ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

Almost have to wonder if Diaz is hiding some sort of injury or ailment.
The angle he presents his arm would seem he's having shoulder problems. He's dropped his arm which could indicate he has pain when extending, hand gets under ball which could cause ball to sail on him. Whatever the problem, he's become very ordinary.

Reactions: trueblujr2
Almost have to wonder if Diaz is hiding some sort of injury or ailment.
He has 35 combined walks and hit batsmen in his last 34 innings,dating back to last August. Notice hits are not even included there. Astounding. No concept at all how to approach the closer role.

Diaz is straight up trash at this point. He should not pitch another game as a closer until he can prove he can get hitters out at the minor league level.

Diaz has a Carlos Marmol feel to his game right now; someone who could throw 40 pitches in an inning going to full counts on everybody because he doesn't have confidence in his fastball and it's all over the place....but outside of Cruz I'm not real confident in anybody else either.

Diaz has a Carlos Marmol feel to his game right now; someone who could throw 40 pitches in an inning going to full counts on everybody because he doesn't have confidence in his fastball and it's all over the place....but outside of Cruz I'm not real confident in anybody else either.
Guess if they had to go 3 deep Farmer would be next in line, at least he has modest closing experience. Santillan has 8 saves in AAA, I'm thinking he needs to replace Sims at least.

Need Montas to keep it together long enough to give the Reds something in return at the deadline. With his contract for 1 year and how SP was a premium last year, it would be better off to move him and get a bat in the outfield. Not sold on Montas after some of his recent games. Reds will have multiple SP options with Williamson coming back. If Lowder continues his meteoric rise through the pipeline, no reason to hold him down. Call him up at some point this year like Pittsburgh did with Skenes. Not a fan of delaying the future and he is a huge part of the Reds plans going forward.

Last edited:
Well, he threw 21 pitches last night, got one out, put 4 runners on and lost the game. Hell, he would fit in great in UK's bullpen at the moment. 🙄

Seriously need to try someone else

Who would have thought this lineup puts up 6 runs, 13 hits. Oddly enough Candelario has started to come around, .298 over the last 15 games. 17 hits & 9 RBIs. The RBIs would be higher hitting like that if everyone else would do their part to get on base. Stephenson with 3 hits. Greene with 7 innings, held the D'Backs to 5 hits, 1 walk & 2 runs. 72 of 101 pitches were strikes.

Who would have thought this lineup puts up 6 runs, 13 hits. Oddly enough Candelario has started to come around, .298 over the last 15 games. 17 hits & 9 RBIs. The RBIs would be higher hitting like that if everyone else would do their part to get on base. Stephenson with 3 hits. Greene with 7 innings, held the D'Backs to 5 hits, 1 walk & 2 runs. 72 of 101 pitches were strikes.
Greene pitching better as well

Just wish Hunter Greene could put a string of strong games in succession together. He pitches like a Cy Young winner one night then comes out and throws 90 pitches in 3 innings the next. I know he's still young, but this is a year he should be putting it all together.

They can get by with this type of lineup for a couple of games but it can't be sustained for several weeks or series. TS hitting helps.

Well, some things go without saying. We all know this lineup is shit littered with AAA hitters and beat this dead horse everyday. For a night, it was great to see was all the post was about.
Agree, but Reds fans shouldn't get used to this type of lineup...it can't sustain success.

Just wish Hunter Greene could put a string of strong games in succession together. He pitches like a Cy Young winner one night then comes out and throws 90 pitches in 3 innings the next. I know he's still young, but this is a year he should be putting it all together.
Greene has been gradually pitching much better since I blasted him and I have to give him credit for the improvement. Hunter may be the Reds All-Star representative if he keeps it up. Staying healthy will be the biggest key for him. Since he imploded vs Milwaukee on April 10th and the 4 inning start with 1 run in Seattle.

He went 7 innings with 4 runs against Philadelphia giving the Reds much needed innings with the bullpen worn down. 4 runs aren't good but the length at the time was needed.

7 scoreless 1 hit, 1 walk at Texas with their offense.

5 2/3 scoreless against Baltimore's hitters.

Last week should have been better against Arizona 5 innings, 3 runs. Much better against them last night in Arizona. He really had command of his fastball/slider combo last night.

Last edited:
Greene has been gradually pitching much better since I blasted him and I have to give him credit for the improvement. Hunter may be the Reds All-Star representative if he keeps it up. Staying healthy will be the biggest key for him. Since he imploded vs Milwaukee on April 10th and the 4 inning start with 1 run in Seattle.

He went 7 innings with 4 runs against Philadelphia giving the Reds much needed innings with the bullpen worn down. 4 runs aren't good but the length at the time was needed.

7 scoreless 1 hit, 1 walk at Texas with their offense.

5 2/3 scoreless against Baltimore's hitters.

Last week should have been better against Arizona 5 innings, 3 runs. Much better against them last night in Arizona. He really had command of his fastball/slider combo last night.
I feel like with Bell being added to the All-Star staff, you might see a Red or two more than expected or deserving. I think EDLC will get a lot of fan votes and make the team because of that. In the very least he should get an invite to the Home Run Derby. I could see Spencer Steer maybe getting a shot too. I will say the starting rotation has been pretty solid. Oddly enough, the weak spots have been Montas and Martinez. The other four have fared pretty well in general.

I feel like with Bell being added to the All-Star staff, you might see a Red or two more than expected or deserving. I think EDLC will get a lot of fan votes and make the team because of that. In the very least he should get an invite to the Home Run Derby. I could see Spencer Steer maybe getting a shot too. I will say the starting rotation has been pretty solid. Oddly enough, the weak spots have been Montas and Martinez. The other four have fared pretty well in general.

Bell shouldn't be in the same city as the AS game, much less be on the coaching staff. KKKKKruz might make it for the fans who simply want to see him run vs. actually play good baseball. Martinez was a re-tread from day 1, so this isn't a surprise. Montas has had bright spots and deserves more time.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Jokes like Espinal have made the All-Star Game below so it wouldn't shock me who gets in. May come down to 2022 and see someone like Montas get the selection if only ones goes to boost trade value like Castillo in '22. Castillo AND Brandon Drury should have been there for the Reds that year. Ironically the year Espinal made it.

Jokes like Espinal have made the All-Star Game below so it wouldn't shock me who gets in. May come down to 2022 and see someone like Montas get the selection if only ones goes to boost trade value like Castillo in '22. Castillo AND Brandon Drury should have been there for the Reds that year. Ironically the year Espinal made it.
The joke just ended the no-hitter with a home run.

Considering the SS options out there, I can easily see EDLC getting in with a fan vote even if it came down to the final vote. NL shortstops are jokes this year outside of a few. Trea Turner is hurt currently. Betts will start, Adames will get a lot of votes and Braves fans will put Arcia in. Swanson is hurt and playing like garbage for the Cubs. Lindor in New York and Bogaerts in San Diego aren't much to crow about either. Other than Greene & EDLC, Steer would need a drastic turnaround over the next month and a half. If he could sustain the production from the first couple of weeks, this would be huge for the Reds going forward.

Was a terrible lineup last night, and bullpen is very weak. I try to be optimistic, but with 7 of next 10 games vs. LA Dodgers, can see Reds just being buried by end of May, 12 or even 14 games out of first.

Was a terrible lineup last night, and bullpen is very weak. I try to be optimistic, but with 7 of next 10 games vs. LA Dodgers, can see Reds just being buried by end of May, 12 or even 14 games out of first.
It is hard to stay optimistic when the front office and management are not putting their best foot forward in trying to contend and build off of last year. Once the depth got depleted, fooling around with stopgaps that belong in AAA. Definitely can't win with that kind of lineup.

The Reds approach at spending to fix the bullpen over the offseason along with the current jokes already here has been a disaster. They could put Lou Pinella, Sparky Anderson or Dusty Baker in their prime years as a manger in the dugout and afraid they would still be struggling. .500 at best and that is not good enough to win the NL Central and come up short for the Wildcard. Factoring in they wouldn't be stupid like Bell to run out some of his lineups on a daily basis. Players have to definitely own their poor play but some of them just aren't good enough to be on a Major League roster period.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtjr
Even though I've come to expect this, its still disappointing. Trade his ass when he gets healthy.

It could be genetics, but I get the feeling that some guys don't put in the conditioning / stretching work necessary. Maybe if the game ever moves to "pay for performance" you might see less injuries.

It is hard to stay optimistic when the front office and management are not putting their best foot forward in trying to contend and build off of last year. Once the depth got depleted, fooling around with stopgaps that belong in AAA. Definitely can't win with that kind of lineup.

The Reds approach at spending to fix the bullpen over the offseason along with the current jokes already here has been a disaster. They could put Lou Pinella, Spark Anderson or Dusty Baker in their prime years as a manger in the dugout and afraid they would still be struggling. .500 at best and that is not good enough to win the NL Central and come up short for the Wildcard. Factoring in they wouldn't be stupid like Bell to run out some of his lineups on a daily basis. Players have to definitely own their poor play but some of them just aren't good enough to be on a Major League roster period.
A key difference is that those guys would be up in the faces of some of these players, demanding accountability and less distraction.

Reactions: kybloo92
Groin injuries such as Lodolo's can be very pesky, can linger and can easily aggravate. The good thing is that this doesn't involve an arm/shoulder injury. The bad thing is that it could if rehab isn't conducted correctly. Reds medical staff appears shaky at best.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Rolling with Brent Suter to open the series with the Dodgers. Bullpen will be taxed before the series even gets started.

EDLC 4 steals tonight through the top of the 5th inning. Then scores on the strikeout. The way he can create runs on the base paths is incredible.

Last edited:
Good game by the Reds. Thought Bell made the right move to eventually bring in Nick Martinez. 5 innings, 0 runs. Just 1 hits and no BB. Has good career numbers against the Dodgers. Shut them down with their stars playing too back in ST.

And of course, the Reds roll to a win over LA in the opener of a 7 game set. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT