ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee

Tennessee is buttcheeks dude. The sooner you guys realize it and stop accepting mediocre or losing seasons, the sooner you can get back to national relevance. Beating South Carolina is not much of an accomplishment. They suck.

we finished strong and have a lot to build on now. Our Freshmen were very good this year and a great clas coming in

future is bright

Reactions: bassmaster_vol
no
Yes
Sucked

how was losing to us for the umpteenth time

Hey as long as we don’t lose to a low shelf Sun Belt team I’m good. But you don’t make our loss special because you end up losing to a GA State or Vandy, which shows inconsistency and a lack of decent coaching in your program. For a program who were in contention for national championships in some past years, you’ve fallen as irrelevant as IU in basketball. And that is the real facts.

Last edited:
I don’t get a Tennessee fans woofing at UK fans about them going to the Gator Bowl and we are not. I didn’t realize the UT program had plummeted so far but upon review of their recent football record I see that it has. Over the last 10 years UT’s record is 68-68. During 5 of the last 10 years they have had losing records despite having far superior talent than UK. Years ago UT was an annual top ten team. Now, their fan base has been relegated to talking smack with UK fans about the mediocre Gator Bowl. My how far the once mighty Tennessee program has fallen.

Winning seven games in this year's ****** SEC East is nothing to brag about. As my favorite CO used to say "just because the tide has gone out, does not mean the pier has gotten taller." UT did the same thing one year under Butch (think they even wound up in the same bowl). The got lucky and caught a bunch of teams in bad spots- who really is what you would call a quality win for them this year? Us, with a WR at QB, is their best one.

Having been to gator and mcb I’m selfishly glad to do Belk even though it may not be as warm. It’s going to be easier to get to with 3 kids playing sports and we haven’t done it before. I personally like Charlotte more than Jax too...the only knock really is any potential weather disadvantage. I also prefer playing VaTech. That group of bowls are all about the same. We’re older so the gator name may resonate more with us than it does kids these days.

I’m mildly surprised UT backed out of mcb. As acknowledged publicly by Pruitt, Nashville is an area that they have not recruited well enough at all and don’t have enough of a presence there. Wildly growing area but consists of many transplants and people with no real affinity toward them. And they haven’t had any real recent success to rely on. While doing gator may provide some sort of narrative that seems irrelevant for one or two recruits this year it seems they would’ve gotten more long term mileage out of going to Nashville. To each his own. Looking forward to next year when we have our qb’s back and 17 other starters.

I have never posted on an opponents site before, I just read them.

Not being disrespectful, but, the OP is wrong. He's correct in saying we have sucked for a decade, no doubt. Our "claim to fame" isn't beating UK and at least in my lifetime( 65) it hasn't been.

The only claim we have is we did win this year and we had a 5-3 SEC record and your's was 3-5 so we felt we deserved first dibs on a bowl although which one I can't even figure out honestly. Some down here felt MCB was a better option for us( I think the UTAD was selling that for the revenue), the fans wanted a Florida bowl.

Reactions: UKat1
Some down here felt MCB was a better option for us( I think the UTAD was selling that for the revenue), the fans wanted a Florida bowl.

This is EXACTLY why Fulmer switched his preference at the last minute!! He was perfectly fine with going to Nashville because it was close to home and paid more money. However, there was a HUGE backlash to the fact that UK was going to the Gator in FL and UT was just going down I-40.

Phil got the message and made sure the Vol fans got a trip to Jacksonville and on top of that got one over on "Little Ole Kentucky" again. Now, Phil has gotten the UT faithful to forget all about the HORRIBLE start to the season and got a feather in his cap for his fan base.

Now, by going to the Gator, the Vols are playing a tougher opponent that can beat them. If they would have stuck with the MCB, they would have KILLED the Cards.

No offense, but I am pulling hard for the Hoosiers.:D

Last season the feather in the hat for the Vols was the win over Auburn. This season it was South Carolina following their win over Georgia. It was not ever a win over Kentucky.

So the feather in your hat was a win over a 4-8 football team? (One we happened to lose to this year due to our QBs being out and Lynn shoved into action).

You’ve fallen even further than I thought.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
This is EXACTLY why Fulmer switched his preference at the last minute!! He was perfectly fine with going to Nashville because it was close to home and paid more money. However, there was a HUGE backlash to the fact that UK was going to the Gator in FL and UT was just going down I-40.

Phil got the message and made sure the Vol fans got a trip to Jacksonville and on top of that got one over on "Little Ole Kentucky" again. Now, Phil has gotten the UT faithful to forget all about the HORRIBLE start to the season and got a feather in his cap for his fan base.

Now, by going to the Gator, the Vols are playing a tougher opponent that can beat them. If they would have stuck with the MCB, they would have KILLED the Cards.

No offense, but I am pulling hard for the Hoosiers.:D

I would if I was a Kentucky guy, too.

Phillip wasn't just good with the MCB, he wanted it for the much bigger payout. Winning doesn't beat more cash flow, I agree IU will be a tougher foe than Louisville.

Reactions: UKat1
We can spin it any way we want to. But we just got bitch slapped by phat Phil with the SEC holding our head still. What comes around goes around- you’ll get your turn and the sooner the better.

We can spin it any way we want to. But we just got bitch slapped by phat Phil with the SEC holding our head still. What comes around goes around- you’ll get your turn and the sooner the better.

Not what happened. UT had first dibs ahead of UK and MSU the entire time based on our SEC records and we beat both of you head to head .

All this talk of conspiracies and such( which UT people claim for Alabama and others like you do us) is silly. The records make these decisions, not politics. If UK or UT won 13 games, we'd be in the playoffs and LSU wouldn't.

The problem was UTAD wanted the MCB due to larger revenue and the people down here let Phillip know as soon as they let it out that was our destination we don't give a didly about his revenue, we want a vacation where it ain't freezing and snowing.

It all happened within 36 hours and Matt Jones made you guys think there was some big political conspiracy crap going on because that's what guys like Matt do to enhance his following, tell lies and stir up emotions.

I've heard Matt on our local radio, his MO is provocateur. That's all he's about and he's very talented at it, very talented guy. But, not trustworthy. We have them, too. They make a living keeping us hating each other and it's ridiculous, I'd be a UK fan if I was born there and you'd be a UT fan if you were born here.

The problem was UTAD wanted the MCB due to larger revenue and the people down here let Phillip know as soon as they let it out that was our destination we don't give a didly about his revenue, we want a vacation where it ain't freezing and snowing.
Hence the bitch slap by phat Phil and the SEC holding our head still for the slap. How does the SEC allow UT to backtrack on a deal already made? Phil agreed to the MCB then backed out. SEC should have held him to the agreement.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
If UK or UT won 13 games, we'd be in the playoffs and LSU wouldn't.

If UT had won 13 games, we'd have to be combining about three different seasons. You guys will suck worse next year than you did this year. It's who you are now. Enjoy it.

Hence the bitch slap by phat Phil and the SEC holding our head still for the slap. How does the SEC allow UT to backtrack on a deal already made? Phil agreed to the MCB then backed out. SEC should have held him to the agreement.

If it was what I'd call a finalized deal I'd agree. It wasn't, believe me the SEC doesn't march to Phillip's orders. I wish it did.

If UT had won 13 games, we'd have to be combining about three different seasons. You guys will suck worse next year than you did this year. It's who you are now. Enjoy it.

Thanks for the reminder! I hadn't noticed how awful UT has been for the last decade until now.

I kinda disagree with your future predictions, we'll see. I think Cornbread Pruitt is gonna have us competitive with the top teams here in a couple more seasons.

I will never understand UK fans who talk smack to UT. They OWN US. Just stop. The biggest black mark on UK this century is the continued failures against what is objectively a bad to mediocre UT program. Have they fallen from grace? Yes. They stink. They may be on the uptick, but even most of them are not confident that they are headed back to glory (they're hopeful, but they're not confident). Regardless, they beat UK every year. No matter what. This is pathetic.

UT should be UK's best rivalry. They're a peer (no, UL is not a peer; they're a city community college). Similar fanbases and resources. Both are big college brands. Both have devoted following. UT has upped their game in basketball. UK really needs to start beating them in football on a more regular basis.

I kinda disagree with your future predictions, we'll see. I think Cornbread Pruitt is gonna have us competitive with the top teams here in a couple more seasons.
I doubt it. He doesn't sound very bright (we had a coach here who didn't either), and usually not being very bright follows sounding that way. I guess there are exceptions... but not many. Good luck with him.

TN hasn't been relevant in SEC/college football in 20 years. It's disgusting, embarrassing and humiliating UK's only managed 2 paltry wins in that time. They have at least a 10 year losing streak to both UF and Bama in that time. Hell, even Vandy's beaten them 7-8 times. Yet they used an iron glove and outfought UK this bowl season. Who knows what Barnhart was doing last weekend, maybe choir practice ran late, but Phat was lobbying with the cowards in the SEC office and the corrupt Gator people to completely outflank UK on the bowl situation. TN took a healthy dump and rubbed UK's face in it and while UK was getting somewhat uppity, they with the SEC office, put UK in their place, kicking them all the way back to the plantation. Now UK will spend days in Charlotte trying to wrestle pub from UNC/Duke basketball, good luck with that, while TN is in Florida in the hot bed of HS football recruits. Tell me who has the advantage there?

Last season the feather in the hat for the Vols was the win over Auburn. This season it was South Carolina following their win over Georgia. It was not ever a win over Kentucky.

Congrats..you beat a 7-5 Auburn team last year and 4-8 South Carolina team that year as the feather in the cap...impressive.

enjoy this years win with a goal line stand against our WR playing QB. your program is clearly in juggernaut status just like 1998. thanks for the recruits..

If it was what I'd call a finalized deal I'd agree. It wasn't, believe me the SEC doesn't march to Phillip's orders. I wish it did.

Thanks for the reminder! I hadn't noticed how awful UT has been for the last decade until now.

All very solid and fair posts

You guys beat a Missouir team so bad they fired their coach, and a Vandy team that should have. Your win against us says more about us than you, unfortunately. There is ZERO signs UT is any better now than when they lost to Georgia State. You will suck next year, just like you have for years now. It really is who you are at this point.

we finished strong and have a lot to build on now. Our Freshmen were very good this year and a great clas coming in

future is bright

Your class is ranked #18 right now and will be about even with ours when finished so by your standard we both must have great classes. including 2 top guys we took you really wanted. I cant remember the last time UT took a player out of the state of Kentucky we wanted.
we had five guys drafted last year and you had zero. Our record over the last 5 years is better than yours.
holding onto the past is just that for you right now. the change in our programs has been taking place for years now. UK's program isn't going backwards. the wins will come.

I doubt it. He doesn't sound very bright (we had a coach here who didn't either), and usually not being very bright follows sounding that way. I guess there are exceptions... but not many. Good luck with him.

He really doesn't to be honest. I was pretty done with him after the GA State game myself added to the way 2018 ended. I've changed my mind as the season went along though.

We'll see here in a couple of years and I appreciate your kindness, I didn't intend to come here and be a troll.

I have never posted on an opponents site before, I just read them.

Not being disrespectful, but, the OP is wrong. He's correct in saying we have sucked for a decade, no doubt. Our "claim to fame" isn't beating UK and at least in my lifetime( 65) it hasn't been.

The only claim we have is we did win this year and we had a 5-3 SEC record and your's was 3-5 so we felt we deserved first dibs on a bowl although which one I can't even figure out honestly. Some down here felt MCB was a better option for us( I think the UTAD was selling that for the revenue), the fans wanted a Florida bowl.

No disrespect sir, but you obviously don't read your own newspapers or listen to any of the Vol radio sports shows. The Vols win over #12 UK was touted over and over in the local papers and on the talk shows as the greatest win of the season last year.
And your come from behind squeaker this year turned your season around whether you want to admit it or not.
Just try to tell me you weren't sweating bullets when we had the ball 1st and goal on your 6 yard line with 2 minutes to go in the game.

It took a huge brain fart by Stoops and Gran who were more concerned with scoring too early and leaving too much time on the clock for UT than they were concerned about scoring first and getting the lead, that allowed UT to survive and win a game where they got whipped all over the field and UK won every stat except the one that counts.

Tell me what you as a long time Vol fan would think about CJP and this Vol team if they lose that game. Be honest. The Vol fans would be calling for CJP head on a platter if you were 6-6 and lost to UK.

Now tell me that the UK win wasn't the biggest win of the season for the Vols. Your season is a total disaster if you lose that game, and all you Vol fans know it.

You also know you got lucky. Your luck will run out one day, and as far as your obnoxious AD, write this down. Karma is a botch, and it is coming your way. I really think Vols are paying for his previous dirty tactics in years past.
When we are fighting over the same bowl game, that should tell you how similar our programs really are right now.

Must really suck for you to be on the same level as UK.

Not what happened. UT had first dibs ahead of UK and MSU the entire time based on our SEC records and we beat both of you head to head .

All this talk of conspiracies and such( which UT people claim for Alabama and others like you do us) is silly. The records make these decisions, not politics. If UK or UT won 13 games, we'd be in the playoffs and LSU wouldn't.

It all happened within 36 hours and Matt Jones made you guys think there was some big political conspiracy crap going on because that's what guys like Matt do to enhance his following, tell lies and stir up emotions.

I've heard Matt on our local radio, his MO is provocateur. That's all he's about and he's very talented at it, very talented guy. But, not trustworthy. We have them, too. They make a living keeping us hating each other and it's ridiculous, I'd be a UK fan if I was born there and you'd be a UT fan if you were born here.

False... I was born in Knoxville and have lived here ever since. I loathe every single UT fan, literally hate them. I didn’t go to a company Christmas function because they had Sterling “bad check cashing” Henton as the DJ.

Reactions: no1gman
Your class is ranked #18 right now and will be about even with ours when finished so by your standard we both must have great classes. including 2 top guys we took you really wanted. I cant remember the last time UT took a player out of the state of Kentucky we wanted.
we had five guys drafted last year and you had zero. Our record over the last 5 years is better than yours.
holding onto the past is just that for you right now. the change in our programs has been taking place for years now. UK's program isn't going backwards. the wins will come.

man...the way you guys twist

you don’t think our class improves before next week?

we went 5-3 in SEC play and no matter how you try to downgrade that.... you didn’t have a winning record. We beat all the traditional bottom half teams and gave bama their money’s worth. I’d say the dawg fans would like to have Chaney back and bama’s D has certainly fallen off since Pruitt left.

I expect UK to be better mainly because of the falloff by scar, vandy, mizzou

hate on though

Reactions: bassmaster_vol
TN hasn't been relevant in SEC/college football in 20 years. It's disgusting, embarrassing and humiliating UK's only managed 2 paltry wins in that time. They have at least a 10 year losing streak to both UF and Bama in that time. Hell, even Vandy's beaten them 7-8 times. Yet they used an iron glove and outfought UK this bowl season. Who knows what Barnhart was doing last weekend, maybe choir practice ran late, but Phat was lobbying with the cowards in the SEC office and the corrupt Gator people to completely outflank UK on the bowl situation. TN took a healthy dump and rubbed UK's face in it and while UK was getting somewhat uppity, they with the SEC office, put UK in their place, kicking them all the way back to the plantation. Now UK will spend days in Charlotte trying to wrestle pub from UNC/Duke basketball, good luck with that, while TN is in Florida in the hot bed of HS football recruits. Tell me who has the advantage there?

So great recruits are going to UT just because of a Gator Bowl? They need way more then that, the past proves it.

fulmer.jpg
Damn those donuts look good

Tennessee will have a four-star linebacker that was suspended this year over a video that had him threatening cops and was suspended. Most teams would have cut him loose but not Tennessee! But a young lady had a no contact order against him also. According to wnml radio, he has done everything Pruitt & Fulmer have asked him to do and it was really hard!

Reactions: CB3UK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT