ADVERTISEMENT

TAMU at Kentucky (1)

Very dark and windy, spitting a little rain, and a line of showers are in Louisville already, plus temperature has dropped about 15 degrees in the last hour. Not looking good to start anytime soon it seems to me.

Pretty bad management by UK....quite a few of us at the ballpark for the early start time and then they end up calling it at 4:30. Not sure what new info could possibly have come about in such a short period of time, but they should have called it earlier before people showed up.

UK been playing with fire by Martin giving up walks, but unscathed through 2

Williams doing ok. The offense needs to get going. Every batter has seen him twice now so they should be making better contact.

Looks like they are. Gilliam just got robbed by the left fielder who catches a would be home run. Felker then hits a double down the left field line. So they pull Aschenback. Darn.

1st and 3rd, two outs, and Gilliam takes a called third strike. Still 5-3 Texas A&M in the 9th.

Logue comes in and walks the leadoff batter in the top of the 9th. Next batter bloops a single to left. The next batter bunts and Logue tries to wheel to third and is late. Bases loaded and no outs. Logue gets pulled and Nove in.

I actually thought that guy at 3rd might have been out. His front foot didn't hit the bag at all on the slide

The book has been out on this team for awhile and that is the reason you saw nothing but lefties come in for A&M that game.
Throw a lefty out there and this UK team will NOT manufacture more than a run or two.

The book has been out on this team for awhile and that is the reason you saw nothing but lefties come in for A&M that game.
Throw a lefty out there and this UK team will NOT manufacture more than a run or two.
We'll see. Ming may have screwed up withbases loaded bunt.

That's not a Ming call. Coggin calls the offense, and I'm pretty sure that was an ad lib by the batter based on something he saw in the field. I hate it, but I'm going to give them credit and say those things like that i dont like have worked more often than not this year.

We'll see. Ming may have screwed up withbases loaded bunt.
He DID screw up with that, yes. But even a run or 2 we got today were gifted due to walks. Not making things happen on our own. This team CANNOT and WILL NOT hit lefties. Just the facts.

Man is Gilliam a good fielding first baseman. That throw from Felker doesn't need to be in the dirt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT