ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee flag flying on UK campus?

Oct 1, 2021
I was at UK Med Center yesterday. I look out the window. There is a parking garage under construction with a crane attached. There is an orange checked flag flying from the top of it. That needs to be taken down ASAP

Reactions: JrandoUK
I was at UK Med Center yesterday. I look out the window. There is a parking garage under construction with a crane attached. There is an orange checked flag flying from the top of it. That needs to be taken down ASAP

Not sure who, but someone pretty high up the chain at UK, should confront the construction superintend and demand it be removed.

I see this happening all over the country. I don't think it is right. It gives UT a hugh recruiting advantage 😀😃🙂

I don't know about a recruiting advantage, I just see it as disrespecting the place that is putting a roof over his family's head and food on their table. But what is one to expect from the most disrespectful fanbase in the country.

During baseball season there was a piece of construction equipment between Commonwealth and KPP that had a UT flag. If it hadn't been locked up behind a fence, I would have made sure that flag disappeared.

It is a standard construction safety flag and has nothing to do with Tennessee.

Yep. Aviation construction equipment flag to be exact. Required by Kentucky Airport Zoning rules when a crane is in the vicinity of an airfield or airspace. In this instance - the hospital helicopter pad.

Reactions: UKPRO
I don't know about a recruiting advantage, I just see it as disrespecting the place that is putting a roof over his family's head and food on their table. But what is one to expect from the most disrespectful fanbase in the country.

Dude….😂….its used on cranes to mark for aircraft

Still in that noggin

Reactions: FtWorthCat
Dude….😂….its used on cranes to mark for aircraft

Still in that noggin
If that's what it is, fine. But to Grumpy's point, there are times things like this happen and the consequences are not good. Several years ago, I had read a story about Coca-Cola ordering a fleet of trucks from whatever automaker/autocenter. When the trucks arrived, the receiver at Coke was to inspect them and check them in. He found a driver had left an empty Pepsi can in one of the cabs. He notified his superiors and they called said auto rep and said order is cancelled, if you think we're spending millions with you and your people don't have enough sense to show us courtesy and respect, we'll find someone who does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT