. Phat Phil reneged and everyone scrambled at the last moment. Selfishly I am glad, because I would much rather play Va Tech than IU. No one cares if you beat IU in football. The Gator Bowl is on the 2nd after everyone has already went back to work, and the Belk Bowl is a New Years Eve Bowl at a good time slot. Its so funny to listen to UT fans on social media, crow about pushing UK out of the Gator Bowl, because our fanbase doesn't travel, yada yada yada, same ole stupid, uneducated, ill-informed UK football talking points......but hey, yall still think it's 1998, so I understand the recycled comments.

If UT won 13 games, we'd be in the playoffs and LSU wouldn't.

He was kicked off the team because Prooots call to the KPD became public and UT couldnt sweep it under the rug. Theres a huge difference between making mistakes in life and threatening to kill police officers. That guy is a piece of sh!t and its shameful that your staff's first impulse was to try and cover for him. A good and honorable staff doesnt want someone like that anywhere close to their program. But, you're Tennessee so lets not kid ourselves.
Yep. No standards, and a screwed up understanding of the word "pride".

You know....I don’t know what mistakes this kid or any of the others including ones on your team made in their past so I’m not willing as a fan to throw any of them under the bus for a one or even two tile mistake in which no one was hurt. Repeated disrespect and behavior problems is a whole other issue. Lots of these kids come less than great backgrounds and they need some serious guidance and this is their chance. There will be hiccups but it just might change their entire life for the better moving forward.

Hey I’m a second chance guy myself but as you see with Bengal pro players who were never punished for their crimes and problems, they only get worse because they got 3rd, 4th, and 5th chances and never learned that it was wrong to do crimes. That’s the problem.

Hey I’m a second chance guy myself but as you see with Bengal pro players who were never punished for their crimes and problems, they only get worse because they got 3rd, 4th, and 5th chances and never learned that it was wrong to do crimes. That’s the problem.
He might screw up again. Odds are pretty good. If and that’s a big if he gets back on the team then we will see.

Over the last 10 years UT’s record is 68-68. During 5 of the last 10 years they have had losing records despite having far superior talent than UK. Years ago UT was an annual top ten team. Now, their fan base has been relegated to talking smack with UK fans about the mediocre Gator Bowl. My how far the once mighty Tennessee program has fallen.
This.

Someone posted this after they beat us and I agree.

I have come to accept the fact that we are Tennessee's bitch in football. No more denying it and I've been a UK fan for 50 years.

Reactions: UKat1

I have come to accept the fact that we are Tennessee's bitch in football. No more denying it and I've been a UK fan for 50 years.
:rolleyes:
You probably live in Somerset and already have UT sportswear for "situational use". Am I right?

Just win baby win!!! The coaches will take care of recruiting!

UK is nobody's bitch anymore. Is it a head scratcher why we haven't beaten Fla 4 of the last 5 or losing to the filthy orange cheaters...hell yes, but we are going to turn this around. This season was a total disappointment in both games, certainly nothing to be ashamed of, but being pissed and disappointed. Both fan bases, and ours, know we should have won both games.

UK is nobody's bitch anymore. Is it a head scratcher why we haven't beaten Fla 4 of the last 5 or losing to the filthy orange cheaters...hell yes, but we are going to turn this around. This season was a total disappointment in both games, certainly nothing to be ashamed of, but being pissed and disappointed. Both fan bases, and ours, know we should have won both games.

Seems to me you shouldn’t have won our game. For one you got really lucky Warrior stepped out of bounds. Our one handed QB beat you.

Seems to me you shouldn’t have won our game. For one you got really lucky Warrior stepped out of bounds. Our one handed QB beat you.
To each their own. Sincerely disagree, but to the victory goes the spoils. Bet your A$$ was as tight as could be on 2nd and 11/2...Oh. and we had our best WR playing qb.

Last edited:
No disrespect sir, but you obviously don't read your own newspapers or listen to any of the Vol radio sports shows. The Vols win over #12 UK was touted over and over in the local papers and on the talk shows as the greatest win of the season last year.
And your come from behind squeaker this year turned your season around whether you want to admit it or not.
Just try to tell me you weren't sweating bullets when we had the ball 1st and goal on your 6 yard line with 2 minutes to go in the game.

It took a huge brain fart by Stoops and Gran who were more concerned with scoring too early and leaving too much time on the clock for UT than they were concerned about scoring first and getting the lead, that allowed UT to survive and win a game where they got whipped all over the field and UK won every stat except the one that counts.

Tell me what you as a long time Vol fan would think about CJP and this Vol team if they lose that game. Be honest. The Vol fans would be calling for CJP head on a platter if you were 6-6 and lost to UK.

Now tell me that the UK win wasn't the biggest win of the season for the Vols. Your season is a total disaster if you lose that game, and all you Vol fans know it.

You also know you got lucky. Your luck will run out one day, and as far as your obnoxious AD, write this down. Karma is a botch, and it is coming your way. I really think Vols are paying for his previous dirty tactics in years past.
When we are fighting over the same bowl game, that should tell you how similar our programs really are right now.

Must really suck for you to be on the same level as UK.

You better believe I was sweating bullets when you guys were on the goal line. So was 100% of the UT fanbase.

The thing with Pruitt and UT fan attitude was he had already done enough to live to fight another day if you guys win that one. You were favored by Vegas, you had 2 weeks prep and rest and it was at Lexington.

I wouldn't have bet on it mainly because of the 2 weeks thing. When it was 13-0, I'd have bet $1000 on UK.

Greatest win of the season it may have been because we didn't beat a real good team, but, the OP said UT fans saw it as our super bowl for 2 seasons running and that's just never gonna be accurate. We typically expect to beat you guys even if we don't, beating UF, UGA and Bama always would be a much huger deal with us.

I don't subscribe to Karma. It's a Hindu thing and I am a Christian.

False... I was born in Knoxville and have lived here ever since. I loathe every single UT fan, literally hate them. I didn’t go to a company Christmas function because they had Sterling “bad check cashing” Henton as the DJ.

Yea, but, you hating everyone in Knoxville doesn't seem a reasonable response to my post. I wasn't arguing you should love the people of Knoxville.

BTW, Sterling bugs me, too. Because of the way he treated his son, I don't care about his other flaws.

I believe the Vols get Baron, but still think UK will get Oxendine. Either team getting both would be a great haul.

I agree with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKat1
Winning seven games in this year's ****** SEC East is nothing to brag about. As my favorite CO used to say "just because the tide has gone out, does not mean the pier has gotten taller." UT did the same thing one year under Butch (think they even wound up in the same bowl). The got lucky and caught a bunch of teams in bad spots- who really is what you would call a quality win for them this year? Us, with a WR at QB, is their best one.
Kentucky has never been and never will be a best win for TN. Do you really not understand by now that TN fans automatically count KY as a Win every single year without even considering what you have on your roster. You are over the last 30 years a guaranteed win. Think about that. There is a greater chance of being struck by lighting at a TN game than getting beat by KY. It doesn’t matter how we play. We will beat you outright or you will give the game away to us. It is a 30 year tradition. When you brag and spout off its like a funny little kid and we smile and laugh. We do not deem you a threat or even a nuisance because for three decades you have been our speed bump. Respect is earned. Has UK earned any from TN? That is the cold facts and why every KY fan hates TN. It eats at your souls because you can neither explain it nor can you change it. You know as sure as the sun will rise that KY will loose to TN. You can’t admit it but you know it and we know it. We don’t hate or really even dislike you. Your hatred and ramblings are amusing. Out of every team on the schedule we are concerned about UK the least. We wish you success and are thankful you are on our schedule. Our team and coaches love you, and your team is a welcome and comforting sight, especially when our team is bad. As a vol, you can always, and I mean always count on UK for a win.

Kentucky has never been and never will be a best win for TN. Do you really not understand by now that TN fans automatically count KY as a Win every single year without even considering what you have on your roster. You are over the last 30 years a guaranteed win. Think about that. There is a greater chance of being struck by lighting at a TN game than getting beat by KY. It doesn’t matter how we play. We will beat you outright or you will give the game away to us. It is a 30 year tradition. When you brag and spout off its like a funny little kid and we smile and laugh. We do not deem you a threat or even a nuisance because for three decades you have been our speed bump. Respect is earned. Has UK earned any from TN? That is the cold facts and why every KY fan hates TN. It eats at your souls because you can neither explain it nor can you change it. You know as sure as the sun will rise that KY will loose to TN. You can’t admit it but you know it and we know it. We don’t hate or really even dislike you. Your hatred and ramblings are amusing. Out of every team on the schedule we are concerned about UK the least. We wish you success and are thankful you are on our schedule. Our team and coaches love you, and your team is a welcome and comforting sight, especially when our team is bad. As a vol, you can always, and I mean always count on UK for a win.

The fact you're here spouting off for paragraphs on end sure says something, as does what you're saying and the hyperbole you're employing. You're just too dense to realize it.

UT has a wounded, insecure, twisted fanbase, and you're a perfect example of that. Never seen anything quite like it.

Reactions: catben and oddis500

LOL out of all of this verbal diarrhea, you still never said what win was better than Kentucky.

But the fact that you bookmarked a post from DECEMBER 9th and then came back to respond in an effort to SHOW HOW LITTLE WE MATTER is awesome.

But anyway, Im legitimately interested in who you think your best win was. UAB? 6-7 MSU?4-8 South Carolina? If you don't think it's Kentucky, that's fine, I'm just curious as to who you think it is.

Reactions: catben

ESAD....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT