ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks MV. No doubt you guys will continue pulling in the hosses

Recruiting had never really been our issue in this never ending down cycle. Coaching, development, recruiting the right players have been our thorn. This staff has shown well to the development side. Multiple coaching changes are just brutal and I don't wish it on anyone
Kentucky is a great example. Stoops has brought development, continuity, and solid coaching. Much more important than recruiting imo but you need them all to really hit the next level.

Our coaching staff really wanted Rybka and Ox. Two good wins for UK there. Baron wanted drama in his recruitment but he's always been a UT kid.

We are hoping we found a Bowden type kid in Jimmy Holiday. Fun film to.watch of you're bored today. Lol

How many coaches have y'all had in the last decade? Does Lane being at Ole Miss burn your behind? Remember when UT was a national power? Remember when AOL was still relevant?

You know it’s decent times when UT fans are hanging out on a UK board on NSD.
I have never been to a UT board and certainly don’t hang out there worrying about basketball recruiting.
They fact that they are here, says a lot.
GBB

You guys have a free board...it invites other fans. Most vol fans are here because ya’ll get a couple 4 stars and think you’ll win the east because of it. It’s entertainment
And yet here you Vol fans are, with 40+ four stars and 4-5 five stars on your roster losing to Georgia State and BYU and struggling mightily to beat UK with a wr at QB.
And tell me quickly, what are Vol fans thinking about were they will finish in the SEC East next year.
I'll wait right here.

Let me help breakdown why UK fans are excited in the most simple way possibly so that the several Vol fans lurking the board can comprehend.

UK has had some pretty decent success and seen some terrific player development over the past 4 years or so while bringing in solid recruiting classes that consist mostly of 3 star players with a few 4 star guys sprinkled in here and there. We've been competitive in the East (have even had a couple opportunities late in the season to win the East but were not able to capitalize) have been to 4 straight bowl games, and had a 10 win season during this time frame.

The 2020 class is already the best class in the history of the program with several 4 star players and an elite 5 star guy coming in, and the class is likely to get even better. Not to even mention the transfers coming in like Kelvin Joseph and Joey Gatewood. You apply the same high-level player development to a higher level of talent and you would only expect for the success of the next 4 years to surpass the success of the past 4. With this higher level of recruiting that UK is experiencing, why would UK fans not expect to have a shot to win the East at some point in the next few years, considering we have come pretty close to doing so at times during the past 4 seasons?

What are you thinking bring logic and common sense to an argument with a UT fan?

Let me help breakdown why UK fans are excited in the most simple way possibly so that the several Vol fans lurking the board can comprehend.

UK has had some pretty decent success and seen some terrific player development over the past 4 years or so while bringing in solid recruiting classes that consist mostly of 3 star players with a few 4 star guys sprinkled in here and there. We've been competitive in the East (have even had a couple opportunities late in the season to win the East but were not able to capitalize) have been to 4 straight bowl games, and had a 10 win season during this time frame.

The 2020 class is already the best class in the history of the program with several 4 star players and an elite 5 star guy coming in, and the class is likely to get even better. Not to even mention the transfers coming in like Kelvin Joseph and Joey Gatewood. You apply the same high-level player development to a higher level of talent and you would only expect for the success of the next 4 years to surpass the success of the past 4. With this higher level of recruiting that UK is experiencing, why would UK fans not expect to have a shot to win the East at some point in the next few years, considering we have come pretty close to doing so at times during the past 4 seasons?

ive been here for years
Dude honestly the reality is this ! For years UTs claim to being a football power was based on winning 4 games in November . Two of those games being UK and Vandy a bunny and a rotational SEc west team . UK and Vandy sucks and on years the SEC west team sucked UT would run the table and pump up their 4/3 3/4 record to 8 or 9 wins . That’s the truth your opinion of your greatness was built on the backs of piss poor programs that refused to win . However when Vandy and UK started to win a few you guys melted . Like the toothless wonder professional wrestling fandom you are you fired and hired coaches at drop of a hat and burned down your program.
We will have to see if you can become a legend in your own mind again but it gonna be a lot harder after days like today lol.

Reactions: RunninRichie
How many coaches have y'all had in the last decade? Does Lane being at Ole Miss burn your behind? Remember when UT was a national power? Remember when AOL was still relevant?
May not be relevant but 31 of the last 33 years you have looked at the scoreboard and lost! Rick Barnes has beat UK in basketball more times in the last 2 years and more in his 4 year career at UT than UK has beat UT in football in the last 40 years! Just saying. When you throw in UF and UGA what a record for Stoops 2 -19!

And yet here you Vol fans are, with 40+ four stars and 4-5 five stars on your roster losing to Georgia State and BYU and struggling mightily to beat UK with a wr at QB.
And tell me quickly, what are Vol fans thinking about were they will finish in the SEC East next year.
I'll wait right here.

One thing is for sure...we will finish ahead of Kentucky. Literally nobody talking about winning the east looking at our commit list. It’s cute though watching KY fans do it over getting a handful of 4 stars. You guys are new to football so I’ll let it slide

May not be relevant but 31 of the last 33 years you have looked at the scoreboard and lost! Rick Barnes has beat UK in basketball more times in the last 2 years and more in his 4 year career at UT than UK has beat UT in football in the last 40 years! Just saying. When you throw in UF and UGA what a record for Stoops 2 -19!
Still the bottom line is this if and when you lose to UK your season and program goes up in flames almost yearly your coach will be in the position if he loses to UK he is gone lol because you can’t beat UGA or UF (like 17 or 18 in a row )either lol .Hell you have lost to Vandy 3 of last 4 you are a full blown member of the have nots in SEC lol.

Reactions: KYFanInAL
And how many Final Fours or National Titles does UT have to show for it? Oh yeah none because just like IU you measure your success on how many times you beat UK and now you do it in Football too. :joy:

I think the excitement goes beyond simply this recruiting class. Stoops has built our depth to the point that we are able to redshirt the bulk of our recruits. Being able to redshirt the entire 2018 class was remarkable.

But you look at the depth we have on the O-line and all over the defense, it's hard not to let our football fantasies run wild. Historically Kentucky has had to get by with these units only having 1 or 2 studs and a lot of smoke/mirrors. Since Stoops started getting his recruits in our rankings have risen dramatically.

Kentucky Scoring Defense (Total Defense)

2013 - #90 (92)
2014 - #95 (77)
2015 - #68 (60)
2016 - #88 (88)
2017 - #75 (92)
2018 - #6 (21)
2019 - #12 (20)

The past 2 years have been amazing. And the depth we are building on that side of the ball suggests we can sustain that.

Our Rushing offense has also jumped forward with the depth we have built in the O-line.

2013 - #86
2014 - #80
2015 - #79
2016 - #20
2017 - #68
2018 - #35
2019 - #4

These trends are why we are justifiably excited about the direction of the program.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I don’t get all the hate coming from so many Vol fans on this site

UK has a solid class. And stacked up at the positions they develop well. You guys are def moving forward

The “sec east” talk is maybe a little overboard but that’s what fans are supposed to do.

With that said, Vols have a top 10 class now. And with Morven Joseph popping this afternoon, Hardy back in mix, Darnell Washington battle, and Bailey possibly getting his 5th star it does feel good. Top 5 finish is looking more possible

Feels like the rivalry between UK and UT is resurfacing a bit. I think that’s apparent by all our fans showing up here. But looks like you guys gotta keep working to keep up with what Pruitts staff is putting together

One thing is for sure...we will finish ahead of Kentucky. Literally nobody talking about winning the east looking at our commit list. It’s cute though watching KY fans do it over getting a handful of 4 stars. You guys are new to football so I’ll let it slide

Right, news flash..you've finished behind UK in SEC rankings 3 of the last 4 years.

it always makes me laugh when I hear you pin your supposed current dominance on history.
I went to UK in the 90s and watched a lot of football. UT ALWAYS looked like Men among boys those days with us. Now..not even close.
And I wouldn't trade our OL and DL haul over yours. we straight up best you for the following head to head:
5 star DT-Rogers
4 star DT Rybka
4 star DT Oxendine(knock on wood)
4 star DE Anale
This will end up a Top 5 Dline class in the country!

. Bottom line...this ain't your daddies rivalry. We are going to stomp your ass in the trenches for years to come

UK has a solid class. And stacked up at the positions they develop well. You guys are def moving forward

The “sec east” talk is maybe a little overboard but that’s what fans are supposed to do.

With that said, Vols have a top 10 class now. And with Morven Joseph popping this afternoon, Hardy back in mix, Darnell Washington battle, and Bailey possibly getting his 5th star it does feel good. Top 5 finish is looking more possible

Feels like the rivalry between UK and UT is resurfacing a bit. I think that’s apparent by all our fans showing up here. But looks like you guys gotta keep working to keep up with what Pruitts staff is putting together
Getting talent and coaching it up are two different things. We were a 11/2 yd and a 6" fg goal from finishing second in East l think.

Last edited:
Reactions: smokey1kenobi
Right, news flash..you've finished behind UK in SEC rankings 3 of the last 4 years.

it always makes me laugh when I hear you pin your supposed current dominance on history.
I went to UK in the 90s and watched a lot of football. UT ALWAYS looked like Men among boys those days with us. Now..not even close.
And I wouldn't trade our OL and DL haul over yours. we straight up best you for the following head to head:
5 star DT-Rogers
4 star DT Rybka
4 star DT Oxendine(knock on wood)
4 star DE Anale
This will end up a Top 5 Dline class in the country!

. Bottom line...this ain't your daddies rivalry. We are going to stomp your ass in the trenches for years to come

Rogers is the only one I’d take over the guys we have if you go player to player but your going to stomp us in the years to come...got it

Reactions: butchna

And where do you stand when you factor in the talent of TWO 6.0 four stars transfers? No, they don't count in the recruiting standings, but they certainly count in the raw talent we are bringing in. When is the last time we finished barely behind you in the SEC recruiting race? What kind of transfers have you brought in, really don't know or care too much, but my guess is there aren't many programs that have brought in two more impressive transfers, and it doesn't matter how they got here, they will make a great deal of difference in the coming years. Add them the most four stars and our first legit out of state FIVE star in this class, last years freshmen that ALL redshirted, plus a slew of outstanding returning talent, and UK's future vs Thug U's looks very bright. When was your last SEC COTY? Very fortuitous that both you AND Florida won games against us this year when we should have won both, and with the QB debacle Stoops and our other coaches had another outstanding year.

Can you remember not too long ago when you had FIVE each FIVE STARS in one class? Probably not.

You didn't kick anyone's ass. You are a schlub on another team's message board.
Take it easy on the guy hes from Tennessee plus his parents are brother and sister.......that leaves him with the mental capacity of a 3yr old. Just be proud he put together a sentence, albeit a incorrect one.

Pruitt is getting it done in recruiting. You match that with player development and depth UT will have that lightning.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention there wasn’t a little luck involved—but that goes for any team. Les Miles knows about that.

Reactions: smokey1kenobi

This is so easy to dismantle. Let's take a look at your "recent success" in the SEC.

2016 - Tied for second, but really you were 4th behind TN and UGA, and two games back.

2017 - Third, and three games back.

2018 - Second, and got blasted by UGA. In order to win the East you would have had to beat UGA, and Tennessee. You didn't come close, losing by a combined 34 points in your best season since when?

2019 - Fourth.

My question to you would be, when were you ever REALLY in contention to win the east late in the year? UGA is miles ahead of you (and us), you have beat Tennessee twice since 1985 by a combined 6 points. Is that your definition of "opportunity" to win the East?

Let me break down the reality for you on the recruiting front. You have finished 5th in the East in the last three classes, by a substantial margin, and have been either tied or finished behind your permanent west opponent all three years. Your future alternating west opponents are Auburn, LSU, and probably Alabama, who you obviously also have finished well behind in recruiting.

Now, you're basing your future contention for the East on this historic 2020 Kentucky recruiting class, and the unknown potential of a couple transfers.It's a recruiting class that is still going to finish around 20th, 4th in your own division, just a few spots higher than South Carolina and Mississippi State, and well behind your future alternating west opponents.

I have to ask you man, where are your wins going to come from? Georgia is recruiting light years above everyone in the East. Florida and Tennessee's past and current classes are significantly better than your historic class. South Carolina has out recruited you over the last four years, and is barely behind you this year. Mississippi State has out recruited, or at least been on par with you, over the last four years. You likely the draw toughest 3 west opponents in the next three years, and I'm sure this doesn't need to be repeated again, but all three have substantially out recruited you. To top ALL of that off, you have beaten Tennessee and Florida exactly THREE times combined over the last 33 years.

So again, where are your wins going to come from?

Note: This is not to say that Tennessee will fare much better in the next several years, it's just a clearly much needed dose of reality for you Cats.

First time you ever had sex outside of your own family?
tenor.gif

Reactions: Pike 96

And you have one elite eight in your illustrious basketball history.
So you are a fan of Pruitt? Probably was a fan of Butch. Probably was a fan of Dooley. Probably a fan of Lane's.
I hope you can finish higher than 3rd in the east next year, being a football school and all.

Reactions: jauk11
And you have one elite eight in your illustrious basketball history.
So you are a fan of Pruitt? Probably was a fan of Butch. Probably was a fan of Dooley. Probably a fan of Lane's.
I hope you can finish higher than 3rd in the east next year, being a football school and all.
Please don’t do this

Have problems with reading comprehension? I didn't mention anything about your recruiting list. I live in TN. I already know what your fans' expectations are for next year......without this year's recruits.
Can you at least be honest enough to admit it?

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT