ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Swift

Can't say she's the most overrated but definitely overrated in my opinion. Both musically and physically. She's probably got 200 million or more dollar bills to wipe away the tears she'll cry when she finds out I don't like her music or think she's not much better than about a 5. (Tall, gawky and horse faced just doesn't do it for me).

You're welcome.

The_More_You_Know_0-0_screenshot.png

Closest thing to a true cult I can remember, other than actual consensus cults. The amount of money people are spending is shocking enough. But now they act when they go to these shows or hear her songs....

Also 0% chance that's her unedited body in that bikini. She has zero a$$. I only say zero because it's impossible to have negative a$$.

She's okay. There are better, but there are also much worse.
Yep. Attractive, but there are many more out there that are better. I could not name a song she sings and the only reason I know who she is, is because of her commercials. Still, I wood.

Reactions: christophero
I’ll never understand it much like I didnt with Britney Spears. Take the auto tune off and neither have much singing talent but at least Brittney had some attributes to look at before she went off the deep end. Swift has carved out an incredible career. No telling what she had to do though to stay relevant. Music business is ruthless and 99% are irrelevant after a record or 2.

Per Alexa she has an estimated net worth of 400 million and an annual base salary of 150 million. I'll turn 63 this Fall so I'm definitely not in her target audience and with good reason but I'm a capitalist. So good for her. Not a fan of her music. More of an Etta James type guy.

Not a fan, but I understand she leaves it all on the stage. In Tampa she did three days of 3 1/2 shows at Ray Jay.

I’m alright with her. She ain’t ugly. I’d give her an 8.5. Catchy song writer

I’ll never understand it much like I didnt with Britney Spears. Take the auto tune off and neither have much singing talent but at least Brittney had some attributes to look at before she went off the deep end. Swift has carved out an incredible career. No telling what she had to do though to stay relevant. Music business is ruthless and 99% are irrelevant after a record or 2.

Get back to me when Britney writes an album like Folklore.

Don't even know why I'm bothering with mostly old perverts who have actually never listened to one single album, but you should be comparing her to Joni Mitchell and not f'n Britney.

I've seen her live. (My friend is a fan) She puts on a great show and her songs are catchy. But most of her new songs sound kind of samey, with similar structure. She is good at what she does.

Reactions: J_Dee
Like lots of you I’m a 60-something white guy who peaked in the era of the Allman Brothers and Led Zepplin.

But if you can’t recognize her talent it’s your fault, not hers.

I had never listened to any of her music until my 23 year old daughter told my wife about a song called The Best Day and my wife started playing it on our car rides. Start there if you know nothing about her. It’s a well written, emotionally rich piece.

And when I was young, tall and fit I loved slim, long legged women. The idea that she’s not attractive is ludicrous.

Last edited:
I had never listened to any of her music until my 23 year old daughter told my wife about a song called The Best Day and my wife started playing it on our car rides. Start there if you know nothing about her. It’s a well written, emotionally rich piece.
She was also like 17 when she wrote this and she made the music video herself by splicing together home videos of her and her mom.

Whenever I think of Taylor Swift, I’m reminded of the three O’s of drama: overdramatic, overrated and orchestrated.

The hype Swift is gaining is too much for what she does. Yes, she’s a good artist, but the popularity she’s garnered recently is overrated.

After Swift made a comeback with updated versions of her music, her popularity skyrocketed, and she became a sensation all over again. Many of her fans flocked to TikTok to share their reactions to her new song, “All Too Well” yet another song about an ex of hers.

Swift’s popularity is based on bashing her exes through her music. When her fans discover the man she’s written the song about, they go after him and it could harm his reputation. No, not all of her songs are about a man but a good majority of them are. She doesn’t even have that many exes. After listening to her song, “Look What You Made Me Do”, I thought it sounded like she’s trying to make her life seem more complicated than it is.

Swift is too predictable to be exciting: break up, love song, break up, love song and repeat. Her music, while well-written, is emotionally simplistic and doesn’t show any real depth. All of her songs have the same message, same theme and same melody.

Sad love songs are a popular genre of music, but there are other artists in that genre who deserve the hype and popularity Swift gets. Kacey Musgraves is an artist that comes to mind. She has an ‘Album of the Year’ award under her belt already and none of the recognition she deserves. Is Swift a good artist? Yes, but she sounds just like any other pop artist on the radio. There’s nothing unique about her music.

I’ll give credit where credit is due; she’s a good artist, but the hype she’s getting now is unwarranted.

Then there’s the “Eras Tour.”

Her fans on social media went crazy when the tour was announced, and tickets started disappearing by the second. Tickets to a Swift concert are some of the most costly and in-demand tickets on the concert market right now. For her upcoming performance in Texas, floor seats are starting at$1,706. Who has that kind of money for a concert? Some concertgoers are paying up to $5,000 for floor seats.

Concert tickets are not worth that much money no matter who the artist is. Unfortunately, Swift and multiple other artists have turned to dynamic ticket pricing using Ticketmaster. Dynamic ticket pricing raises the price of tickets the higher in demand they are. So, as Swift’s concert tickets start to sell out, the price continues to increase.

Swift fans have taken Ticketmaster to court in December for unlawful conduct in her tour sales. Fans were upset with Ticketmaster when pre-sale tickets were released in November. Once tickets started selling, outages started happening and fans were outraged when they couldn’t secure a ticket. Because of the stadiums Swift is playing at, she has no choice but to continue to work with Ticketmaster.

Swift isn’t a bad artist by any means. She’s worked hard to get where she is, but she isn’t able to reach all of her fans because of the ticket prices. It’s unfair to the fans who aren’t able to afford her concerts, no matter how popular they are.

Reactions: christophero
Her songs are catchy. But the lyrics have remained stuck at a junior high emotional level, which is why young fans eat it up. She is a hit machine, but the first love drama is getting old as she hits her 30s. She needs to evolve. But we are clearly not her demographic and she has had huge success. She has tapped into that "jilted by a guy now I'm bitter and crazy" vibe that every teen girl can relate to and milks it to no end.

I'm not a big Swift fan but she does have some catchy pop tunes. I will say this for her, she writes most of her own stuff and has a pretty good voice. Neither can be said for Madonna, the all time top selling female.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lamar Card
Um, we’re not her demographic. She’s great for what she does. No songs on my playlists, but you gotta admire her.
Reminds me of the threads here and on Rafters when the Space Jam reboot or whatever it was came out. The forever angry 40-70 year olds who hate LeBron and Hollywood in general for various reasons wasn't the demo for a kids movie featuring NBA stars and cartoon characters. Posters actually seemed upset over a Space Jam movie.

Reactions: funKYcat75
How you can hate on Swift is odd to me. She seems pure. Sweet voice and pretty eyes.

Nickel back I would understand or boy bands, but not pretty young girl with a good voice and charisma

Reactions: roguemocha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT